• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people naming games for?
uvbrub.png
Matt's stand.

I guess Ultra's Omega mode is different from Vanilla, but come on....

Vanilla to Omega is a way bigger difference than going from P4A to Ultimax, I'd consider the latter a slightly bigger change than Super>Ultra but not anything more.

They had Furry costumes and it's barely even the same game with how much they changed in Omega(a lot of which I never saw them do), if they wanted to redo any game it'd be for this.

360pages

Ugh, I'm really kind of hating the lack of updated visuals for Disgaea 5, doesn't help that I'm kind of salty abut Disgaea D2 DLC, half of being the DLC for Disgaea 4. Which sucks, since I really want to like Disgaea 5 and get it, but there is very little reason to do so other than some smoother sprite work.

I could of sworn he said he got super unhype when Ibuki got announced for SF4 on a podcast a long time ago
It must be the nightmares of 2nd Impact Ibuki rocking his shit hard coming back, if he got unhype for a character returning.
No Ibuki and no Decapre, they done fucked up hard.

Pat's still whining about Decapre being a new character. I'm convinced he hasn't even seen gameplay of her and how cool she actually is.
I'm surprised on how cool Decapre is. I thought I was going to hate her, for being a clone, but she's got her shit.

Can't play her, because charge character, but she's cool.

360pages

The problem with Decapre is that she is visually awful, mostly because she is a legit clone of another character. So most people aren't interested in using her, which I can't blame them.

ultimax

Anything fire could work.. what if.. what happenned to hanako was due to her persona
/stand

Sati could work since she's a female right?
Her stand is Magicians Red
Vanilla to Omega is a way bigger difference than going from P4A to Ultimax, I'd consider the latter a slightly bigger change than Super>Ultra but not anything more.

They had Furry costumes and it's barely even the same game with how much they changed in Omega(a lot of which I never saw them do), if they wanted to redo any game it'd be for this.
Ultimax is a full blown sequel tho. SF4 Is still the same game.
Commie_Berserk_Golden_Age_Chapter_I_Egg_of.jpg

I could of sworn he said he got super unhype when Ibuki got announced for SF4 on a podcast a long time ago

I'm pretty sure the podcast did not exist until after Ibuki got announced. You're thinking of Decapre.
Ultimax is a full blown sequel tho. SF4 Is still the same game.
Technically you're right, but practically Omega changes way more gameplay wise than Ultimax does.

Yeah Ultimax is a new game, but Omega is more unique.

No Ibuki and no Decapre, they done fucked up hard.

Pat's still whining about Decapre being a new character. I'm convinced he hasn't even seen gameplay of her and how cool she actually is.
The problem is that she has a shit design. For me, no matter how cool the character plays, if their design is shit, I won't touch them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Another one from the backlog done. Finally finished off Sonic Generations (turns out when I stopped playing like three years ago, I was two bosses away from finishing it. Didn't even have any stages to go. Just bosses...goddamnit).

Anyway yeah, glad that's done.

The problem is that she has a shit design. For me, no matter how cool the character plays, if their design is shit, I won't touch them.

That's a different story. You don't like how her character looks that's fine.

But saying a character is shit based only on that is really unfair, especially when it's a fighting game character(who have way more going for them than just looks). Even if you don't like Decapre's gameplay at least it's admirable that she's an entirely unique character gameplay wise(which is a bit ironic considering she looks exactly like Cammy).

ultimax

I'm pretty sure the podcast did not exist until after Ibuki got announced. You're thinking of Decapre.

Technically you're right, but practically Omega changes way more gameplay wise than Ultimax does.

Yeah Ultimax is a new game, but Omega is more unique.
They still talked about it on a podcast, I didn't mean when she was originally announced.

And yeah, but they should still play ultimax. Saying "it's just an update" is wrong.

That's a different story. You don't like how her character looks that's fine.

But saying a character is shit based only on that is really unfair, especially when it's a fighting game character(who have way more going for them than just looks). Even if you don't like Decapre's gameplay at least it's admirable that she's an entirely unique character gameplay wise(which is a bit ironic considering she looks exactly like Cammy).
I understand what you're saying, but for a lot of people, design is very important. If it is shit, it can really bring down the rest of the character. So even if she has unique gameplay, her design is a big damper on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom