• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

This is a new form of education I am now learning, I guess it can be both hit and miss, this would probably be the best if you were to have a shitty teacher but there could be a possibility that you could miss out on a awesome teacher

There's other benefits, such as self pacing, lower transportation costs, and freedom. Some cons would be lack of teacher interaction, being totally self reliant and motivated, and some other stuff, i can't think of.

semisonic

Banned
tumblr_lyefi2obWW1qf1unno1_400.gif

http://youtu.be/fLxrejB3OWE

I really don't feel like going back through the 80 or so pages you guys make every day, so who is Cory and why is he in my house?
Wait, he's in my house?
I forgot to turn on the alarm!
Ah, my breadsticks!
No seriously I don't know what Cory in the House is

Zenfalcia

I really don't feel like going back through the 80 or so pages you guys make every day, so who is Cory and why is he in my house?
Wait, he's in my house?
Ah, my breadsticks!

Git gud and move to 100pp and do what most people do, never read the backlog.

It's a spinoff show from a show called that's so raven. It's a dumb teen/kid's drama.

demidar

There's other benefits, such as self pacing, lower transportation costs, and freedom. Some cons would be lack of teacher interaction, being totally self reliant and motivated, and some other stuff, i can't think of.

Meeting new people is hard with online learning. You can just chat up people in your class or sign up to a club if you're physically attending.

Wait, he's in my house?
Ah, my breadsticks!

Cory is the work of an enemy Stand.

Wait, he's in my house?
Ah, my breadsticks!

It's pretty simple. He's the new kid, moving in, getting it done and he's officially the candidate for having some fun, you know?

croten

I was friends with a guy for an entire semester and I didn't even know his name.

Still don't.

Getting peoples names is always more awkward than it should be, when you hang out with someone for a few days you should know their name already so asking "Oh yeah, what's your name?" is a little strange

Zenfalcia

Getting peoples names is always more awkward than it should be, when you hang out with someone for a few days you should know their name already so asking "Oh yeah, what's your name?" is a little strange

That's why you discretely try to find out through tips such as them writing down their name, their computer login screen, if the class takes attendance try to learn through that way, or the easiest is asking for their number.
Well in my temporary reprieve from school work.

I'm gonna go bake a big ass Pecan Roll.

Later~

Later.

semisonic

Banned
I was friends with a guy for an entire semester and I didn't even know his name.

Still don't.

Oh god, you should meet some of the people at RIT.
I'm in GDD, where eye contact without looking away immediately basically counts as becoming blood brothers.
I seriously have that situation a lot though. Continuous social interaction is so much harder when you're bad with names.
I actually have a story about that with near watamote levels of cringe. I'll tell it if anyone's interested, but damn if it doesn't make me sad to think about it.

croten

That's why you discretely try to find out through tips such as them writing down their name, their computer login screen, if the class takes attendance try to learn through that way, or the easiest is asking for their number.

I had a conversation about this with my friend once, her go to was to ask their name and when they respond weirdly then she say's "no your surname" to get away with it.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I know this exact situation way too well. This happened at summer camps sooooo many times.

Well in my temporary reprieve from school work.

I'm gonna go bake a big ass Pecan Roll.

Later~
I ate like ten of those this morning. I feel like this right now.
gayjo.jpg

I also wanted an excuse to post that.

semisonic

Banned
I know this exact situation way too well. This happened at summer camps sooooo many times.

I ate like ten of those this morning. I feel like this right now.
gayjo.jpg

I also wanted an excuse to post that.

Why would you do this to me?
No, wait, why do you even have this?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm in GDD, where eye contact without looking away immediately basically counts as becoming blood brothers.
I seriously have that situation a lot though. Continuous social interaction is so much harder when you're bad with names.
I actually have a story about that with near watamote levels of cringe. I'll tell it if anyone's interested, but damn if it doesn't make me sad to think about it.

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Save that for RealGAF, where we swap embarrassing stories or tales of unrequited love.

Why would you do this to me?
No, wait, why do you even have this?

I found it back when I browsed reddit. I thought it was funny, so I saved it.

Never had an excuse to use it tho, that picture is like 3 years old.

Anung

Un Rama
Caught up on the thread. Had a Chicken Legend and chocolate Milkshake while watching the Silent Hill 2 LP. I'm glad Pat caught the SH4 nod.

Zenfalcia

I got tons of short embarassing stories.. i want to kill myself everytime i remember them, that or bury it. up to you if you want to talk about it.

semisonic

Banned
WOAH WOAH WOAH. Save that for RealGAF, where we swap embarrassing stories or tales of unrequited love.

Oh thank god.
On a side note, is RealGAF actually a thread, or more a sublime state of being that comes about once in a thousand years here in COMPGAF?

Zenfalcia

That and asking how to spell it, which doesn't work very well if their name is something like "Joe" or "Mike"

You could still ask and then argue you know a guy with weird spellings of normal names.
Oh thank god.
On a side note, is RealGAF actually a thread, or more a sublime state of being that comes about once in a thousand years here in COMPGAF?

It's like an arc, within the tale of BestGaf.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I got tons of short embarassing stories.. i want to kill myself everytime i remember them, that or bury it. up to you if you want to talk about it.
I've already told my most embarrassing story here on the thread, and that's how I got my avatar.

Oh thank god.

RealGAF usually happens on weekends at like 1AM, but sometimes it happens earlier in the day and on a weekday.

croten

Oh thank god.

RealGaf is what happens when some of us decide we want to depress each other with our depressing stories. It helps.

semisonic

Banned
Hey, it's 11:20 over here, so at least I'm in the timeframe.
I'm desperately trying to waste time awake to stave off the feeling I got that I wasted too much of my vacation sick and asleep, so I'll be on either way.

Now everybody's teasing around RealGAF without actually doing anything.

I feel bad for never contributing, but I can't think of a single thing that compares to you guys.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Now everybody's teasing around RealGAF without actually doing anything.

I feel bad for never contributing, but I can't think of a single thing that compares to you guys.

Look at MrSomethingSomethingWil, who doesn't have super embarrassing stories in our league! I'm sorry, your majesty!
369.jpg

Needed an excuse, again.

semisonic

Banned
I don't know, I almost hurt myself cringing on some of these stories.

Alright, fine, I'm the jobber that gets beat offscreen second round by the guy protagonist-kun fights in the finals. I just wanted to feel like a cool guy for my longstanding crippling self-image issues and general actually tragic obliviousness for once.
Wow, even as a joke
of sorts
that's sad to read.

EDIT: Jesus Mathaou, how many more of these do you have and are any of them as bad as the first one
I actually felt my stomach turn a bit there.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Alright, fine, I'm the jobber that gets beat offscreen second round by the guy protagonist-kun fights in the finals. I just wanted to feel like a cool guy for my longstanding crippling self-image issues and general actually tragic obliviousness for once.
Wow, even as a joke
of sorts
that's sad to read.

RealGAF came too early.
iZcenxTvhpQ4f.gif

semisonic

Banned
Huh, wha?
I'm just a giant penis on a chariot. What's wrong with that.

I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to answer that...

EDIT: DAMMIT MATHAOU, you better warn me next time you post any image. I'm serious. If I can't sleep on the flight back, I'm blaming you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom