• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at home so I can't check, but last time it said I had spent $500~ and the total cost would have been around $2000, I think.
That's the same ratio of paying 25% "worth" that I had. Neat.
What are your guys top 3 movies of all time you've ever watched?
you're tearing me apart joe
I have no idea what my favorite movies are and I'm gonna think about this all day now

We have talked about moe~~ diseases in the past, I guess new people are just being exposed to them?
That Swiss guy is what half of us would be if we had unlimited resources

Zenfalcia

That's the same ratio of paying 25% "worth" that I had. Neat.
you're tearing me apart joe
I have no idea what my favorite movies are and I'm gonna think about this all day now

Just say the Silent hill movies or any other video game movie and then you're set!
heh.

We have talked about moe~~ diseases in the past, I guess new people are just being exposed to them?

Resources being money.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Over the last 2 years, you've spent 468.1 hours playing this selection, which includes 86 items, is valued at $1532.23, and requires 393.5 GB.
I've spent 121 hours of that on RPG Maker making my game, tho.

10419979_941971735827885_1264654291398819535_n.jpg

Left to right

Metal Gear Solid
The Last of Us
Walking Dead S1

12 Angry Men, Shawshank Redemption and something else.

If I had unlimited resources I'd remake Persona 1 and 2
using the P4 cast.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm assuming not anime. |
I'm literally blanking on every movie I've ever seen. I'll think about it tho.

1) Death of a Salesman
2) Les Miserables (Musical or Liam Nee-San versions)
3) Good Will Hunting

joe2187

Banned
I'm assuming not anime. |
I'm literally blanking on every movie I've ever seen. I'll think about it tho.

Why not Anime? It's a movie aint it? Im not the academy awards man!

I still cry like a bitch watching Fox and the Hound and the Animated Metropolis movie is one of my favorites to rewatch every now and then.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Why not Anime? It's a movie aint it? Im not the academy awards man!

I still cry like a bitch watching Fox and the Hound and the Animated Metropolis movie is one of my favorites to rewatch every now and then.

"Real movies", then:
1) Death of a Salesman
2) Les Miserables (Musical or Liam Nee-San versions)
3) Good Will Hunting

Top 3 of all time, real or otherwise:
1) My Neighbor Totoro
2) Jin-Roh
3) Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Extended list:
4) Colorful/ Wolf Children
5) Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

This could go on for a long ass time.

Persona 4-2: Yukiko's Cooking Adventures X

FTFY

joe2187

Banned
Oh my god, somebody else enjoys Dog Soldiers other than me.

Fucking stupid awesome movie, I watch it every October along with American Werewolf in london.

Just finished this week's podcast.

Isn't Justin Bailey the code because "bailey" is Australian slang for a swimsuit?

Therefore Samus is Just In Bailey?

That was the origin story I heard growing up.

Just finished this week's podcast.

Isn't Justin Bailey the code because "bailey" is Australian slang for a swimsuit?

Therefore Samus is Just In Bailey?

That was the origin story I heard growing up.
There are many theories regarding the password. For example, Justin Bailey was originally thought to be one of the creators of the game, but no such name appears in the game credits. It was also often said that the Justin Bailey code was a reference to an English or Australian term for a bathing suit. Bathing suits were, according to this rumor, referred to as "bailies," so "Justin Bailey" would more accurately be rendered as "Just In (a) Bailey", which is what Samus appears to wear when the code is used. However, Samus' outfit with this code is a leotard, not a bathing suit, and "bailey" is not actually slang for "bathing suit" anywhere in the world.

It was also rumored that the password violated Metroid 's normal checksum verification, which would suggest that JUSTIN BAILEY was deliberately coded into the game. The Metroid Database has attempted to debunk this myth using password generators:
“ ...the JUSTIN BAILEY password is a total fluke. If you play around with Metroid's password system (something you can do with the Metroid Password Generator program, found in Fan Apps), you can come up with other names and words that work as passwords. The "Justin Bailey" code is one which was found early on and happened to work pretty well, so it became widely reported. „

Many players previously thought this code was the only way to play as an armorless Samus, but every password actually contains a flag indicating whether the player will be using armorless Samus or not. For example, the code "000000 000020 000000 000020" makes the player play as armorless Samus without having collected a single item and starting in Brinstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom