• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

I got sick of WoD and started playing FF14. And GW2.
GW2 is good because you don't have to keep giving them money. I like that.

I loved my time with GW2! Mostly played it as a singleplayer game minus the cool events that are in the game. Same with SWTOR.

Well like I said before, Chie is in the Warlords expansion.

If only my death knight played like Raiden.

It's ok!

I hug random people I run into in WoW. I also pet random druid cats, bears, stags and boomkins.

why would i waste money playing an MMO i dont care about just to hear Chie, when i can pull out my Vita and play Golden instead?

Uh oh. In my zeal to find something to distract myself from Monster Hunter I may have gone too far.

I'm fucked now aren't I.

Hearthstone

Jman014

nah her voice actor is, the teenage kung fu loving waifu isn't in wow

why would i waste money playing an MMO i dont care about just to hear Chie, when i can pull out my Vita and play Golden instead?
Here, have Argi!
argi.v8814.jpg

EDIT: OH SHIT PAT GOT INTO HEARTHSTONE. Sweet

I suddenly, instantly understand Dota. Fighting games need to do this. Street Fighter needs to be this.

F2P microtransaction stuff? Yep, before dota I played stuff like tf2 and laughed at everyone who would spend more then 30 bucks in the tf2 store. Now that I have been playing dota for a year now I have spent 120 dollars on this game >.>

I could never get into GW2, I don't know why but the game just didn't feel good to me. My preferred class in MMOs is Healer/support and I didn't like what they did to the system. FF14 was good from what I played of it but it is so open that I got distracted by trying to level up every skill/class and burned myself out on it.

You're not alone.. i would cry too if i lost my GBs worth of art and gifs i've saved up.. ;_; speaking of which, i'm going to back them up, right now.

I backed that shit up a couple of days ago. Now I don't have to worry.

I should probably back it up online too...

Uh oh. In my zeal to find something to distract myself from Monster Hunter I may have gone too far.

I'm fucked now aren't I.

Hearthstone

Hearthstone is fine. it is really simple but I liked what I played of it during the beta and the first months after release. There are worst things to fall into

Alfebit

Banned
That sucks, how much/many avatars/stuff did you lose?

A couple hundred avatars some of which I spent so much time on getting rid of those ugly pixels on the edges. A butt ton of art where some of those avatars came from. Some totally legal anime which doesn't bother me too much since I use crunchyroll now. I have to install ALL 7 of my steam games. Shit sucks.

Nice OP, Goodwil. I got my laptop running after resetting it to factory default. So I had to remake this avatar and I only have like 20 others now. Yes, losing all my avatars was my biggest upset. Don't judge me.
Aw dude that sucks. Glad to hear it's working anyway.
I'm fucked now aren't I.
Hearthstone
Free to play Magic the Gathering, kinda. Just don't buy any packs.

It's probably better than real cardgames since you get new cards from just playing.

Jman014

A couple hundred avatars some of which I spent so much time on getting rid of those ugly pixels on the edges. A butt ton of art where some of those avatars came from. Some totally legal anime which doesn't bother me too much since I use crunchyroll now. I have to install ALL 7 of my steam games. Shit sucks.

That really sucks, sorry man. Really liked some of your avatars.

Aw dude that sucks. Glad to hear it's working anyway.

Free to play Magic the Gathering, kinda. Just don't buy any packs.

It's probably better than real cardgames since you get new cards from just playing.

I'm kind of surprised at the rate of pack droppage. I lost 3 matches in a row in the arena and I still got a pack.

There's nothing wrong with subscription based MMO's.

It keeps the "free" to play garbage out of the game. Not to mention the retards who join just to go "420 BLAZE IT SMOKE WEED ALL DAY FUCK YOUR MOTHER HUEHUEHUE."

Squishy3

I haven't put any money into dota yet but they are doing a stamper voice pack which will be great.
I might have to throw a few bucks in for it.
Are they? I have the Bastion and Pyrion Flax announcer packs.

It keeps the "free" to play garbage out of the game. Not to mention the retards who join just to go "420 BLAZE IT SMOKE WEED ALL DAY FUCK YOUR MOTHER HUEHUEHUE."
You don't need to have a subscription to keep the F2P out, you just need to not be free. GW2 has none of that (they sell boosters, cosmetics, and convenience items like unlimited gathering tools, but that literally affects nothing.)

Rizzi

Oh, I've got nothing against subscription based MMO's. I've played 10 years of WoW.
I just like GW2 because you can just leave and come back whenever.

I'm kind of surprised at the rate of pack droppage. I lost 3 matches in a row in the arena and I still got a pack.
It's been months since I played, but doing the daily quests to buy packs guarantees a steady stream of new cards, and is generally better than the higher cost of arena unless you get 3 wins or more. The arena is actually really fun though.
In Arena the more wins you have the better drops you get. I think it takes like 7 wins or something to make back your entry.
Did they crank it up? I was sure 3 wins made it worth it.

Zenfalcia

I backed that shit up a couple of days ago. Now I don't have to worry.

I should probably back it up online too...

Nice. Only problem with online is that if someonr can get into it, they'll see everything.. >_>

That does suck. That's why backups are a good thing. :D you can always... Go and find the art again.. painfully and slowly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom