• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, after replaying Xrd's story, I really like how they handled it. It was just watching anime cutscenes for about 2 hours, which I think benefited it. They didn't have to make up a stupid reason why these two specific characters had to fight, and there was arcade mode with the usual way things work, which also had important plot points that needed to be seen before it was recommended to start the story. I also really liked the story itself, and can't wait for the sequel. I have to admit, i'm in a weird place with Guilty Gear's story. Xrd is the first Guilty Gear i've played, but i've been keeping up with the story since middle school.
I had not followed any of Guilty Gear's story prior to Xrd, and going through the story mode was much easier to understand compared to Chrono Phantasma, which was my first BlazBlue game.

Man, I remember going through BBCP's story and having the wiki open at all times to remind myself of whatever concepts they were talking about. What I get for getting into a series three games, I guess.

HOLY SHIT I CAN WATCH THIS SHOW WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY 200 DOLLARS YES!

Although it's gonna suck hearing censored stuff but ah well. At least I can finally watch it without having to hear that fucking atrocious sub.
Hm? Why would it be censored? The only thing I remembered that was censored on Toonami was the
Giant Boob monster
episode of Space Dandy.

uvbrub.png
Got me good.

Here's some I just thought of that aren't very original:
Mass Effect
Monster Hunter
DOOM
Outlast
Womb Raider

Part of the problem is all of the dialogue sounds incredibly stupid in english.

It is not as bothersome in Japanese.

I admit Ryuko's isn't too bad but the woman voicing Satsuki is just...off

skLaCarebear continuing to rustle peoples' jimmies, I see.

Having no lock on in this game is... Woof!
I remember telling some friends who were into Monster Hunter after playing the 3U demo that the camera and lack of a proper lock on was terrible. They told me to shut up and that it's fine as it is.

That exchange damn near turned me off ever considering the series after that.

Ooh I'm going to do this over the weekend, do you need to play everyone's arcade mode for it to make sense? oh and another thing, do you get any in game cash for finishing the story? I realised earlier that you can unlock Sin with it rather than paying, but he's pricey
Pretty much. It starts off assuming you finished at least Sol and Ky's, and most of the other characters' stories won't make any sense and come out of nowhere unless you beat their arcade mode. And yes, you do get paid. You get 100,000, which is half of what Sin costs.

Emouse

Pretty much. It starts off assuming you finished at least Sol and Ky's, and most of the other characters' stories won't make any sense and come out of nowhere unless you beat their arcade mode. And yes, you do get paid. You get 100,000, which is half of what Sin costs.

Nice nice thanks, I'll do everyones arcade first I guess!

^^^^I agree with this. I'll wait for the remaster to replay it tho.

Did you see the cool extra/secret boss yet?

Didn't even finish the game. Don't tell me anything. I just got to a certain point where I heard godsibb for the first time.

how long have you been here man? Don't argue subs v dubs with Skla, he is irrational on the subject but that is his tastes

I guess I just expect too much from Japanese voice acting. Not every thing can be as good as stuff like ippo, monogatari and especially jojo. But man KLK is just BAAAAAD.

I guess I just expect too much from Japanese voice acting. Not every thing can be as good as stuff like ippo, monogatari and especially jojo. But man KLK is just BAAAAAD.

What about it was bad? Satsuki was perfect, Ryuko fit the character perfectly, Senketsu was spot on, Mako was perfect, Sanageyama has the greatest VA of all time, Ragyo was perfect and don't you dare think a single bad thing about my main man Gamagori.

The cast is perfect for those characters.

What about it was bad? Satsuki was perfect, Ryuko fit the character perfectly, Senketsu was spot on, Mako was perfect, Sanageyama has the greatest VA of all time, Ragyo was perfect and don't you dare think a single bad thing about my main man Gamagori.

The cast is perfect for those characters.

Satsuki and gamagori were fine. Everyone else was mediocre. Mako and Nonon can just fuck off forever.

We know your weakness.

N-no....

If you guys are ever trying to piss him off, just let me know, I can do it in about 5 seconds easy

Shut up no you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom