• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

The rat section sucks infinite ass on mobile, almost to the point of being unbeatable. But that knowledge is from a super long time ago, so I'm not sure about its accuracy.

The part where you have to catch the Rat in the future section? That wasn't too hard for me

semisonic

Banned
The part where you have to catch the Rat in the future section? That wasn't too hard for me

Oh, you should know that isn't based on my experience. I didn't play it. It's based on app store reviews circa 2007? maybe. So you should probably take it with a lick of salt. Like this one.
Untitled.jpg

croten

Oh, you should know that isn't based on my experience. I didn't play it. It's based on app store reviews circa 2007? maybe. So you should probably take it with a lick of salt. Like this one.
Untitled.jpg

Well I did it on my second try which is usually what happens on every other version of the game I have played

semisonic

Banned
I remember that the FF3 mobile port was pretty top notch.

Yeah, mobile was actually how I first played FF1 and started 2(never finished it.)
Actually, I remember a little game called chaos rings coming out around that time that would up being surprisingly good for an early mobile rpg. I wonder if it's still good?

Skrams

I remember that the FF3 mobile port was pretty top notch.

The 3D version? It's been on everything now and it was simple to port from it's original DS release I assume. Although the FF5 and FF6 re-releases are super garbage when compared to the original game. Not sure if Chrono Trigger is the same way. I remember there being something about none of the Squeenix games working on past a certain firmware too I think?

If a person really wants to play CT then there's always other methods.

croten

The 3D version? It's been on everything now and it was simple to port from it's original DS release I assume. Although the FF5 and FF6 re-releases are super garbage when compared to the original game. Not sure if Chrono Trigger is the same way. I remember there being something about none of the Squeenix games working on past a certain firmware too I think?

If a person really wants to play CT then there's always other methods.

The mobile version seems to be fine if you can get used to the controls.

croten

I would say fucking boo but I cant since I cant trust pats opinions anymore...I have to play it myself.

Why can't you trust Pat's opinions anymore?
Turn based RPGs and VNs are some of the only genres that actually work on mobile. I still prefer buttons, even for the skill based action for RPG like Chrono Trigger, but it's actually fine.

I agree, buttons are 100% better but seeing as it was £3 I can get over it.
I refuse to believe that a game with such a good OP as time's scar could possibly be bad.

The sonic games have great music but they still suck

360pages

I refuse to believe that a game with such a good OP as time's scar could possibly be bad.

Chrono Cross by itself isn't a bad game, but it has no reason to even be connected to Trigger. With the constant changing rules o the established ones in Trigger, the overly complex plot compared to Triggers simple one.

Hell, 4 hours in and you probably are legit going to be wondering what the fuck you're doing.

Why can't you trust Pat's opinions anymore?
After playing through xenogears I thought it was a fine game just not fucking amazing.

Also the whole waifu thing but weve gone on long enough for that...

I mean he was right about Dark Souls, I mean I love that. Still havent tried Monster Hunter, so far Pat had been 1 for 4 out of things he likes.

croten

After playing through xenogears I thought it was a fine game just not fucking amazing.

I mean he was right about Dark Souls, I mean I love that. Still havent tried Monster Hunter, so far Pat had been 1 for 4 out of things he likes.

It's not Pat's fault you have bad taste
You know S3&K is better than Mario world, let the truth sink in!

Never liked Sonic 3 that much, it was fine I guess but I've had more fun with the average mario game. This is coming from someone who grew up playing Sonic.

mrmyhthef

I'm fairly sure he likes more than 4 things.

so far Pat had been 1 for 4 out of things he likes.
Do you like any of the games Pat had in either of his Top Tens? How about Devil May Cry? Fallout: New Vegas? Resident Evil or Silent Hill as a series?

Seriously the SBF have their toes in every genre and speak tons about loving like every game ever. I don't see how you can feel burned when the variety is insane.

Xenogears is just fine.......

And everyone's waifu is shit but mine.

360pages

It's not Pat's fault you have bad taste

Never liked Sonic 3 that much, it was fine I guess but I've had more fun with the average mario game. This is coming from someone who grew up playing Sonic.

Honestly, I legit have trouble remembering anything from Mario games outside of world/64 and Sunshine. (Sunshine being there for all the wrong reasons) outside of those it's just a mass of levels.

I usually just think Sonic games are more memorable.

I'm fairly sure he likes more than 4 things.
I know but the other things he like I liked before I even knew about him, and woolie got me into jojo.

Actually I dont lime wrestling so thats 1 for 5.

I guess trusting his opinions is a bit too far. I guess ive just learned that I cant take his opinions as gospel and I should judge things just cause pat says so.

croten

Do you like any of the games Pat had in either of his Top Tens? How about Devil May Cry? Fallout: New Vegas? Resident Evil or Silent Hill as a series?

Seriously the SBF have their toes in every genre and speak tons about loving like every game ever. I don't see how you can feel burned when the variety is insane.

And that's only when your talking about games. If it weren't for SBF I would never have watched Gurren, Berkserk, Jojo, Eva, KLK and so much more.

Jman014

PC games.

croten

Honestly, I legit have trouble remembering anything from Mario games outside of world/64 and Sunshine. (Sunshine being there for all the wrong reasons) outside of those it's just a mass of levels.

I usually just think Sonic games are more memorable.

A mass of levels is exactly what I want from a platformer. All I can remember from sonic is that Green Hill Zone was the only level I ever liked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom