• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a compelling argument. I need to play both of those games fuck. I can't get myself into any RPGs right now.

FeMC's route is so good. So good. Go play it now.

I just wanna show people that the Persona games don't need S-links to be good. Also we will be fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Fine, but be careful. You don't want to be one of those obnoxious Persona hipsters that do nothing but complain about the newer persona games. You know, like SkLa?
:V

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The reason people are mad? Because they have to pay 10 dollars extra for a charger since its not bundled in. That set the whole chain of events off. People were upset about the vanilla new 3DS not getting localized, but paying 10 dollars extra for another charger? Unthinkable.

Its not like other regions didn't go through this either. Saw a lot of Sony defenders come out as well saying "Well I guess Nintendo fanboys can't complain about the Vita's memory card anymore." The ignorance is real strong today on GAF.

But like you said, overraction. Everyone knows that in a few weeks no one will remember/care about any of this until Nintendo's next questionable move where same can of worms will eventually be reopened.

Its not even that, if you ever owned a:
DS
DS lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS
3DS XL
and 2DS
you have a compatible charger
Keep in mind that this is gaf, where it might even be safe to say that the majority of people on this site has owned atleast one of these devices.

Now think of the long ass thread about this lack of adapter being included.

The OP from the "NOA Needs New Leadership" thread
bravo

I need to go lie down. Reading that made my brain hurt.

DS
DS lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS
3DS XL
and 2DS
Keep in mind that this is gaf, where it might even be safe to say that the majority of people on this site has owned atleast one of these devices.

I have never owned a DS of any kind. Ten dollars is an inconvenience, but the library of games that exists for the handheld is large!

DS
DS lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS
3DS XL
and 2DS

Wait? How would a DS lite charger work on a new 3DS? Isn't it a different sized plug? or would you have to buy an adapter?

Fine, but be careful. You don't want to be one of those obnoxious Persona hipsters that do nothing but complain about the newer persona games. You know, like SkLa?
:V

fixes hipster glasses

DS
DS lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS
3DS XL
and 2DS
They're basically doing what they did with the Super Famicom when that came out. It didn't come with the cables needed to power it, because the ones from the regular Famicom were compatible, and fucking everyone that was getting a Super Famicom already had the previous system. Some things never change.

But whatever, Gaming side's full of dumb shits, let's not dwell on it anymore, here have some Daytona 2 music.

Sometimes
most times
I really hate most of the people on GAF. They're getting close to YouTube comment levels with every passing day.
There's just no escaping kneejerk biased reactions when you have more and more people coming in. Unless GAF changes what constitutes as banworthy.
But whatever, Gaming side's full of dumb shits, let's not dwell on it anymore, here have some Daytona 2 music.
So gooood

Skrams

Nice. I'm waiting until I'm back in school to get too far down the figure hole, but both Ryuko and Satsuki are pretty high up on that list.

Satsuki best girl.

34622-201405270003-1.jpg

Yeah, you should. 20 bucks a figure and 10 or so for shipping for each. Mandarake is pretty cool. Also NINE inches tall. Shit is huge. There's also a little popup in the Satsuki box of Honnouji Academy that I guess you could stand up behind her if you wanted. It's pretty neat.

Correction, this is my favorite post today

Do you find yourself still rooting for Nintendo?

I was a Nintendo guy my whole life. I was the biggest apologist, no matter what idiotic choice they made. Through 90% of last gen, I was a Wii only gamer. I played online FPSs on Wii and vehemently argued that the precision afforded by the Wii remote was perfect for shooters. Then one day I got a moderately powerful laptop, started playing Steam games, and basically never looked back. Never got a 3DS, never got a Wii U, and Nintendo was basically behind me.

What's interesting though, is I find myself still rooting for Nintendo. Like a hometown team after you move away. It bums me out that Wii U is shitting the bed sales-wise in spite of what seems like some great games. I would love nothing more than for Nintendo to give up trying to reinvent the wheel, come out with a powerful console with a decently modern user experience and just blow everyone away. Even though I'd still likely not buy it in that case. I just want to see them do well and get the respect and adoration they deserve.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I weird?

Sometimes
most times
I really hate most of the people on GAF. They're getting close to YouTube comment levels with every passing day.

Knee jerk reactions are knee jerk.

It put in perspective how spoiled Americans are when other countries had the ac adaptor business phased out.

There's just no escaping kneejerk biased reactions when you have more and more people coming in. Unless GAF changes what constitutes as banworthy.

Unfortunately you can't ban people for opinions and if you ban any insanity people will just disguise their insanity a little bit. The more popular GAF gets the worst it'll be.

Yeah, you should. 20 bucks a figure and 10 or so for shipping for each. Mandarake is pretty cool. Also NINE inches tall. Shit is huge. There's also a little popup in the Satsuki box of Honnouji Academy that I guess you could stand up behind her if you wanted. It's pretty neat.

So many damn figures I want. Driving me crazy! Gonna get Madoka first.

Correction, this is my favorite post today

Do you find yourself still rooting for Nintendo?

I was a Nintendo guy my whole life. I was the biggest apologist, no matter what idiotic choice they made. Through 90% of last gen, I was a Wii only gamer. I played online FPSs on Wii and vehemently argued that the precision afforded by the Wii remote was perfect for shooters. Then one day I got a moderately powerful laptop, started playing Steam games, and basically never looked back. Never got a 3DS, never got a Wii U, and Nintendo was basically behind me.

What's interesting though, is I find myself still rooting for Nintendo. Like a hometown team after you move away. It bums me out that Wii U is shitting the bed sales-wise in spite of what seems like some great games. I would love nothing more than for Nintendo to give up trying to reinvent the wheel, come out with a powerful console with a decently modern user experience and just blow everyone away. Even though I'd still likely not buy it in that case. I just want to see them do well and get the respect and adoration they deserve.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I weird?

"I'd love Nintendo to spend money to placate my desires so I will never buy their products".

Bunch of geniuses we have on GAF man.

Unfortunately you can't ban people for opinions and if you ban any insanity people will just disguise their insanity a little bit. The more popular GAF gets the worst it'll be.

So many damn figures I want. Driving me crazy! Gonna get Madoka first.

That's why you create a community of closely knit people who enjoy the same LP groups as you.
I think

I have a figure wishlist on MyFigureCollection. When I finally break I have a priority list.

Nice.

If everything goes well, I should have a Dragon's Crown Elf figure on the way. And a Kotobuyika Batman is coming too.

I just gotta stay away from KanColle. Like, completely stay away, less I want to starve in a ShipGirl nendo paradise.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Which apparently hasent been released yet if im reading right, despite I coudla swore a read a comment in stardust crusade saying as much

edit: oh wait, found it.

demidar

That one got me real good.

"I would love nothing more for this company to do this thing, but even then I wouldn't buy it."

Well clearly there's a lot of things you love/care about more.

It's a pretty dumb opinion because it pretty much screams "I am not worth catering to".

360pages

I'm really wondering what they were expecting from the Direct. I didn't go in with high expectations, but even then It's not a big deal.

Can't get into it. Satsuki's face is shaped wrong.

360pages

I mean Nintendo legit doesn't have to do these Directs, they can just wait until E3 like everyone else does. But nope, people are going to whine, even if I thought it was kind of boring this time.

I mean Nintendo legit doesn't have to do these Directs, they can just wait until E3 like everyone else does. But nope, people are going to whine, even if I thought it was kind of boring this time.
If that Monster Hunter bundle didn't exist, I'd be disappointed by it. But it does so I got what I wanted in a way.

Matt's last line to end the Direct video was so good

man I was just looking at a bunch of JoJo figures. What the fuck is up with the joints on all the part 2 and 3 characters? it seems like you have to spend well over $100 for a statue. Also I spoiled myself on something in my adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom