• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

AoT is pretty decent. Don't go in expecting the most in depth writing or anything. Fun show though

AoT is decent. It has a pretty badass OST to go with it.

Oh, peeps are dying. Okay.

I was talking more on the level of abuse. I read Clarissa a couple of weeks ago, and that shook me for a little bit. Shockingly realistic.

Nah both start kind of innocent and fun then just continue to get darker and more fucked up.

Edit: Basically in the same way School Days does.

ultimax

Oh we're talking about sitcoms now? Fresh prince of bel air is always best girl
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25183-1388704824-7.gif

never gets old

You're probably right. I've owned the blu rays for a while and its about time I've seen it. All of Gintama is on crunchyroll anyway whenever I wanna see it.
Let me know if the dub is good. I've been thinking about getting the dub, but never got passed the lame dubbed voiceover in the english release trailer.

demidar

AoT is the definition of over hyped to fucking shit.

It's a fine series but doesn't deserve near the popularity it has.

It seems like it only caught on because "It's so violent and dark, unlike all this other weeb moe shit" that brought a lot of people into anime. At least that's the feeling I get, it's by no means what objectively happened.

And it has a cool opening too, that helps a lot.

Alfebit

Banned
It seems like it only caught on because "It's so violent and dark, unlike all this other weeb moe shit" that brought a lot of people into anime. At least that's the feeling I get, it's by no means what objectively happened.

The second OP was shit.

I don't know if anyone would appreciate this information here or are huge Hip Hop fans, but I just met Mac Miller in a bar in Hells Kitchen.

It started a trend of "violent" series getting anime more frequently as well such as Parasyte and Terraformars. Those types of things were usually left to OVA's such as Hellsing Ultimate.

AoT is the definition of over hyped to fucking shit.
It's a fine series but doesn't deserve near the popularity it has.
I dunno if that's why it disappointed me so badly, I really liked SPOILERS
up to where Eren became a Titan. It went from a show about huge zombies to just this weird.... Thing. It's not even bad, it's just limp and uninteresting.
This kid is more of a bamf than any of us.
How do you know that's not a picture of me?

I don't know if anyone would appreciate this information here or are huge Hip Hop fans, but I just met Mac Miller in a bar in Hells Kitchen.

I know nothing of Mac Miller's songs, but my sister informs me that he isn't terrible.

Since her taste in music is God awful, I'm going to assume that he is.

I dunno if that's why it disappointed me so badly, I really liked
up to where Eren became a Titan. It went from a show about huge zombies to just this weird.... Thing. It's not even bad, it's just limp and uninteresting.

It takes an even wilder departure where the manga is right now. It didn't even feel like the same series for a long time.

I thought the show was alright, but the OP is super hype.
There is a reason it only lasted one season..a hype ass opening can only go so far.

That's why..it basically replaced SAO as the "cool thing" because it was edgy. Bitches need to go watch Madoka and School Days if you want some real dark fucked up shit.

This kid is more of a bamf than any of us.

Red shoes AND CUFFED JEANS??! No my dear madam he is not a bamf..for he has no fashion sense.

I know nothing of Mac Miller's songs, but my sister informs me that he isn't terrible.

I like his new stuff..it's a shame he needs to be depressed and strung out on drugs to make good music though.

Otherwise he just makes party music.

See "Kool-Aid and Frozen Pizza" for details..yes that is a real song.

I dunno if that's why it disappointed me so badly, I really liked

What? Are you telling me that you don't think AoT focusing on
politics
is the hypest shit ever? Ridiculous.

It does that later? Oh.

Actually wait that sounds more interesting.

Yeah, it gets super weird for a good few months there. There was like 5 straight months of
a Titan not even showing up in the series.

I also like how apparently
Levi and Mikasa are now related because I don't know fuck you.
I don't know where the series is going anymore.

I'm a sucker for
political intrigue that's good, but if it's just stupid then that's dumb.

I personally enjoyed it because that kind of thing is interesting to me as well but reading it monthly certainly made it drag so god damn hard and made it feel like nothing was happening.

Mac Miller's music is kind of an acquired taste. I thought it was really bad at first, but hearing him featured in some songs he's actually grown on me. Hearing him with Action Bronson on Blue Chips 2 in that one song (Twin Peugots), he's actually pretty damn good and its my favorite song on the mixtape.

Mac Miller's music is kind of an acquired taste. I thought it was really bad at first, but hearing him featured in some songs he's actually grown on me. Hearing him with Action Bronson on Blue Chips 2 in that one song (Twin Peugots), he's actually pretty damn good and its my favorite song on the mixtape.

He's on my short list of good mixtape rappers.

I should hit him up to go roll one up. I'm really tempted to.

Despite knowing the whole Fresh Prince theme from memory, my favorite sitcom is probably just the IT Crowd. It even has the cardinal sin of a laugh track, but overcomes it with amazing jokes.

He got better flow than I pegged him for. He definitely is an acquired taste, but he's not bad.

I looked up the Korra cast because I recognized James Remar's voice, but couldn't remember his name, and found that Aubrey Plaza plays the creepy girlfriend in season 2, Maria Bamford voices Tenzin's wife and J. Jonah Jameson provides the voice of that same Tenzin

YOOOOOOOO

I totally forgot about that show.

School Days got dumb dark, tho. I'll give them a shot, anyway.

School Days got over the top dark which made it dumb yea.

These are a little more subtle, and Sankarea is fucked up in a kind of realistic problem kind of way.

Edit: Plus it has a great and adorable opening

He got better flow than I pegged him for. He definitely is an acquired taste, but he's not bad.

He's 100x better than anything Action Bronson puts out.

I met that fucker too. I felt my brain hurt talking to him, but he knows a lot about fine foods so I concurred that he was pretty much a stoner than loves high end cuisine.

Top Bottom