• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

I guess I'll be posting here less often then. The only one I'm really interested in is SH2 and maybe the QA stuff and attention to detail that Matt talks about in the solo LP.

and school is starting back up.

This is also a problem for me. School just started last week for me.

I want to be on the shame car pool just once.

sjay1994

With all this talk of school, I'm going to bed because getting up at 6 am sucks..

Night Gaf.

maxresdefault.jpg

Zenfalcia

I guess I'll be posting here less often then. The only one I'm really interested in is SH2 and maybe the QA stuff and attention to detail that Matt talks about in the solo LP.

and school is starting back up.

it's fine.. we'll probably still be off topic once in a while.
They're talking about
how James has various problems with repression and how he dealt with Mary's illness problems and how characters you meet talk and stuff despite not getting there yet.
Super mild in the grand scheme of the game maybe, but it's stuff.Yeah.

fairly mild, but i'm sure they really go into deep spoiler territories later, which i probably will stop watching and order a copy of SH2 and play it.
This is also a problem for me. School just started last week for me.

I want to be on the shame car pool just once.

You actually don't. It's not as good as it seems.

Well, they talked about things like different endings and some stuff about enemies and analysis of them being related to character relationships, which are fairly spoilerly. Imo.

They're talking about
how James has various problems with repression and how he dealt with Mary's illness problems and how characters you meet talk and stuff despite not getting there yet.
Super mild in the grand scheme of the game maybe, but it's stuff.Yeah.

Right, right, I forgot you guys are huge babies when it comes to spoilers. The game's 13 years old, it's your own damn fault that you haven't played it. I'll tag stuff, but only because you'll bitch if I don't.

fairly mild, but i'm sure they really go into deep spoiler territories later, which i probably will stop watching and order a copy of SH2 and play it.
I'd hope they lay off the heavy spoilers until they happen, but really everyone needs to play Silent Hill 2 like yesterday.

Zenfalcia

Right, right, I forgot you guys are huge babies when it comes to spoilers. The game's 13 years old, it's your own damn fault that you haven't played it. I'll tag stuff, but only because you'll bitch if I don't.

It is... But at least i can postpone the playthrough and wait till i play it myself. What's wrong with being babies D:
I'd hope they lay off the heavy spoilers until they happen, but really everyone needs to play Silent Hill 2 like yesterday.

nah, i wish they go really deep into the spoilers, since people who care can avoid it and watch it later.

Edit: how'd you like the surprise i had? :p

You love it, tho.

Top of the Shame car is cramped and sad.
We had the same discussion yesterday, mostly it's just cause it's a horror game. Spoilers kinda ruin the fear of the unknown.

Plus, like Pat says in the beginning of the LP, the HD collection is fucked, PC version is expensive as hell, and specific people in the thread otherwise had/have plans to play it. For a game where the story really matters, it matters.
Edit: how'd you like the surprise i had? :p
???

Dusknoir

Yeah. He's the villain of GoW. The gods are assholes, but killing them destroys everything and kills all the innocent people. He should be killed after the events of GoW 2 by a party of four spunky young people with Akira Toriyama haircuts.

To be fair Zeus did destory all of sparta while kratos was a away. I would be upset if someone destoryed my home. Not to mention the fact the God kill his younger brother after only seconds finally meeting him. After Zeus destoryed Sparta he had nothing to live for.

zeemumu

Yeah. He's the villain of GoW. The gods are assholes, but killing them destroys everything and kills all the innocent people. He should be killed after the events of GoW 2 by a party of four spunky young people with Akira Toriyama haircuts.

He's the villain of 2 and 3, but not 1. He's not ending the world on purpose, he just doesn't care until he satisfies his bloodlust. At the end of God 3 he looks around and acknowledges that it was pretty much all for nothing. Ironically he would have let most of them live if they hadn't gotten in his way. He was only after Zeus. That's always been Kratos' problem. He's never cared about what was going on around him. He sank Atlantis to go find his brother and ended the world during a revenge quest.

In the first, Ares definitely does more damage than Kratos.

sjay1994

He's the villain of 2 and 3, but not 1. He's not ending the world on purpose, he just doesn't care until he satisfies his bloodlust. At the end of God 3 he looks around and acknowledges that it was pretty much all for nothing. Ironically he would have let most of them live if they hadn't gotten in his way. He was only after Zeus. That's always been Kratos' problem. He's never cared about what was going on around him. He sank Atlantis to go find his brother and ended the world during a revenge quest.

David Jaffe did intend for there to only be one GOW.

The ending of GOW doesn't match with the beginning of GOW 2 at all.

To be fair Zeus did destory all of sparta while kratos was a away. I would be upset if someone destoryed my home. Not to mention the fact the God kill his younger brother after only seconds finally meeting him. After Zeus destoryed Sparta he had nothing to live for.

I know, that's why I keep saying he's a JRPG villain
He has a motivation and a story, but he's motivated to kill the gods and destroy the world
He wants revenge on the heavens and damn the consequences
Ergo, he's a fucking JRPG villain

I used to watch it. Right now I don't have anything to watch since Korra is done.

I haven't watched anime in forever and I feel pretty bad about it.

I watched Jojo yesterday but that doesn't really count. I have Psycho Pass and Oreimo on the priority list, then I'll go for Gintama after them.

Jman014

I haven't watched anime in forever and I feel pretty bad about it.

I watched Jojo yesterday but that doesn't really count. I have Psycho Pass and Oreimo on the priority list, then I'll go for Gintama after them.

Oh, uh I mean't the Penguins of Madagascar cartoon. I don't watch animu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom