• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
2001: A Space Odyssey
Goodfellas
Pan's Labyrinth

Can and will probably change in the next ten minutes. There are quite a few movies that just blow my mind every time I watch them.

tumblr_mjmgmb2ghV1qifm00o1_500.gif

Now go home and get yer fuckin shine box!

Zenfalcia

Kantai Collection is truly about moe ship grils. I suppose I can't be complaining. Except the fact that some of the ships grils I like haven't been shown yet.
Where's my Bismarck!

I didn't go with Law. I don't think Chaos is much better, but I doubt I'll naturally get Neutral the first time around. It's just that
I'm never going with Law. Ever. It's easily the worse option. Fucking unacceptable.

You probably won't. I hate that they tied the neutral ending to the shitty quest system.

How long are you stuck with that avatar?

I'm stuck with it until wednesday.

tsundoku

The DLC songs for Theatrhythm are $1.30 each. There are like 60+ of them.
:/

Yeah its a great game until you say, "hey, i'd like to maybe own some of that DLC that Squarenix has absolutely 0 royalties to pay to themselves for. Oh hey look its more expensive then DDR music..."

mrmyhthef

A quick GameFAQ says it changes the ending of Raidou 2.

I think I've heard the Law equivalent in DeSu or DeSu2 is alright, but those games have more than Law/Chaos/Neutral

Oh right, duh. Well Law/Chaos in Raidou was less about angels and demons but more about your beliefs (kinda like Catherine) so it probably wasn't a valid comparison in the first place.

Have you played through P3 as the Male MC yet? You should do it as your first playthrough.

Yeah I did. I played P3FES a couple of years ago, unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it.

But I was so close to beating it (
Stuck on final boss
) and I never owned it, so I decided to buy P3P for my PSTV.

While the graphics suffer a huge downgrade, the fact that you could play as a girl, and you could actually control your party members, makes this the best version of P3.

Edit: and I got spoiled for the ending anyway, so whatever

Zenfalcia

Yeah I did. I played P3FES a couple of years ago, unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it.

But I was so close to beating it (
Stuck on final boss
) and I never owned it, so I decided to buy P3P for my PSTV.

While the graphics suffer a huge downgrade, the fact that you could play as a girl, and you could actually control your party members, makes this the best version of P3.

Edit: and I got spoiled for the ending anyway, so whatever

Shame, you almost beat the game and got some of the payoffs. Nah.. the lack of anime cut scenes really hold it back, imo. it's not the same when you just have some models re-enact a scene. Did the graphics downgrade that much?

oh, ok.

I also just finished SMT IV and to parrot what others have said, law is fucking unacceptable. I have never been so quick to decide what choices to choose in a game before. I'm chaos all the way. With that aside, the game is amazing. One thing that I find interesting is to start up this and Golden and compare the designs between the demons that are shared between the games. Some of them are identical, like Loki, but others, like Omoikane, are completely different, and I think this is really cool.

I also just finished SMT IV and to parrot what others have said, law is fucking unacceptable. I have never been so quick to decide what choices to choose in a game before. I'm chaos all the way. With that aside, the game is amazing. One thing that I find interesting is to start up this and Golden and compare the designs between the demons that are shared between the games. Some of them are identical, like Loki, but others, like Omoikane, are completely different, and I think this is really cool.
SMT3: Nocturne is where most of the 3D modeled demon designs are from, Persona 4 mostly just lifts those while adding a couple original Personas.

SMTIV was made far later than P4, releasing in 2013 while P4 is 2008, and the demons are 2D sprites, and a lot of them are from a new artist.

Shame, you almost beat the game and got some of the payoffs. Nah.. the lack of anime cut scenes really hold it back, imo. it's not the same when you just have some models re-enact a scene. Did the graphics downgrade that much?

Well the graphics when you're in the dungeons look like a PSX game, and when your at school, mall or whatever, it plays like a point and click visual novel, which I think is a nice substitute considering platform limitations.

Edit:In the cutscenes, there is no models. It's just portraits, kinda like P4A or your average VN

What are your guys top 3 movies of all time you've ever watched?

1. Back to the Future part II
2. Empire strikes back
3. Forest Gump/ the last samurai

Weeb list

1. Gintama the movie be forever yorozuya
2. Gurren Lagann the Movie: lagann hen
3. End of Evangelion.

Zenfalcia

Well the graphics when you're in the dungeons look like a PSX game, and when your at school, mall or whatever, it plays like a point and click visual novel, which I think is a nice substitute considering platform limitations.

Oh, you aren't able to wander around? That's a shame. At least you get to play a girl and get some new music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom