• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
That they are... That they are.

anna-kendrick-best-dating-advice-oprah-o-magazine-feature-feburary-2015.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have that covered on account of owning a wii
Been meaning to pick up SMG2 for years and nintendo just made it perfectly easy for me.

Surprised mods aren't locking some of these threads. There's gotta be like 6 Nintendo criticism threads or general criticism threads that are actually just Nintendo criticism threads and its really clogging up the forums.
Yeah there is a ton of people calling for Reggie's head across a bunch of different threads
Also that PC Master Race thread is fucking stupid
Why? That direct was pretty good.
What I got from reading comments was that Reggie is in 100% control of NoA and it is his fault that games didn't get localized
I actually saw some one blame him for not bringing Earthbound over on VC earlier then it did

Yeah there is a ton of people calling for Reggie's head across a bunch of different threads

What I got from reading comments was that Reggie is in 100% control of NoA and it is his fault that games didn't get localized
I actually saw some one blame him for not bringing Earthbound over on VC earlier then it did

lol Wut?

Don't they understand that Reggie and NOA are figureheads? They're a subsidiary of a Japanese multi national corp.

They have little control over what NOJ does...

They were quick to close the TBF PodCast thread.

Today's just a really shitty for the gaming side. Literally nothing going on other than Nintendo bashing. I mean just look at the names of all these threads

Nintendo responds to why regular "New" 3DS is skipping North America ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
Nintendo statement on lack of adaptor in NA. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
What Happened to Nintendo? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
NOA needs new leadership ( 1 2 3 4 )
Where do you draw the line? What does a company have to do to lose your business? ( 1 2 ) (this is just masquerading as a nintendo hate thread)

And there were a lot more earlier in the day.

Skrams

Welp, Satsuki is standing on top of my desk now at 9 inches tall. Just towers over figma Samus who is maybe 5 inches tall or so. Pretty alright for $30. I guess I'll order Ryuko to complete the set sometime down the road. Also Nendoroid Mako or something.

Also just watched the Let's Watches Nintendo Direct. I enjoy the Let's Watches, but it's always annoying how there's always one thing that they just talk over. Even Liam was miffed at Pat being all no, but fuck project steam tho when they announced Marth and other amiibos were getting another release. I get the point is to hear their commentary, but missing the crucial pieces of stuff is always a bummer.

Wondering if I should keep watching the SH2 LP as well. I know a lot more than I should about SH2 than I should without ever having played it, but it's mostly scattered bits and pieces. I should probably also play Super Mario RPG since I own it and got a few hours into then stopped playing it. It always bums me out a bit getting a new LP for a game I own, but haven't finished or a game I want to play before watching an LP. There's Beyond: Two Souls, Killer is Dead, Game of Thrones, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead Season 2, The Evil Within, D4, Dark Souls 2 DLC Parts, and I forget what else that I still haven't watched for those reasons. At least when I finish them I get the feeling of finishing a game then getting hours of new commentary to dive into eventually.

Welp, Satsuki is standing on top of my desk now at 9 inches tall. Just towers over figma Samus who is maybe 5 inches tall or so. Pretty alright for $30. I guess I'll order Ryuko to complete the set sometime down the road. Also Nendoroid Mako or something.

Nice. I'm waiting until I'm back in school to get too far down the figure hole, but both Ryuko and Satsuki are pretty high up on that list.

Satsuki best girl.

Today's just a really shitty for the gaming side. Literally nothing going on other than Nintendo bashing. I mean just look at the names of all these threads

Nintendo responds to why regular "New" 3DS is skipping North America ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
Nintendo statement on lack of adaptor in NA. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last )
What Happened to Nintendo? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
NOA needs new leadership ( 1 2 3 4 )
Where do you draw the line? What does a company have to do to lose your business? ( 1 2 ) (this is just masquerading as a nintendo hate thread)

And there were a lot more earlier in the day.

GAF Hyperbole bro. It'll blow over in a few days.

I'm surprised more people aren't shitting on that Puzzles & Dragon game and mocking the 3 match component.

lol Wut?

Don't they understand that Reggie and NOA are figureheads? They're a subsidiary of a Japanese multi national corp.

GAF Hyperbole bro. It'll blow over in a few days.

I'm surprised more people aren't shitting on that Puzzles & Dragon game and mocking the 3 match component.

The reason people are mad? Because they have to pay 10 dollars extra for a charger since its not bundled in. That set the whole chain of events off. People were upset about the vanilla new 3DS not getting localized, but paying 10 dollars extra for another charger? Unthinkable.

Its not like other regions didn't go through this either. Saw a lot of Sony defenders come out as well saying "Well I guess Nintendo fanboys can't complain about the Vita's memory card anymore." The ignorance is real strong today on GAF.

But like you said, overraction. Everyone knows that in a few weeks no one will remember/care about any of this until Nintendo's next questionable move where same can of worms will eventually be reopened.

lol Wut?

The OP from the "NOA Needs New Leadership" thread
Reggie didn't even seem enthused himself with the hot garbage he tried to pass off today. His same old tired showman schtick smells now and he knows it. In my opinion, NOA needs new leadership. Reggie started off nicely but for many years now he has increasingly come off across as a stingy, conversative, overly cautious numbers man with a rigid, inflexible view of his market while trying to pass off lemons and endlessly cutting corners.

It's bad enough Europe got the early N3DS purchase Ambassador program, but I tried my best to counter that with the expectation and excitement of eventually getting one here. The problem? Not everybody wants an XL. I've used the XL many times while playing with my friends and the larger form factor just doesn't work for me. I still love my OG launch 3DS because its size is perfect for me as I take it everywhere I go daily even during my work routine. There's also the slight resolution hit and "color warmth" difference on the XL. For a company that tries to casually imitate Apple, deliberately withholding the standard size 3DS from the U.S. seems very unfriendly, rigid and foolish. Imagine a bizarro world scenario where Apple released new IPad models but only allowed certain countries to purchase IPad minis? That's what this feels like.

My other notable complaints on Reggie and NOA are the usual suspects:

-Stonewalling the re-release of Earthbound on VC for roughly seven years because he thought it wouldn't sell. After Itoi and Iwata publically aknowledged the fan outpouring on Miiverse, NOA finally announced EB for NA/EU VC in the Mar/April 2013 Direct. When Earthbound was released on VC later that summer, the annoying "when-will-they-stop-asking-me" cult SNES game from 1994 which Reggie didn't think would sell was the number one selling title on the eShop for roughly seven months (maybe someone can clarify with some data/charts?). In fact it wasn't until not long ago that Earthbound finally dropped out of the eShop top ten.

-Getting back to N3DS, his supposed quote that 'white doesn't sell as well' in the U.S. is hogwash considering the DS Lite launched in white in 2006 and sold out consistently everywhere for many months.

-Holding back Xenoblade and the rest of the Operation Rainfall titles until the bitter end. Then after finally releasing Op Rainfall titles he went on to diss fan campaigns which stands in sharp contrast to the kind words Itoi and Iwata had for fans who campaigned on Miiverse for EB.

-Gradually marginalizing the value of Club Nintendo in the U.S. Awful reward disparity aside, new systems will no longer earn coins. But what do you expect from a company to cheap to pack in a simple AC adaptor?

So, what are your thoughts on Reggie and where NOA stands in comparison to NCL and NOE?

-Where and when did NOA start to become in the eyes of fans arguably the worst branch of Nintendo?

-In your opinion, how does Reggie's tenure, accomplishments and treatment of the U.S. fanbase compare to the Howard Lincoln/Arikawa era?

bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom