• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete this:
If I liked _____ I'll like TWEWY.

Action games, RPGs, good writing, anime, good art, modern Shibuya settings, a good soundtrack with a mixed genre of songs, easy games, difficult games.

I mean, anything really. There's no excuse not to try this game at the least. It appeals to every genre except for like FPS. It has a little of every thing, but is probably the most unique game you'll ever play in your life. There's no RPG even remotely like it.

ultimax

Yeah, no, fuck TWEWY, CORY IS IN DA HOUSE
Commie_Berserk_Golden_Age_Chapter_I_Egg_of.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations,
I still don't know how to multiquote
but now I have one final question. Will I need a japanese ps2 to play these games?
Press the + next to quote to multiquote it.

Anyway, PS2s are region locked, so buying a japanese console is one way, but it's easy enough to mod the system you already own. The easiest modding route is to use a boot disc like Swap Magic, which still requires some modifications to the system in order to work, but nothing like soldering mod chips or shit like that.

Squishy3

Its super side questy. You can go through one or a few side quests at a time when you are on the go.

I dunno. Maybe I am silly bonkers
Nah you're right, Xenoblade is a good handheld game as long as the framerate drops that were in the first trailer are ironed out.

Yes you are. The game has tons of side quests you are meant to ignore. It is not handheld friendly, it's handheld serviceable.
It's totally a good handheld game, as long as the FPS drops are sorted out. As my setup is now, to play Xenoblade I have to play it on my Wii U in Wii mode with a wiiremote and a classic controller hooked up to that. I bet Xenoblade will get a downloadable version through the Wii U eshop in the future like Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy are getting, though.

If the New 3DS version ends up not having the FPS drops, I'll totally buy it again on that.

You just don't like that it does not have any yanderes.

I bet the game is not for everyone
It has incredible environment design and soundtrack. That is all I can give that game fucking praise for.

You know how the Best Friends joked on the podcast about Monster Hunter players that act like people who haven't played that game for 200 hours or whatever haven't really played it? I got that same fucking shit from people because I only played for 10 hours, which upon retrospective was about 5-6 hours too many for me, when they played the game to completion side quests and all and said I only experienced 5% of the game.

Like, fuck whatever conveniences that game gives you from a menu and progression stand point, that combat is so chaotic and frustrating that it reminds me why stuff like active pause exists in Bioware RPGs in the first goddamn place, because you wouldn't be able to keep track of shit. I already had fairly low expectations going into that game, and that combat design was enough to turn me off from ever wanting to see the rest.

FUCK. XENOBLADE.

croten

It has incredible environment design and soundtrack. That is all I can give that game fucking praise for.

You know how the Best Friends joked on the podcast about Monster Hunter players that act like people who haven't played that game for 200 hours or whatever haven't really played it? I got that same fucking shit from people because I only played for 10 hours, which upon retrospective was about 5-6 hours too many for me, when they played the game to completion side quests and all and said I only experienced 5% of the game.

Like, fuck whatever conveniences that game gives you from a menu and progression stand point, that combat is so chaotic and frustrating that it reminds me why stuff like active pause exists in Bioware RPGs in the first goddamn place, because you wouldn't be able to keep track of shit. I already had fairly low expectations going into that game, and that combat design was enough to turn me off from ever wanting to see the rest.

FUCK. XENOBLADE.
The combat was perfectly fine, there is a pause function to a degree in the game anyway.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

FUCK. XENOBLADE.

It's okay, getting good is hard.

semisonic

Banned
With all those side quests, it should have just been an MMO, so I could have avoided it altogether.

Fuck Xenoblade.

IT BECKONS!

FUCK. XENOBLADE.

Actually, now that you put it like that, those aspects plus Reyn's existence are most of what I like about the game.(Though damn if I don't find that voice acting adorable. Fucking brits.)

You get a pass. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom