• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Nah, Mako is fine. Ryuko best tho.

Reposting this

Yeah, I noticed you needed to charge it up. Seems like a good long range weapon though. At least you're safe. I wear dual shotguns so I have to stay in their face.

Yeah. I'm wondering if when I upgrade it maybe it'll give an auto lock and perhaps a quicker charge time. My biggest issue with using any type of gun in the game is honestly the Vita controls because it's quite difficult to stay locked onto how weirdly the Abductors move on the Vita.

Ranger747

Neo Member
So Woolie recommended Angel Densetsu like 2 podcasts ago and I recently powered through it. Fucking amazing. Imma start up Vagabond soon if he's so on point with these recommendations.

I don't really know much more, I stopped reading at that point. I kinda want to pick it up again just to see how dumb it gets. I have no illusion about it's quality, and I wouldn't be watching it out of a duty because I've been in the game for so long I'm just genuinely interested in just how bad it will get.

It's pretty bad because Kubo keeps introducing characters and plot lines, that will go nowhere.

It's as if he's not trying anymore. I think he just wants the series to be over.

So Woolie recommended Angel Densetsu like 2 podcasts ago and I recently powered through it. Fucking amazing. Imma start up Vagabond soon if he's so on point with these recommendations.

I started Vagabond on his recommendation and it is pretty good. I'm reading the VizBIG editions and the Colour pages at the start of some chapters are beautiful

demidar

Hearing you guys talk about Bleach's story makes it sound on par with professional wrestling storylines.

Cue Aizen going "It was me Austin Ichigo! It was me all along!"

YEAHHH!!!

Kanbaru, Ryuko, and Chie..

The Holy Trinity of Waifu

UwUS3Wm.jpg

Don't remember. Guess they're supposed to
fuck
them tok.
They never showed anime other than DBZ on TV over here. I started on the internet.
You never stayed up super late and watched Adult Swim on cartoon network?

Showed Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Yuyu, Inuyasha etc.

Xiraiya

Does the show have a lot of filler or something?

No, people just have a thing where anything longer than like 12/24 eps is too much for their attention span or something.

But Gintama does start slow since a portion of it's appeal is how well you know the characters in it, however it continuously gets better.

Nah he decided
to become king of the evil quincy army that still exists or some shit
don't forget ichigo's sword (zangetsu or what ever it was called) was the true villain all along
The latest bleach chapters have become a 'my dick is bigger than your dick' fights

Ranger747

Neo Member
Seen Gurren Lagann? You should watch Gurren Lagann

I got through like halfway of it a few months ago. I'll probaly pick it up again soon, especially after consuming Kill La Kill in a night so I could listen to the spoilercast for it. Good times.

croten

I got through like halfway of it a few months ago. I'll probaly pick it up again soon, especially after consuming Kill La Kill in a night so I could listen to the spoilercast for it. Good times.

Just know that woolie claimed it was his favorite anime of all time and both I and most of us here, I think, agree.

JoJo94

That sounds like Orihime all right. Why does that character even exist.

At first fanservice/love interest...then I think they actually really wanted to do something with her that would have made her better because they did try for a bit. Then she just became a medic...kind of.

Xiraiya

This is the truth.

And I like Orihime. Her character appeals to me. She just isn't a good shonen character.
I actually liked her too, it took awhile for her to grow on me as I didn't think much of her in the beginning, I never really cared about Rukia too much either, she was fine but not interesting
And I don't really understand why people keep putting romantic connotations on her dynamic with Ichigo

Ranger747

Neo Member
Oh dude, oh man, do go for it. Also read Berserk.

I read the fist chapter of it once. Not sure the tone is for me. I read the first bit of JoJo on the same day and decided to roll with that instead. I'm at part 6 now. I think Angel Densetsu was the first manga I actually finished. JoJo Steel Ball Run sounds like a good time though, so I need to get to that. Fucking manga's great.

Bleach goes through some pretty hype highs and extremely bad lows.

I don't even care what happens in bleach any more, I just want to see who has the biggest 'dick' power by the end (it's probably gonna be ichigo). Hell, in the latest chapter of bleach the
apparent 'strongest' shinigami literally asks ichigo to deal with the bad guy that just killed him

croten

Depends how you choose to look at it. As much as people rag on the series, the whole Aizen deal was one of the most hype ass things in Shonen at the time.

Gurren Lagann came out in 2007. 3 years before that fight. Nothing is more Hype than Gurren.

I read the fist chapter of it once. Not sure the tone is for me. I read the first bit of JoJo on the same day and decided to roll with that instead. I'm at part 6 now. I think Angel Densetsu was the first manga I actually finished. JoJo Steel Ball Run sounds like a good time though, so I need to get to that. Fucking manga's great.

yeah Berserk is not for everyone. The first chapter will pretty much tell you if the manga is for you or not. there is a hell of a lot more to it than Gore and lewd though

I actually liked her too, it took awhile for her to grow on me as I didn't think much of her in the beginning, I never really cared about Rukia too much either, she was fine but not interesting
And I don't really understand why people keep putting romantic connotations on her dynamic with Ichigo

I think the anime blantantly shipping the two, and that people not understanding that a male/female lead, even though Rukia is barely a lead character anymore, doesn't always lead to romance.

Ah, if the um... Intense-ness of Berserk isn't up your alley that's fine. Fucking rad that you're reading JoJo though, and Part 7 is a great one when you get to it.

I can't hold my hype for that livestream. I hope you do it soon...
I hope so, too. Right now at least I want to get all my AC footage recorded before the semester starts, and in the time I try and figure out what format I want the LP to be in I'll start streaming Shadow Tower.

I still haven't figured out whether I should show the arena matches in full or not. It is just the same shit over and over, one on one AC combat, and in Project Phantasma specifically, weapon arms and a low ceiling arena (and a little bit of luck) cleans house in that mode so fucking much.

I don't think regular upgrades will do that. Look into inhereting new modules.

Not here they didn't. Cartoon network would be shut down after 10 p.m.
Wow that sucks man. That was mostly my childhood since my parents weren't around on weekends and I didn't have any friends.

...you...you're a good friend lol. Honestly for some reason a lot of the girls around me are starting to cut their hair short, and it is great and terrible because they are all taken...

I should probably text that girl <.<

JoJo94

I think the anime blantantly shipping the two, and that people not understanding that a male/female lead, even though Rukia is barely a lead character anymore, doesn't always lead to romance.

I was one of the few people who remembered Tatsuki was once a love interest for the smallest amount of time.

There was a Gurren Lagann spoilercast? I mussed have skipped it and forgot about it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those
annoying small characters that enable her healing power.
ugh...

Don't worry Kubo did too.

I should probably text that girl <.<

Wait what girl?

Xiraiya

I've watched like 90% of the anime episodes, I don't remember it "shipping" them in any overt way, their relationship was more of a mentor/junior thing that became more sibling-like as Ichigo becomes more reliable and can be the big protector/inspiration much like how Kaien was for her.

...you...you're a good friend lol. Honestly for some reason a lot of the girls around me are starting to cut their hair short, and it is great and terrible because they are all taken...
Oh, two of my friends who are girls changed their hairstyles to these awesome short cuts with bangs. I know how ya feel.

Ranger747

Neo Member
yeah Berserk is not for everyone. The first chapter will pretty much tell you if the manga is for you or not. there is a hell of a lot more to it than Gore and lewd though

Oh I know. The baby on the pike in like, the forst 14 pages I was fine with. I just need dumb, gooey, mushy, anime bullshit. I can't do serious stuff. I think that's why "Free!" and "Listen to Me, Girls, I’m Your Father!" brought me back after a few years when Naruto/Bleach/whatever pushed me away.

Gurren Lagann came out in 2007. 3 years before that fight. Nothing is more Hype than Gurren.

I don't care when Gurren Lagann came out.

People need to stop this bullshit comparing shows to other shows. Games too. This is why you people can't enjoy anything because you're like "Ohoho this other show was so better. I'm gonna go watch it for the 1248th time and jerk off to it every time."

croten

People need to stop this bullshit comparing shows to other shows. Games too. This is why you people can't enjoy anything because you're like "Ohoho this other show was so better. I'm gonna go watch it for the 1248th time and jerk off to it every time."

You said it was one of the most hype things in shonen, I was just saying that it wasn't.

I've watched like 90% of the anime episodes, I don't remember it "shipping" them in any overt way, their relationship was more of a mentor/junior thing that became more sibling-like as Ichigo becomes more reliable and can be the big protector/inspiration much like how Kaien was for her.

Well, of what I watched of the anime, which admittedly isn't a ton, the relationship was more romantic than it was in the manga.

You said
the whole Aizen deal was one of the most hype ass things in Shonen at the time.
Which I beleive is what he was referring to. Though I understand your point, you brought comparisons on yourself there.
Mines actually Gurren Lagann, but OKAY
That's what he said.

Top Bottom