• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

IThat's because the resident evil universe is just so god damn charming. Like if you describe it to someone, it sounds super generic, but in reality theres really nothing like it

Resident Evil (at least the earlier ones) are so fucking good at fostering the urge for exploration using its exquisitely crafted atmosphere and implementing game design that forces a slower paced playstyle (tank controls, slow movement speed, limited resources and saves to encourage cautious and slow movement and thorough exploration, narrow hallways to force players in close contact with enemies) to allow the player to soak it in.

joe2187

Banned
Wesker does Neo shit.

Claire does half Neo shit in that CV intro.

Chris punches a boulder.

Resident Evil is anime.

ResidentEvil-CodeVeronica-book02-72.jpg
From the RECV Manga

Emouse

Wesker does Neo shit.

Claire does half Neo shit in that CV intro.

Chris punches a boulder.

Resident Evil is anime.

Rebecca Chambers is moé as hell too

And Chris ORAORAORedfield

And in RE6 someone turns into a flesh dinosaur
not unlike a certain JoJo character

ultimax

That's never going to happen, apple doesn't care about japan.
image.php

Resident Evil (at least the earlier ones) are so fucking good at fostering the urge for exploration using its exquisitely crafted atmosphere and implementing game design that forces a slower paced playstyle (tank controls, slow movement speed, limited resources and saves to encourage cautious and slow movement and thorough exploration, narrow hallways to force players in close contact with enemies) to allow the player to soak it in.

Im so excited to go back and play resident evil 1. its been years. I've never played the gamecube remake either, so its gonna be interesting

Oberon

Banned
Someone just pointed out that it's weird that I like Resident Evil as much as I do.

I never thought about it before, but I don't like horror movies, zombies in general or any media involving zombies outside of RE, I generally only like anime and cute things and hate scary things, but Resident Evil is far and away my favorite game series.

It's fucking weird that I love Resident Evil and I never realized it before now!

Did you change channel or something? I am not seeing any of your videos :eek:

i woke up at 5 am because i was so tired from school yesterday that i actually went to bed at midnight for once.

Same thing happened to me but I fell asleep at about 10. Turns out the one assignment I had to do for the week until I get my books got moved to next week because people are dumb and can't figure out how the software works. ^3^ Now I just gotta pray my books get here before Sunday otherwise I'm starting with 20% in two of my classes.
That sounds like a good problem to have.
It's really not, I only have class once a week so the rest of my days I have no reason to wake up this early.

We plan to watch it at some point, but who knows.

Also, just got done with recording a shit ton of Dark Souls and I think I might be getting the hang of Let's Playing, guys. I might need you guys to watch these videos when they're done just to let me know how I'm doing.
Well it should be a lot harder for your friend to skip cutscenes in DS, seeing as how there is only like 5 of them in the game. so that will be better :p

Back already?
I still got another 10 days before the grind starts again...

Everyday 8AMs just beat my ass too hard.
JaggedSmallFattaileddunnart.gif

I dunno, I like mornings
though apparently not enough to make me go to bed at a reasonable time :p

I started on Monday, till May 3rd.

I don't mind mornings, I really enjoy that time of night/early morning where it's still dark outside but the sun is barely breaking the horizon and gives off enough light so everything has a shadow. Usually around 4:30 am in the Summer...it's really nice.

semisonic

Banned
Same thing happened to me but I fell asleep at about 10. Turns out the one assignment I had to do for the week until I get my books got moved to next week because people are dumb and can't figure out how the software works. ^3^ Now I just gotta pray my books get here before Sunday otherwise I'm starting with 20% in two of my classes.

It's really not, I only have class once a week so the rest of my days I have no reason to wake up this early.

Wait seriously? I'm not sure whether to be jealous or feel sorry for you.

semisonic

Banned
I started on Monday, till May 3rd.

I don't mind mornings, I really enjoy that time of night/early morning where it's still dark outside but the sun is barely breaking the horizon and gives off enough light so everything has a shadow. Usually around 4:30 am in the Summer...it's really nice.

Yeah, it's always super pretty around that time but I probably wouldn't wanna wake up just for that.
Doesn't help that the clouds in New York work overtime all the time, so there's like a 30% chance you'll even get that.
But seriously, good for you, man. Everyone should have a time like that.

Wait seriously? I'm not sure whether to be jealous or feel sorry for you.
It's okay, just one day from 9-10:45.

Most of Cthulhu's classes are online and that one class is one where it's mandatory to physically attend iirc. Correct me if i remembered incorrectly.
Yup, one of the many benefits (disadvantages) of living 40 minutes from the campus.
Aww you payed attention to me :3

Yeah, it's always super pretty around that time but I probably wouldn't wanna wake up just for that.
Doesn't help that the clouds in New York work overtime all the time, so there's like a 30% chance you'll even get that.
But seriously, good for you, man. Everyone should have a time like that.
I was the same way in Toledo, but since I moved out here it's really pretty.

Zenfalcia

Ooohh, that makes sense.

Yes it does.
How do online classes even work?

IIRC, you are given due dates for homework, assignments, and tests. You have online access to the lessons and information for the class and have to pace and motivate yourself to read up on the information.

Yup, one of the many benefits (disadvantages) of living 40 minutes from the campus.
Aww you payed attention to me :3

It also depends on the college/university and if they have that available or not.

Who?

How do online classes even work?

Basically the instructors give you the work for the week, and it's usually due by sometime Sunday, so it's up to you to get the motivation to do the work and learn. I love it since I can just schedule out what work I want to do and on what days.

Yes it does.

IIRC, you are given due dates for homework, assignments, and tests. You have online access to the lessons and information for the class and have to pace and motivate yourself to read up on the information.

It also depends on the college/university and if they have that available or not.

Who?

-hopes and dreams shattered-
</3

Basically the instructors give you the work for the week, and it's usually due by sometime Sunday, so it's up to you to get the motivation to do the work and learn. I love it since I can just schedule out what work I want to do and on what days.

-hopes and dreams shattered-
</3
Ah alright, that seems kinda cool actually but does that mean there's no teacher student interaction?

Zenfalcia

Ah alright, that seems kinda cool actually but does that mean there's no teacher student interaction?

Yeah, maybe a little? Like you might have to go in to write the final exam or tests? It'd depend on the course's content but most of the interaction is through the computer.

That depends on the student. I normally don't talk to my teachers at all and just turn in my work. Some students who need more help usually email them or whatever when they need help.

Yeah, maybe a little? Like you might have to go in to write the final exam or tests? It'd depend on the course's content but most of the interaction is through the computer.

That depends on the student. I normally don't talk to my teachers at all and just turn in my work. Some students who need more help usually email them or whatever when they need help.

If it's anything like my online classes, the professor will only contact you via email if necessary or you contact him/her with your questions.

This is a new form of education I am now learning, I guess it can be both hit and miss, this would probably be the best if you were to have a shitty teacher but there could be a possibility that you could miss out on a awesome teacher

This is a new form of education I am now learning, I guess it can be both hit and miss, this would probably be the best if you were to have a shitty teacher but there could be a possibility that you could miss out on a awesome teacher

It's not for everyone I'll tell you that now. If you're the type of person that needs face to face contact, and to be reminded of doing work constantly then doing online classes won't work for you. You need to have enough motivation and discipline to wake up and get done the set amount of work you said you would get done for that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom