• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys sure love your figures.
I know I do. I can't believe how much I came you enjoy this hobby.

Back when I was a poor, I didn't understand why people did this, considering figures a waste of money, but now that I'm an "adult" with "responsibilities" I see why: Collecting shit is fun.

Back when I was a poor, I didn't understand why people did this, considering figures a waste of money, but now that I'm an "adult" with "responsibilities" I see why: Collecting shit is fun.

I'm an adult with money and I still don't get the appeal. Like do you just look at them or something? They certainly look cool, but if I wanted to stare at something cool I'd much rather get a poster.

New weapons are great but I still can't get over how they reiterated on Switch Axe moves with the Charge Axe. I only used it once but muscle memory is screwing up my combos.

dat phial burst move tho.

Jman014

Well hokay

I'm an adult with money and I still don't get the appeal. Like do you just look at them or something? They certainly look cool, but if I wanted to stare at something cool I'd much rather get a poster.
The same appeal that people get with collecting sports memorabilia, only cheaper. It's not for everyone though.

I didn't understand, until I bought Bayo, thinking that she was going to be the only one I buy. Boy, was I ever wrong.
Well hokay
Holy shit, did I really type that?

Maybe it's type to knock myself out.

Jman014

The same appeal that people get with collecting sports memorabilia, only cheaper. It's not for everyone though.

I didn't understand, until I bought Bayo, thinking that she was going to be the only one I buy. Boy, was I ever wrong.

U tired

semisonic

Banned

Yeah... It's probably been a rough night.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
...I just bought a Megahouse Elf yesterday...

The conversion rate is ridiculously great right now.

Good choice. It's one of my favorites from 2014 for sure.

It's the amount of detail and craftsmanship, tied with their inherently rarity with limited production runs. You can situate them and viewing angles however you want, set up lighting, they're superb for testing out photography. They just look really nice.

You're right, but...
How do you even find this stuff in the first place?

Just like every hobby, there are sites and online databases dedicated to it. It's growing in popularity in the west.

Well when you think of it as showing off your nerdy anime pride thing I guess that kind of makes sense. I usually wear a dolphins hoodie around campus when its cold out or a shirt during the spring/fall.

Yeah... It's probably been a rough night.
TIME-TO-COMMIT-SUDOKU.jpg

I don't get the appeal of collecting items. It's why it was so easy for me to jump into totally digital game libraries.

EDIT: I should mention, non-useful items. I just imported a god damn new XL charging dock and monster hunter case, but those do things.

Jman014

I don't get the appeal of collecting items. It's why it was so easy for me to jump into totally digital game libraries.

EDIT: I should mention, non-useful items. I just imported a god damn new XL charging dock and monster hunter case, but those do things.

Almost at 250 steam games

ultimax

I should probably try going all digital. I seriously have no more room to keep all these damn games and its becoming a problem

Well when you think of it as showing off your nerdy anime pride thing I guess that kind of makes sense. I usually wear a dolphins hoodie around campus when its cold out or a shirt during the spring/fall.

I take great pride in my nerd. I wear my Rams hoodie, and my Tearaway hoodie out in public. I have a Ryu bathrobe. Figures are just another way to show it off.

Funny thing is, I have no anime figures. I have game figures, and comic book figures but that's it. Will change, when the Abyss Fleet Nendos start rolling, but neat little thing.

Again, it's not for everyone. It was easy for me to move to a digital future, because I had no interest displaying cases, but figures and other useless apparel do something for me.

Same with the Hotline Miami 2 vinyls. They're essentially useless to me, but I still want them, and want to display them.

demidar

One could make an argument that buying $500 worth of shirts solely to escalate the Shirt Cold War is a fair bit purposeless as well.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm such a materialist. I like owning physical things and I've just always been that way. Not sure what prompted it. Though that definitely doesn't make me opposed to digital when it's done right.

semisonic

Banned

Yeah, honestly, physicals just get in the way a lot of the time.
But I mean, for collectibles, I guess it's just kinda having it there. I only do it with artbooks and osts(which, you know. Don't really count), but it's just kinda cool.

I take great pride in my nerd. I wear my Rams hoodie, and my Tearaway hoodie out in public. I have a Ryu bathrobe. Figures are just another way to show it off.

Funny thing is, I have no anime figures. I have game figures, and comic book figures but that's it. Will change, when the Abyss Fleet Nendos start rolling, but neat little thing.

I would too if there's nerd shit actually worth wearing. Like they talked about in the podcast, when its subtle and looks cool I'd definitely wear it. But if its just a picture of the game or just the title of the game on a shirt then its just dumb. Haven't come across much stuff I'd actually really wear.

It's the amount of detail and craftsmanship, tied with their inherently rarity with limited production runs. You can situate them and viewing angles however you want, set up lighting, they're superb for testing out photography. They just look really nice.

Yeah none of that sounds appealing at all. Guess its just a hobby thing I won't understand.

Edit: I also like owning physical stuff as well. I kind of want to get into game collecting, but its a hobby that requires lots of room to put things. Something I don't have at the moment. And I won't switch to digital anytime soon. Because I'd much rather run out of physical space to put things and have to box/rearrange than run out of digital room and have to delete/buy hard drives.

Rizzi

I like the idea of going digital, but living in Australia makes that sort of difficult. Bandwith caps and obscene pricing for some things and all that.

360pages

3DS kind of soured me on Digital stuff since from what I heard transferring digital games from to a new 3DS is impossible. Saves space, but is a super hassle.

I'll admit I pay way too much for internet, the guys are all shocked that I pay so much. But I don't give a fuck. I want it to download NOOOW and I want it unlimited. I get my moneys worth out of it. But Australia and some parts of the States are just absurd.

3DS kind of soured me on Digital stuff since from what I heard transferring digital games from to a new 3DS is impossible. Saves space, but is a super hassle.

Whoever told you that is a liar or mistaken, and with the NintendoID shit, it's a fucked up hassle in case shit happens but apparently Nintendo can actually recover your shit if it fucks up.

All you do is a system transfer and swap the SD card for the 3ds.It's bullshit compared to an account system like everybody else, but it's not that bad.

I really doubt Nintendo's gonna let that happen by the time it rolls out around here. That'd be insane.

Especially because Amazon will let me trade in my XL for 120 bucks and I'd much rather have money in my actual bank account than on gamestop's credit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It's not impossible, it's just annoying and more trouble than it has any right to be in this day and age.

Nintendo is the only company where I'm still reluctant to go with digital purchases. I just don't have the same level of comfort.

demidar

I like the idea of going digital, but living in Australia makes that sort of difficult. Bandwith caps and obscene pricing for some things and all that.

I pay $80 for 500 kB/s, and I live near the city. Aussie internet is fucking atrocious.

joe2187

Banned
I'll admit I pay way too much for internet, the guys are all shocked that I pay so much. But I don't give a fuck. I want it to download NOOOW and I want it unlimited. I get my moneys worth out of it. But Australia and some parts of the States are just absurd.

What is your speeds?

This is what I get for $35 a month here

4065994903.png

ultimax

It's come to the point where i have so many damn physical games, i have to start putting them on the floor. ughhh and the idea of having everything digital seems so nice and convenient. I think im gonna break and make the switch

360pages

Yeah, kind of regret buying X as a digital release along with EO4 and EOU. If I can't transfer them I can't play them, at least a mini solution for X/Y is buy OR/AS and just trade my pokemon up to the new games. But I honestly just want them to get over their fear.

semisonic

Banned
It's come to the point where i have so many damn physical games, i have to start putting them on the floor. ughhh and the idea of having everything digital seems so nice and convenient. I think im gonna break and make the switch

I just have these silly little gray plastic containers around console areas. Bookshelves are too limited, so I can just buy new ones as needed. It sounds and looks a little childish, but it's pretty good for organization.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

They look so nice on the shelf, though.

133 a month, 7.5 mb/s (real, that's megabytes, not fucking megabits) and 1.5ish upload. The thing that makes it not a total scam though is Videotron finally offered an unlimited plan, which is great considering my bandwith usage is nearly half a terabyte a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom