• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
what third rate college doesnt have wifi in this day and age?

It does have wifi, just it doesn't let me connect console to it wirelessly. I can hook my PS3 and WiiU (hopefully) up wired. But it sucks, but I'm sure I've got friends who'll do some MH with me. If not, they're not friends.

It does have wifi, just it doesn't let me connect console to it wirelessly. I can hook my PS3 and WiiU (hopefully) up wired. But it sucks, but I'm sure I've got friends who'll do some MH with me. If not, they're not friends.
Does make you sign it on your devices? You could call the IT department and get them to register your MAC address? That what I had to do in my dorm.

Does make you sign it on your devices? You could call the IT department and get them to register your MAC address? That what I had to do in my dorm.

Yeah that's what I had to do for my consoles. But for some reason they won't let me with my Vita and 3DS. I can live without it I guess, but it still sucks. Especially because I go back tomorrow and I'll miss 3D After Burner II
which I'm only getting because Kamiya likes it and Kamiya is God

So uhh...I lost my 3DS stuff and will get it maybe a week later but...I GOT IT!
B7UXJffCIAAbgJ7.png

I'm actually glad they did the Direct so early. A friend of mine convinced me and another friend to head down to Gamestop and order it right away and we did. Was such a hassle because the system was down and only barely did everything go through. Luckily, we had THE best Gamestop employee of all time helping us.

Okingjrr

I'm super stoked for Metroid Prime Trilogy. Maybe I'm letting the hype of how cheap it is get to me, but damn £9 is too cheap. I just wish it was up now. Don't make me wait.

In other news, buying Galaxy 2 because I'm a casual and never played Galaxy on the Wii for some raisin and I don't really know why because I have the biggest hard on for 64 and more words mom's spaghetti
can I easily go back to Galaxy 1 after 2? Just in case I'm blown away by 2 and need more
I was in a bidding war on ebay for Metroid, I knew I wouldn't win but I had to try. Then I got news of Nintendo bringing it to the eshop. Dropped that shit so fast, now I'm just waiting for the 29th.
If Thor places his hammer on Ego the living planet, does that mean that Ego is lifting it? Is Ego worthy of the hammer?
Ego would just fall out of orbit because of the weight.
I don't know what I'm saying

So I started playing Valkyria Chronicles,
Thanks again Abu
I only just made it to the title splash, but the bright colorful storybook style seems kinda tonally weird given how generally serious and somewhat sad it seems to be?

I'm probably way too early on to judge this.

croten

Thanks again Abu
I only just made it to the title splash, but the bright colorful storybook style seems kinda tonally weird given how generally serious and somewhat sad it seems to be?

I would have agreed with you at that point but I really think it works with the game.

I'm going to GS to trade it some games.

I'm still on the fence about grabbing the new 3DS. I wish there was a kiosk set up. If I hold it and it sits well in my ginormous hands I'd pull the trigger but right now this screams "impulse buy".

The Majoras mask sell out made it much less of an impulse buy.

Could someone explain to me the appeal of monster hunter and other 3ds titles I should play?

Squishy3

So uhh...I lost my 3DS stuff and will get it maybe a week later but...I GOT IT!
B7UXJffCIAAbgJ7.png
That's why I told you to just put the money down, you could of traded your 3DS the day it showed up and should still get the promotion, in addition to being able to transfer stuff (if they refused to let you use the store's wifi just tell them you want your money back and you won't shop there again and file a bad customer survey :p and they'd probably have no choice but to let you use it)

But it's probably too late now

Jman014

I'm going to GS to trade it some games.

I'm still on the fence about grabbing the new 3DS. I wish there was a kiosk set up. If I hold it and it sits well in my ginormous hands I'd pull the trigger but right now this screams "impulse buy".

The Majoras mask sell out made it much less of an impulse buy.

Could someone explain to me the appeal of monster hunter and other 3ds titles I should play?

I would recommend Fire Emblem Awakening if you're into rpgs.

Emouse

Thanks again Abu

It has its lighthearted moments, I never finished it but I get the feeling it gets pretty dark near the endgame, but I could be wrong

But hey, war is hell, right?

360pages

I just beat God of War: Ghost of Sparta. I actually enjoyed this. Kratos is halfway decent in this one too which was a surprise.

Heh, I didn't even think about that. BestGAF never failing

Didn't I say that? Easily second best in the series gameplay wise and the best story in the series. Which makes sense since it was written right after GoW1 but wasn't used until way later.

It's the best story. Chains of Olympus is good too.

Actually Both PSP GOW are great.

Yeah, they're way better than 2 and I enjoyed them much more. They made me feel bad for Kratos for once. I was like "holy shit what, you can do that?" That big dumb fist in CoO was the best. I couldn't find a good way to use the spear in GoS though. Its million stab move was pretty cool
Didn't I say that? Easily second best in the series gameplay wise and the best story in the series. Which makes sense since it was written right after GoW1 but wasn't used until way later.

Oh shit seriously? That makes a lot of sense actually. No wonder it tied in well.

That's why I told you to just put the money down, you could of traded your 3DS the day it showed up and should still get the promotion, in addition to being able to transfer stuff (if they refused to let you use the store's wifi just tell them you want your money back and you won't shop there again and file a bad customer survey :p and they'd probably have no choice but to let you use it)

But it's probably too late now
I couldn't it had to be paid full. I can't even pick it up, it's going to be delivered. The dude was seriously the most helpful and I didn't want to be THAT guy. I didn't have anything on that 3DS anyways. I can make up Streetpasses at school. I get over 10 a day so it's no biggy to me.
I cant decide which N3DS I want....
I hope you mean between Red and Black. Majora is sold out pretty much everywhere and Monster Hunter will be gone soon.

I hate that the developers of The Order: 1886 developed the two best God of War games.

Also the HD port of Ghost of Sparta is native 1080p 60fps if I remember correctly

360pages

Yeah, they're way better than 2 and I enjoyed them much more. They made me feel bad for Kratos for once. I was like "holy shit what, you can do that?" That big dumb fist in CoO was the best. I couldn't find a good way to use the spear in GoS though. Its million stab move was pretty cool

Oh shit seriously? That makes a lot of sense actually. No wonder it tied in well.

Yep, I think either GoW 1/2 had it in the extra area that it was the original GoW2 but it was scrapped and changed. Someone can probably find a video of that.

Girlfriend preordered the Majora's Mask edition for me. I had no choice in the MM vs MH debate as I've had the Zelda DS Lite, Wii U, and 3DS versions. I skipped the XL version because I have the regular Ocarina version. Luckily I planned for owning an XL with purchasing the special edition Persona Q with the XL carrying case.

Jman014

I hate that the developers of The Order: 1886 developed the two best God of War games.

Also the HD port of Ghost of Sparta is native 1080p 60fps if I remember correctly

Anyone actually interested in The Order? I don't really find it interesting so I don't think I'll be getting a PS4 anytime soon...maybe Yakuza 6 or the next Ace Combat game will be enough for me.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Just preordered Majora's Mask 3D from Amazon

Once you go black...

Is the special edition available now?
Thanks again Abu

I need to get back into that. It was stupidly hard at some points, so I lost interest and moved on to greener pastures.
I wish takamura had his hair down more often, he looks so cool like that.

In Ippo, if there are ever loose or stray hairs, you know shit just got real.

I'm so much more broke than I had hoped thinking it was going to be a regular preorder. Fuck it though. I will hopefully get more work opportunities this weekend. So much for turning my phone on next week :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom