• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at a certain point in SMTIV (Massive spoilers! Don't click until you've finished the game):
This is the most cartoonishly evil shit I've heard in a really long while. Raising up children and then harvesting their brains for decades, then possibly use them to breed more kids and then repeat the cycle? Really? Are you fucking serious?

YOU DON'T STEAL KIDS' BRAINS!
-Pat, 2013

Squishy3

Man these rooms you guys are offering are either way too easy or way too hard...
FylKxwC.gif

also, keep in mind the game is 4x as easy when you have multiple people

because there are 3 other people for the monster to chase after

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It's a deep ass game. So any rooms up boys?
I wish I kept my code kinda, but the one thing I absolutely cannot do is use anything other than a thumbstick or the L and R button, and with monster hunter, I need that extra thumbstick. It's the reason I think Kid Icarus: Uprising isn't fun - I hate the stylus so goddamn much unless I'm playing a rythm game.

So I would just end up getting salty.

I am getting a New 3DS XL + Monster Hunter 4 + Majora's Mask 3D

My poor wallet. At least Majora's Mask is paid off

I'm getting all of that, as well as SMT4 and TWEWY.

I'm just playing solo MH4U demo, because no wireless for my 3DS. The glaive is a cool ass weapon and you can vault and shit. The charge blade is basically reverse switch axe and that's cool. But I'll stick to my guns, and stay with my gunlance. But obviously I'll just end up using everything anyway.

Man, you are way overpowered in this demo. The sets are universal, and built for being able to beat Gore Magala. Interesting way of letting noobies dip their feet in.

The bad:
Zone changes. Bosses sit right next to a door and attacks will send me through to the next zone. I even went into another zone while I was mounting the boss.
The great jaggi relying on adds to help fight. That's fucking lame, hopefully all the bosses aren't like this.

Also, wtf do i do after I beat the boss. Am I supposed to keep attacking them because my hits were still registering.
Zone changes are basically the only thing I can say about the game that's a big negative. Monsters occasionally get stuck in-between areas and you have to bait them out. Stunning a monster and being unable to hit it is terrible. Them being super fast is really nice.

Adds are pretty damn rare. Monsters generally go between areas while adds are constant every time you choose that area, and happen to just be there.

You carve the monster for materials normally after the fight.

This being my first time playing a monster hunter game I had a lot of fun and the only complaint I have is that you cant run with your weapon out and the camera.

Zone changes are basically the only thing I can say about the game that's a big negative. Monsters occasionally get stuck in-between areas and you have to bait them out. Stunning a monster and being unable to hit it is terrible. Them being super fast is really nice.

Adds are pretty damn rare. Monsters generally go between areas while adds are constant every time you choose that area, and happen to just be there.

You carve the monster for materials normally after the fight.

Yeah, I ran into a bunch of adds with the great jaggie, but the other boss we fought was by himself.

And thanks, that makes sense.

This being my first time playing a monster hunter game I had a lot of fun and the only complaint I have is that you cant run with your weapon out and the camera.

That actually kind of makes sense though. You wouldn't be able to run around while carrying a big sword. Believe there are some classes that can run with their weapons out because they're carrying light weapons.

Similar to how you can't use items while weilding your weapons except for like one class that can.

I swear I want to give Monster Hunter a shot, but the platform choice is literally the thing that's keeping me from wanting to play it. There's no reason to go back to 3 at this point, especially with the underwater shit, and I don't have the cash to spend on a new handheld that will give me better control. I mean, I'm still paying off the PS4 I bought in November for christs sake.

Whatever, you fuckers all can keep hunting. I'll just keep on racing...

Daytonaaaaaaaa...

What kind of show is Gintama? Is it a comedy?

QUOTE=Zenfalcia;147660740]Pat's here dealing some monster hunter crack to everyone, and everyone is getting addicted.[/QUOTE]

Pat is the dealer Pee Wee Herman warned us about.

Time to start on dat MonHun crack that everybody's talking about. This is my first time playing so... Leggo!

Should I start with Beginner or just dive into Experienced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom