• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, in order to not be a hypocrite about buying Ninty products all I have to do is be negative about it enough on the podcast and channel and site in order to dissuade people from spending the same amount of money that I personally spend, and considering the number of people within the reach of my voice, I'm thinking my negativity and shitting on Nintendo when they fuck up more than clears that.

At least it still came after fan pining. If it wasn't for the multiple petitions its possible that it probably never would have came. It still should not have been that hard to get a game like Xenoblade over to NA, especially since it already came to Europe, but at least it showed that Nintendo somewhat listened for once.
Also, that's why I edited it to kind of. It should be a dying fad though. Nintendo is definitely bringing their games to NA more often because they know that console gaming is dying in Japan and the rest of the world is still buying their games, even if its not a lot of them. Which is why the decision to not bring the new 3DS regular over is kind of surprising.

This isn't true. Reggie has gone on record, and so have other NoA people, that rainfall had absolutely nothing to do with it. Rainfall did literally nothing, because NoA doesn't give a fuck.

That being said, in order to not be a hypocrite about buying Ninty products all I have to do is be negative about it enough on the podcast and channel and site in order to dissuade people from spending the same amount of money that I personally spend, and considering the number of people within the reach of my voice, I'm thinking my negativity and shitting on Nintendo when they fuck up more than clears that.

That's true for someone in your position. Can't really argue with that. Actually really interested to hear your's and Liam's thoughts about it on the podcast (assuming its a topic) since it seems Liam was really rubbed the wrong way about the new 3DS during the live direct video.

This isn't true. Reggie has gone on record, and so have other NoA people, that rainfall had absolutely nothing to do with it. Rainfall did literally nothing, because NoA doesn't give a fuck.

That's why I edited my quote. Forgot that reggie has actually said that. I'd like to think it at least played a role in gaining more interest in the series so in the long run when it did come out it sold more than it would have without rainfall being a thing.

That's true for someone in your position. Can't really argue with that. Actually really interested to hear your's and Liam's thoughts about it on the podcast (assuming its a topic) since it seems Liam was really rubbed the wrong way about the new 3DS during the live direct video.

That's why I edited my quote. Forgot that reggie has actually said that. I'd like to think it at least played a role in gaining more interest in the series so in the long run when it did come out it sold more than it would have without rainfall being a thing.

You'd like to think that but it isn't the case. And with the absurd limited quantities that they shipped, it would have sold out no matter what.

You'd like to think that but it isn't the case. And with the absurd limited quantities that they shipped, it would have sold out no matter what.

Guess you really have a point there. They have been pretty shitty with their initial handling of Xenoblade. It wasn't till after it came out where Nintendo really started to push it after they realized how popular it was. Which is probably why Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't even being debated about whether or not its actually coming to NA.

I guess when it comes to Nintendo they just play it too safe with their new products/IPs. Its somewhat understandable considering how hard they're tanking financially, but I'm not really in a position to understand Nintendo's business structure.

Guess you really have a point there. They have been pretty shitty with their initial handling of Xenoblade. It wasn't till after it came out where Nintendo really started to push it after they realized how popular it was. Which is probably why Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't even being debated about whether or not its actually coming to NA.

I guess when it comes to Nintendo they just play it too safe with their new products/IPs. Its somewhat understandable considering how hard they're tanking financially, but I'm not really in a position to understand Nintendo's business structure.

No, it's not understandable. Shit can't sell if it doesn't fucking come out. Disaster Day of Crisis, Xenoblade, both Fatal Frames, Pandoras Tower, Last Story, new 3ds. Nintendo of America are a bunch of cunts.

No, it's not understandable. Shit can't sell if it doesn't fucking come out. Disaster Day of Crisis, Xenoblade, both Fatal Frames, Pandoras Tower, Last Story, new 3ds. Nintendo of America are a bunch of cunts.

Its obvious that they're scared that if they do sell this stuff and it tanks terribly then they're gonna be in some even more serious shit. That's why its understandable, but I agree that what they're doing isn't right. This stuff should have been here from day one.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I feel like negativity, even hyperbolic negativity, still sets the tone of the consumer sentiment. Even something as seemingly pointless as "fuck NoA", when combined with volume of both overtly negative and constructive criticism can send an overall message- people aren't happy.

Being silent doesn't do any good for anyone.

Its obvious that they're scared that if they do sell this stuff and it tanks terribly then they're gonna be in some even more serious shit. That's why its understandable, but I agree that what they're doing isn't right. This stuff should have been here from day one.

I'll admit, I take a relatively extreme consumer-centric stance, often to the point of ignoring reality. But as a consumer, I don't give a FUCK about their bottom line or what they're scared of. Same with Sega and Yakuza.

joe2187

Banned
You getting it on Steam?

Probably Steam and PS4/Vita

I have a terrible terrible habit of buying the same game on steam and console just because.

I own every version of RE5, Three versions of RECVX, three versions of RE4, and two versions of RE:Revelaitons.

I have a problem.

I will also probably buy RE:Remake HD on PC just because....I cant help myself.

I feel like negativity, even hyperbolic negativity, still sets the tone of the consumer sentiment. Even something as seemingly pointless as "fuck NoA", when combined with volume of both overtly negative and constructive criticism can send an overall message- people aren't happy.

Being silent doesn't do any good for anyone.

But if you're gonna be negative and have strong feelings about a product, actually be negative towards it for more than a few days like a majority of people haven't been doing. Be consistently negative and angry about it. Because being a negative hypocrite is bad for everyone because you're encouraging those bad habits by supporting it even when hate towards that habit came straight out of your mouth. That's bad for everyone in that case.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I have a terrible terrible habit of buying the same game on steam and console just because.

I own every version of RE5, Three versions of RECVX, three versions of RE4, and two versions of RE:Revelaitons.

I have a problem.

Because you make good decisions.

But if you're gonna be negative and have strong feelings about a product, actually be negative towards it for more than a few days like a majority of people haven't been doing. Be consistently negative and angry about it. Because being a negative hypocrite is bad for everyone because you're encouraging those bad habits by supporting it even when hate towards that habit came straight out of your mouth. That's bad for everyone in that case.

That's definitely true. I just remember there being a thread a few months ago saying "Why is everyone so negative?" And all I could think about was, people will stop shitting on these companies when they stop shitting on us. And the second that the consumers take a "wait and see" approach without even vocalizing concern is the moment we've lost.

I am consistently negative and angry about it. You can't possibly accuse me of not.

I have a problem.

I will also probably buy RE:Remake HD on PC just because....I cant help myself.

I have the same problem with Resident Evil, I own too much of that series. I'm probably getting PC and Vita for Rev2.

That's definitely true. I just remember there being a thread a few months ago saying "Why is everyone so negative?" And all I could think about was, people will stop shitting on these companies when they stop shitting on us. And the second that the consumers take a "wait and see" approach without even vocalizing concern is the moment we've lost.

I'm fine with GAF's negativity towards things because I've been there long enough to be burned by companies and their handling of games so I can totally understand it.

I am consistently negative and angry about it. You can't possibly accuse me of not.

I can never deny you of being consistently angry lol. Like you said with the podcast, you give Nintendo shit when they deserve it and praise them when they actually do something good (like saving Bayo). And your word does have influence on a lot of people, especially on this thread.

I'll admit, I take a relatively extreme consumer-centric stance, often to the point of ignoring reality. But as a consumer, I don't give a FUCK about their bottom line or what they're scared of. Same with Sega and Yakuza.

That's an easy opinion to have lol. I wish I could have a stance like that, but reality has burned way too hard for me to even remotely think like that anyway.

They put a percentage of the profits into mobile, sure, but Monster Hunter's a cheap game to make, it's just that it's a money tree. Honestly I'd be shocked if MH5 didn't have a console port on Sonys shit. Handheld game or not, it's free money.

Please be excited for DMC on the iPhone. It'll be just as good as the RE4 iOS port.

DMC on iPhone already exists and it's actually pretty good.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They put a percentage of the profits into mobile, sure, but Monster Hunter's a cheap game to make, it's just that it's a money tree. Honestly I'd be shocked if MH5 didn't have a console port on Sonys shit. Handheld game or not, it's free money.

DMC on iPhone already exists and it's actually pretty good.

Yeah, I'm just playing. It's easy to give Capcom a hard time. I still don't care for mobile gaming, but I know it also fuels a lot of other games that I do care about.

By the way, thanks for posting that MH4U Charge Blade tutorial video from before. It's completely changed the way I approach the demo and the weapon, and I know my efficiency and damage potential has grown exponentially as a result.

Okami HD for IOS

that actually sounds pretty good.

I still haven't played Okamiden. I have it sealed on my shelf.

...why is that a thing?

You can't spell mobile gaming without the bile

And yes I semi irrationally hate mobile gaming.

Shameful gaming confession.

RE4 on iOS is my only playthrough of that game. Never played it on GC, PS2, Wii, or the HD on consoles (all of which I owned). I can't believe I forgot I played through that whole iOS port.

Back to Hyrule Warriors.

This is the crack before the Monster Hunter crack

Shameful gaming confession.

RE4 on iOS is my only playthrough of that game. Never played it on GC, PS2, Wii, or the HD on consoles (all of which I owned). I can't believe I forgot I played through that whole iOS port.

*judges the shit out of you*

tsundoku

Been slowly trying out all the weapons in the MH demo, gotta try that 3rd hunt available on Expert only.

Heavy Bowgun is kinda rad? But also terrible when all you have is cat helpers. Also I couldn't seem to do any damage with the regular 'Bow' to the second hunt monster? I think i needed to switch between spread and piercing, but I couldn't figure out the button for it.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, I'm just playing. It's easy to give Capcom a hard time. I still don't care for mobile gaming, but I know it also fuels a lot of other games that I do care about.

By the way, thanks for posting that MH4U Charge Blade tutorial video from before. It's completely changed the way I approach the demo and the weapon, and I know my efficiency and damage potential has grown exponentially as a result.

Where were you? Me, crack, cookies and Paragon fucked up Gore's asshole.

There was also a video posted for the Gunlace, it' got some sick air tech.

I dont know if Okamiden is actually a good game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Where were you? Me, crack, cookies and Paragon fucked up Gore's asshole.

There was also a video posted for the Gunlace, it' got some sick air tech.

I dont know if Okamiden is actually a good game.

I passed out when I got home. :(

Shack and Crack felt bad for me, so we played again just now and beat him. Victoly!

All I know about Okamiden is that Chibiterasu is adorable.

4066131996.png

I just wanted to be included. :( I had to downgrade last month. I miss my 12Mb upload. At least I don't have a cap here.

Gaijin Hunters tutorials are absurdly good. The insect glaive changed for me after watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom