• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
we moved past the Telltale shitting but Plague's comment on GoT part 4 is pretty good
Plague of Gripes said:
Choice A: be a warmonger that will lead his people to bloody ruin. Choice B: be a peace-happy fool that will serve his people to the wolves. Choice C: Be even-handed, showing both strength but also employing subterfuge and political guile; this option is also wrong because we need to use the same cutscenes for every one of them, so fuck you especially for picking it.

The way they ended the episode was pretty good though.

Zenfalcia

Go faster system transfer! The 2ds is useless now! You can't circle pad! Go into your older brother XL until I REPLACE HIM

Not with that attitude. You just didn't try hard enough to play monster hunter on a 2ds.
heh.
I'm not on twitter tho... can I ask someone here to do it? Send one to Matt too, with the label 'The Japanese Punisher'. That should be an instant sell, lol.

Make one for just this one tweeter.

Squishy3

Also guys, know if you're on beginner you can't play with people who have experienced selected. (IE: Me)

quote to see room passcode, we'll go through the motions starting with great jaggi i guess also holy shit the passcode input screen is so lowres

Anung

Un Rama
Trufax: Never played a Monster Hunter. Sounds good but I hate handhelds.

Well, tell a lie I played a weird Monster Hunter medal hunting game in Japan.

Oberon

Banned
Frienders, since you guys have experience in insomnia.I have to wake in 5 hours and I can't fall asleep, so how will I survive tomorrow, with such little sleep?

All this Monster Hunter talk and I've never played a single one.

Freedom Unite on PSP is the best one. It's Vita/TV compatible so you should check it out. Or just get in on 4. They're really fun, but take a good amount of time to get into and you'll probably hate it for about 20 hours before it becomes your favorite game ever.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
This Manga is actually physically painful to read. HE'S IN THE BATH WITH HER AND SHE DOESN'T REALIZE BECAUSE BULLSHIT.

Why are all of these crows eating their dicks?

Do you think you will get a real sized nu3ds when they inevitably launch them the next holiday season? I'm probably going to hold out til then.

No actually. I beat Jaggi on the 2ds and was like holy shit I can barely read this shit. Some games ARE actually built with the XL in mind.

Freedom Unite on PSP is the best one. It's Vita/TV compatible so you should check it out. Or just get in on 4. They're really fun, but take a good amount of time to get into and you'll probably hate it for about 20 hours before it becomes your favorite game ever.

I don't have a Vita.

Is it hated because it's grindy?

Frienders, since you guys have experience in insomnia.I have to wake in 5 hours and I can't fall asleep, so how will I survive tomorrow, with such little sleep?

Step 1;
file_27.jpg
Step 2;

I luff my Blood Dragon vinyl. Good stuff.

I've just played the demo for 3 and it didn't interest me. Everyone else is pretty hype for 4, though.

The demo for 3 is god awful. You fight fucking Lagombi (okay) and Plesioth (one of the most hated fights in the game) and has no proper tutorializing shit.

mike0dude

Oh the New Nintendo 3ds bundles just come with the games preinstalled, Fuck those things then, I thought it was a physical copy of the game.

I don't have a Vita.

Is it hated because it's grindy?

It's very difficult, not a lot is explained and the design concept of animation priority mixed with kind of obtuse controls make it extremely difficult to get into, but when you get used to everything it's one of the most satisfying games of all time, which is why we're all so fervently itching to play more of it.

Squishy3

Also guys, know if you're on beginner you can't play with people who have experienced selected. (IE: Me)

quote to see room passcode, we'll go through the motions starting with great jaggi i guess also holy shit the passcode input screen is so lowres

GUYS I SET UP A ROOM QUOTE TO SEE PASSCODE

Zenfalcia

Well yeah that's what he said in the reaction video. But its also a big dumb system meant for keeping in your house and not carrying around.

ah, i havent seen the let's watch yet. Anyways, Pat doesn't like carrying around any of his portable game systems, so i'd assume he won't get it, but maybe if a new 2ds comes out he might get it. :p

Mathaou

legacy of cane
No actually. I beat Jaggi on the 2ds and was like holy shit I can barely read this shit. Some games ARE actually built with the XL in mind.

'S why I gave mine away. I didn't want to have to deal with this shit.

This art gets hyper-realistic at times and it freaks the shit out of me.

tsundoku

Oh the New Nintendo 3ds bundles just come with the games preinstalled, Fuck those things then, I thought it was a physical copy of the game.

2012 called and...

Aight I got this demo time to try this MonHan shit out. It better be as hype as Pat made it sound in his top 10

Squishy3

Are the RPG elements heavy? the hunting stuff sounds great but outside of the Yakuza series I don't really care for RPGs that much anymore.
there is no leveling up, it's just hunting monsters to make weapon and armor to hunt bigger monsters to make better weapons and armor from

Man as much as I wish I could get monster hunter on release it looks like it's gonna have to wait. Trying to play the demo on my OG launch 3DS with a barely functioning R button and no second analog is too much. :(
I'll get it when I get my n3DS with my tax return I suppose
heavy sighing

Man as much as I wish I could get monster hunter on release it looks like it's gonna have to wait. Trying to play the demo on my OG launch 3DS with a barely functioning R button and no second analog is too much. :(
I'll get it when I get my n3DS with my tax return I suppose
heavy sighing

I have to wait until June! I'm going crazy already but I've got nearly 6 months ahead of me.

Zenfalcia

I hope there are more monster hunter new 3ds in the future.. or i'll be a really sad panda.. unless some amazing versions come out in the future that make up for it.

It's fine!!!

Oberon

Banned
Caffeine/energy drinks.

Step 1;

Step 2;

Ehh.. no not really.. just keep reading :p

you don't. you slowly die throughout the day until you get home and pass out.

Does the effect of caffeine stuck up? Like, am I more awake if I drink 2 coffees instead of one?

The art is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom