• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying, but for a lot of people, design is very important. If it is shit, it can really bring down the rest of the character. So even if she has unique gameplay, her design is a big damper on it.

Well, design is the reason why I stay away from ArkSys fighters.

semisonic

Banned
Her stand is Magicians Red

PiercingDesertedCranefly.gif

Dammit AbuBeats

So I just spent about the last hour and a half putting together the player character sprite for my game project. And a good portion of that was spent on coloring the damn thing.

Granted, this is the very first asset, so now that I know what size and dimensions everything should be in, things should be much quicker as I have a template to use now.

So I just spent about the last hour and a half putting together the player character sprite for my game project. And a good portion of that was spent on coloring the damn thing.

Granted, this is the very first asset, so now that I know what size and dimensions everything should be in, things should be much quicker as I have a template to use now.
Deciding on scale in 2D games is pretty interesting. I think Risk of Rain is probably the most extreme example of a game working with the tiniest scale characters ever.
JOESTARS KNOW WHAT'S HYPE. Oh my god when it syncs up to the music eets like ahm cahmeeng
Mmm dat Big Band moosic

Well, it's almost midnight and I have shit to do tomorrow, so i'm going to have to find a way to go to bed. I'll probably watch Jingle All the Way 2 to bore myself to sleep.

360pages

Yeah, I don't even bother talking about Anime on Neogaf anymore, unless it's here. Mangagaf is way more lax, and there are far better sites to talk about things than here. Though considering the condition the gaming section is always in the over all quality of post has taken a dip.

Well in the Swiss guy thread it's just a bunch of people insulting the guy for his hobby for no reason. While in the KLK thread it's more "this show is overrated/bad" discussion going on which I personally find annoying.
Well that sounds shitty. If the guy's hobby doesn't involve hurting people without consent, I don't see a reason to give him shit for it. And I also find that type of discussion annoying.

Yeah, I don't even bother talking about Anime on Neogaf anymore, unless it's here. Mangagaf is way more lax, and there are far better sites to talk about things than here. Though considering the condition the gaming section is always in the over all quality of post has taken a dip.

Care to name a few of these sites?

360pages

Care to name a few of these sites?

Hmm, I guess I'm more of an exception since I found a good community that actually talks about anime and stuff in depth though my writing site. And despite me loathing the set up, apparently Reddit and (Giant Bomb?) are decent in terms of that regard.

It more comes down to how lax you are.

Though you are pretty much giving up not having trolls lurk for a more relax environment.

Hmm, I guess I'm more of an exception since I found a good community that actually talks about anime and stuff in depth though my writing site. And despite me loathing the set up, apparently Reddit and (Giant Bomb?) are decent in terms of that regard.

It more comes down to how lax you are.

Though you are pretty much giving up not having trolls lurk for a more relax environment.

I used Reddit before I came to GAF and from my experience it was generally worse. Some of the smaller subreddits are fine, but the bigger ones were pretty bad. The shit UI and karma system didn't make it any better. I've never looked at the GB forums so I can't really say much. So, yeah. GAF might not be perfect, but i'd say it's a lot better than most forums out there.

360pages

I used Reddit before I came to GAF and from my experience it was generally worse. Some of the smaller subreddits are fine, but the bigger ones were pretty bad. The shit UI and karma system didn't make it any better. I've never looked at the GB forums so I can't really say much. So, yeah. GAF might not be perfect, but i'd say it's a lot better than most forums out there.

I do think Neogaf is a good place to talk about games...anything, yeah no...

Shackzam

I'm extremely green to gitting gud in any fashion. I assumed as much, but I'm glad to hear that's how I should be doing it.

If you look up some match footage, you can get a sense of what buttons are good with the character in most situations and what people do to get in. That's the main thing I look at when watching match footage. I'll find some videos with a good Cerabella.

EDIT: Here it is

360pages

The Swiss guy thread in particular is ridiculous. Especially coming from a community based around video games. You think they'd be a tad more accepting of unpopular interests.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't do it, but considering some remarks on both of those topics. It's easy to see why gamers get labeled as Giant manchildren that can't accept someone liking something or thinking differently than they do.

It's something I see very often on gaming forums more than other forums for different places. Then again this goes back to gaming being so connected to internet culture.

360pages

How many sites can you name that are a good place to talk about anything?

I know at least 3 writing sites that are pretty good, even for books as well. Even if two of them weren't for me.

I am no too far into Movie culture so I have no idea how many sites are there for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom