• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most manga can be hard to understand but I find that listening to others opinions on a series helps you to notice things you otherwise may never have. Using One Piece as an example, I listen to the Unofficial One Piece Podcast and they have the official translator as a regular and a Japanese corespondant that actually work at Jump and knows Oda so I learn things I never would have noticed on my won and it makes it so much more enjoyable a series.

Jman014

Most manga can be hard to understand but I find that listening to others opinions on a series helps you to notice things you otherwise may never have. Using One Piece as an example, I listen to the Unofficial One Piece Podcast and they have the official translator as a regular and a Japanese corespondant that actually work at Jump and knows Oda so I learn things I never would have noticed on my won and it makes it so much more enjoyable a series.

Yoo what's up man? How are you?

demidar

Ehhhhhhhh I see that as a blessing. There isn't much negative space in real life right?

edit: I'm sure I'm getting the definition of negative space wrong, but I think you get what I'm saying.

I think photographers would disagree. Having the entire photo be busy removes focus from the subject. Same thing with manga I would say.

Oberon

Banned
So guys, what do you like more? Anime or manga?

I'll wait for the Prison school anime to answer this question.
I'll bet it will have one of those dumb Beach specials episodes, and it will be less Lewd than the rest of the show.
They better make a good anime, animating the vice president should take at least half of the budget.

So Wonder Black... he doesn't say or do much does he? At least Wonder Yellow and Wonder White have a few lines to say though not many. Red, Blue and to an extent Pink and Green are focused more so than the other 3

I'll bet it will have one of those dumb Beach specials episodes, and it will be less Lewd than the rest of the show.
They better make a good anime, animating the vice president should take at least half of the budget.
There is no way the anime will have the same level of ecchi from the manga, and I also doubt it'll be able to do the manga's hyper detailed shots any justice.

Some Ero Manga can only truly exist as a manga.

So Wonder Black... he doesn't say or do much does he? At least Wonder Yellow and Wonder White have a few lines to say though not many. Red, Blue and to an extent Pink and Green are focused more so than the other 3

I think that's probably on purpose to mimic Tokusatsu (I probably spelled that wrong)

It's gonna suck.

I'm surprised it's even getting an adaptation. Wait for the blu-rays, to judge.
I Just seen Bloodborne's Greatsword

aughhhhhh guts hype
While I don't particularly care too much for large swords, link?

Anung

Un Rama

bloodborne_artbook_still_112084.jpg

ultimax

Did I miss anything hype, or is everyone still cracked out from monster hunter?

I started watching new challenger. dat OP is too good.

I think photographers would disagree. Having the entire photo be busy removes focus from the subject. Same thing with manga I would say.
Hmmm I can see that. It would keep me from breezing through mangas...
Dunno what that is, is it a sentai thing?
Its essentially live action with special effects. People mostly use it to describe the genre Sentai and Kamen Rider is. I haven't watched much Sentai to answer your initial question tho.

edit: I assume that the trope is its own thing since Sentai uses a lot of characterizations in its Sentai characters. Its pretty hard to do with 100 characters, so I guess it only focuses on those main ones.

Oberon

Banned
There is no way the anime will have the same level of ecchi from the manga, and I also doubt it'll be able to do the manga's hyper detailed shots any justice.

Some Ero Manga can only truly exist as a manga.

It's gonna suck.

I'm surprised it's even getting an adaptation. Wait for the blu-rays, to judge.

:/
Oh man, I really hope it doesn't suck...

Just waiting on Xiraiya and Beloved to wake the hell up so we can watch some JoJo's. Probably gonna stream some more FF13 after that because why not.

You know them in real life?

Edit: I am watching those Aaron Sonic videos, I didn't know Aaron liked sonic.

So I'm on the second floor of my dorm and the elevator is broken

Impossibledreams.txt

Also holy shit that's the most relevant thing I've ever seen

Neol

Got around listening to this week's podcast and listening to Pat's praise on hearthstone is actually really surprising.

Wonder if he'll continue to play long enough to realize the extreme RNG factors in the game. Kinda excited to hear the rage afterwards.

Zenfalcia

Well now that I'm trapped here I guess the only thing to do is WATCH GINTAMA

You could do the dumb cool thing and drive up and down the stairs. You totally won't get hurt at all.

Got around listening to this week's podcast and listening to Pat's praise on hearthstone is actually really surprising.

Wonder if he'll continue to play long enough to realize the extreme RNG factors in the game. Kinda excited to hear the rage afterwards.

The praise comes from the addiction and need for crack talking.

Jman014

The praise comes from the addiction and need for crack talking.

I really want my class represented in Hearhstone. Maybe in a future update!

I played Hearthstone for quite awhile. It's a really fun game as long as you get past the fact that skill will only take you so far and you need RNG to be your friend and not your enemy to win.

Beloved

How many times have we said this. ~_~

Beloved lives like 30 minutes away from me and Xiraiya is across the world. We all only know each other online though.

Don't sass me!

I live 2 1/2 hours away from you, did you forget I dont live in Florida anymore? xD

and I will sass you! ALL OF THE SASSING.

The first 10-20 hours are probably the most fun before you get familiar with it. That said I think he'll probably just slowly forget about it.

Zenfalcia

I really want my class represented in Hearhstone. Maybe in a future update!

Pat will be off the Hearthstone crack, and back on the MonHun crack since the demo came out.
I played Hearthstone for quite awhile. It's a really fun game as long as you get past the fact that skill will only take you so far and you need RNG to be your friend and not your enemy to win.

It is a card game, RNG will always be your nemesis even if you have an amazing deck.

demidar

The first 10-20 hours are probably the most fun before you get familiar with it. That said I think he'll probably just slowly forget about it.

Rapidly learning things is really fun, especially when dressed up in pretty visual effects. It's what got me to play Dota back when it was still a war3 mod because there was just so much to learn.

Pat will be off the Hearthstone crack, and back on the MonHun crack since the demo came out.

It is a card game, RNG will always be your nemesis even if you have an amazing deck.

Basically, it's why I don't play YGO nearly as seriously as I used to, too much of it revolves around luck.

Have you played Hearthstone, Ms Mason? If so, what is your favorite card and class?
It's been a few months since I played man, uhm. No favorite class. Favorite card:
Rapidly learning things is really fun, especially when dressed up in pretty visual effects. It's what got me to play Dota back when it was still a war3 mod because there was just so much to learn.
Sometimes I think a huge part of my enjoyment of videogames is learning how things work. Optimizing a JRPG when you're learning how the battle system works is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom