• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emouse

Getting a head of the videos for my channel. Prepping intros, writing scripts. Catching up on best friend videos, listening to tunes, eating muffins and playing Yakuza Ishin.

All in all I've had a good day.

Nice! I think I'm going to attempt more test videos myself tomorrow, I just have no idea what games to play, also slightly jelly about Ishin, it looks so good

Monster Hunter, apparently

All monster hunter all the time apparently!

I have big hands and a purple regular..it works fine and I don't get any kind of hand cramps. Unless you're that excited about a bigger screen then the regular is fine.

Yeah I had the regular 3DS and upgraded to the XL, but I can cope with the screen size downgrade, and honestly I really like the white regular one, faceplates are cool too I'm probably going to go for that one

Nice! I think I'm going to attempt more test videos myself tomorrow, I just have no idea what games to play, also slightly jelly about Ishin, it looks so good

All monster hunter all the time apparently!

Yeah I had the regukar 3DS and upgraded to the XL, but I can cope with the screen size downgrade, and honestly I really like the white regular one, faceplates are cool too I'm probably going to go for that one

I wonder if they make an Ahegao faceplate for 3DS.. <.<

Were you born in Ireland? No? Then your not Irish

That gets into a weird place, like, I know what you mean and I'm not saying I'm Irish, I'm American from English and Irish descent, but I've heard people make this weird distinction that black people not born in Africa can't call themselves African American, which just feels like it's putting too much stake in what people call themselves.

America, being an immigrant nation, makes it fun and easy to track your roots, so people will very often ask "What are you?" and if you answer "American" they'll ask again where your family is from. In that case I say Irish and English from the start to avoid the hassle and confusion. It's easier for answering these questions and is extremely common here in the states. I'm not saying it's not dumb, just that that's why it's so common for Americans to associate themselves with other countries. It's another way to give yourself a bit of personal identity, which is something a lot of young Americans clamor for.

But yes, it's dumb to say you're from a place if you're not.

I wonder if they make an Ahegao faceplate for 3DS.. <.<

I'm gonna get a custom one made. 2015 is the year of #Aarhegao

joe2187

Banned
Same to you. And since we're both men of great taste.... I'm going to guess you main King!

Motherfucking MAXIMA!....and then Joe and then Leona.

maxima-chestshoot.gif

Alright I'll make it easier, who's my main in Skullgirls?

Oberon

Banned
Oh man, Molester Man.
This shit happened to real people, what the hell man. I hope they're still together. Fuckers need to learn to talk about shit. Man I just got over Prison School not having more english chapters too why'd I do this to myself.

I started reading it, but got bored half way trough. Would you mind telling me the ending?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
That gets into a weird place, like, I know what you mean and I'm not saying I'm Irish, I'm American from English and Irish descent, but I've heard people make this weird distinction that black people not born in Africa can't call themselves African American, which just feels like it's putting too much stake in what people call themselves.

America, being an immigrant nation, makes it fun and easy to track your roots, so people will very often ask "What are you?" and if you answer "American" they'll ask again where your family is from. In that case I say Irish and English from the start to avoid the hassle and confusion. It's easier for answering these questions and is extremely common here in the states. I'm not saying it's not dumb, just that that's why it's so common for Americans to associate themselves with other countries. It's another way to give yourself a bit of personal identity, which is something a lot of young Americans clamor for.

My ethnicity is Norwegian (about 50%), but my NATIONALITY is American.

Maybe I'll get a Monster Girl one.

I hope there's going to be some crazy custom ones out of japan or something, I want a rad JoJo 3DS or something
I would love to have a karslugh.gif faceplate.

Anung

Un Rama
Were you born in Ireland? No? Then your not Irish

I was born in Northern Ireland but was raised in England and I live in Scotland (my entire family are Scottish) so even though I am British I identify as Scottish.

I don't really care what people say they are. Americans like identifying as Irish. It can be annoying but it seems harmless enough.

I wish I played more KoF because that game is awesome. That netcode, unfortunately, isn't.

Ah geez, so many classes in this demo. I don't know which one to go with. What the fuck is a hunting horn.

I bought the game for my laptop... and my laptop couldn't run it. So I was too butthurt to pony up for the PS3 version [and nobody here is on that version anyway, so no biggie].

Also, thanks for the code Crackpebbles!

croten

That makes sense, I don't know how many times I've talked to people online how are all like "Oh you're Irish? Well my great great grandad sneezed there once so I'm basically Irish"

I was born in Northern Ireland but was raised in England and I live in Scotland (my entire family are Scottish) so even though I am British I identify as Scottish.

I don't really care what people say they are. Americans like identifying as Irish. It can be annoying but it seems harmless enough.

I'm also only a couple generations removed, so extended family get togethers have a lot of Irish/English people there, so I don't personally feel weird saying I'm English/Irish in those situations where the question is raised, but I can see how it's annoying to people who live there.

croten

Oh you were from NI too? Cool, I don't see enough people from Northern Ireland online

Alfebit

Banned
Should I start on beginner? It says you can't play with others who are on a different difficulty. I wonder if you can change it later.

Should I start on beginner? It says you can't play with others who are on a different difficulty. I wonder if you can change it later.
Me niether this is my first time playing
the room id is 10-5097-8501-1522 the passcode is 0000
I'd like to play some, even though I'm probably not that good right now. Still adjusting to the control scheme
And yeah once you finish a mission it asks if uou wanna restart on a different difficulty

Xiraiya

I'm just completely Australian at this point, nothing special about where I come from, I assume given some of the last names in my family before me that I'm probably some sort of irish descent a bunch of generations back.

Well you guessed it correctly, but someone already sent you one.

I guess everybody has a code at this point.

Yeah, I already sent Abubeats a code so I don't need it. Just wanted to have fun guessing. Pretty sure anyone in this thread who wants one has it so give it to someone who really needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom