• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's a bit weird. They don't want to get sued for saying Oingo and Boingo even though it's clearly written on his book, but they're fine referencing an album from The Police. It's not like this is the first time they've done it though. It's just the first time that it's even way more obvious to a person who hasn't read the manga.

Yea it's cool how their referencing a thing related to the original name, but you could clearly hear the name Oingo and Boingo being said and subtitles are the only thing that changed. It may just be a thing on Crunchyroll's end and I'm probably making an unnecessarily big deal out of a small thing

Zenfalcia

Yea it's cool how their referencing a thing related to the original name, but you could clearly hear the name Oingo and Boingo being said and subtitles are the only thing that changed. It may just be a thing on Crunchyroll's end and I'm probably making an unnecessarily big deal out of a small thing

Like you said, it's probably crunchyroll's fault since if the anime did say it, it's up to the Translator to actually put it in or not. I'm sure other sub groups would probably put oingo boingo.

YOOOO!

So I spent an hour with Monster Hunter last night.

It's not clicking with me.

I don't like the delayed camera control and I havent figured out how to lock onto enemies.

Weapons looks and feel really good.

World is pretty meh.

Am I missing something?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
YOOOO!

So I spent an hour with Monster Hunter last night.

It's not clicking with me.

I don't like the delayed camera control and I havent figured out how to lock onto enemies.

Weapons looks and feel really good.

World is pretty meh.

Am I missing something?

Not sure about delayed camera, never really had that issue myself.

As for lock-on, there's a "soft" lock-on you can activate by pressing the button on the touchscreen with the monster's emblem on it when you're in the same area as it. This makes it so when you tap the L button, the camera focuses on the monster. However, as for full lock-on, like "your character always faces the monster"? Doesn't exist.

Monster Hunter has never clicked with me.

I really liked Toukiden and th bit of Freedom Wars that I've played has also been good.

I'm I just missing something?

Freedom Unite and 3 Ultimate on the Wii U.
I only started with 3U. Did you at least unlock some quests to kill monsters? I'm not sure what's different about MonHun compared to Toukiden. Is it the preparation before a quest or did you not get to a quest?

(I'm probably doing a bad job of trying to see if you'd like this)

Not sure about delayed camera, never really had that issue myself.

As for lock-on, there's a "soft" lock-on you can activate by pressing the button on the touchscreen with the monster's emblem on it when you're in the same area as it. This makes it so when you tap the L button, the camera focuses on the monster. However, as for full lock-on, like "your character always faces the monster"? Doesn't exist.

That sucks. I hope that is remedied in 4, if that's the game that is supposed to bring in the causal crowd.

I highlighted your problem
Poeple aren't joking when they say the game needs tens of hours to click

So like a MMO? How many hours should it take?

You mainly want to get through those first introductory quests to unlock a fun one like fighting the Great Jaggi.

Noted. I fought the mini ones that kind of look like the spitters from Jurrasic Park.

I only started with 3U. Did you at least unlock some quests to kill monsters? I'm not sure what's different about MonHun compared to Toukiden. Is it the preparation before a quest or did you not get to a quest?

(I'm probably doing a bad job of trying to see if you'd like this)

On Freedom Unite, I spent roughly 3 hours doing tutorials in a menu. I gave up.

In 3U, it's been 2 hours. Mostly done collection quests. I've killed some mobs.

Toukiden starts with you fighting a one of the tougher boss just to learn the basics, giving you a taste of the higher level abilities and unlockables. It also has you fighting the big monsters almost immediately after it's short tutorial, and has some interesting characters and a decent story.

That sucks. I hope that is remedied in 4, if that's the game that is supposed to bring in the causal crowd.

So like a MMO? How many hours should it take?.
Nah it's the same. They added in a bunch of verticality and took out water.
Also it just takes however long it takes to become acclimated, and to get to one of the "real quests".
On Freedom Unite, I spent roughly 3 hours doing tutorials in a menu. I gave up.

In 3U, it's been 2 hours. Mostly done collection quests. I've killed some mobs.

Toukiden starts with you fighting a one of the tougher boss just to learn the basics, giving you a taste of the higher level abilities and unlockables. It also has you fighting the big monsters almost immediately after it's short tutorial, and has some interesting characters and a decent story.
Yeah the intro is some rough shit. If you want to try the 4U demo it throws you immediately into one of three fights and give you (really good) equipment.

Yeah the intro is some rough shit. If you want to try the 4U demo it throws you immediately into one of three fights and give you (really good) equipment.

I did.

I fought the first one, it was okay. Nothing that amazed me.

But that was the same way with Toukiden until I found a weapon that I liked using. So far, the weapons in Monster Hunter aren't clicking with me.

I did.

I fought the first one, it was okay. Nothing that amazed me.

But that was the same way with Toukiden until I found a weapon that I liked using. So far, the weapons in Monster Hunter aren't clicking with me.
Give everything a shot, I suppose. Also, Tetsucabara is probably better gauge of a "normal" fight, albeit a bit easier. Gore Magala is just a bit stronger than you, so he's decently hard to solo.

Mr.Jack

Neo Member
Hi guys, by any chance does anyone knows what series is this?

VtM745x.gif

Sorry for the off-topic

Zenfalcia

Recommendations from Pat are the way I find new things now. Our tastes are incredibly similar.

It's almost the same for me, i'd probably never knew these games existed unless SBF play or talk about it.
Hi guys, by any chance does anyone knows what series is this?

Sorry for the off-topic

From a quick search, it should be Yondemasu Yo, Azazel-san. I don't know what episode it's from.. so you're out of luck if you wanted to know that.

Squishy3

Eden of the East is really good. It also has a super strong first episode and never really manages to keep that high, but it's still worth watching.

It only works with 3ds, 3dsxl and I think 2ds before you rile Pat up fyi,

Nu3ds/XL must have an updated version of the webkit browser which is what the exploit is based on.
This makes me want to keep my current 3DS for imports. Though I actually am unaware of what 3DS games we're missing out on in NA

tsundoku

This makes me want to keep my current 3DS for imports. Though I actually am unaware of what 3DS games we're missing out on in NA

That's basically the damage. All we miss out on is occasionally getting a game a month later then Japan. You could use it for monhan4u right now I guess. Since that's been out in Japan since October. Kinda text heavy though.

e: Also apparently super robot wars. Again, if you can read the Japanese for those two you probably already imported a Japanese 3ds.

That's basically the damage. All we miss out on is occasionally getting a game a month later then Japan. You could use it for monhan4u right now I guess. Since that's been out in Japan since October. Kinda text heavy though.
If it's just getting things sooner I don't think this benefits me too much then. Good news for the Eurobros though. TAKE THAT ATLUS

tsundoku

If it's just getting things sooner I don't think this benefits me too much then. Good news for the Eurobros though. TAKE THAT ATLUS

Yeah this is basically a really good thing for Aus and EU where games are just like "We'll take a few months to take the word spastic out of the script, thank you for understanding"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom