• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! I haven't actually used my lvl 90 boost since I don't really find leveling alts fun. I just hang out in my garrison on my death knight after I've done everything I need to do in the morning. Althought I can say that the majority of people I know, if now all, love leveling alts and will even get on other servers that are connected to ours and create more toons to get around the 11 character restriction on each server. I can safely say that I'm more geared for raids than most if not all of my guild, so I have that going for me whenever I decide to actually do more than just LFRs. You can just gear up by doing garrison missions. You don't even need to do heroic dungeons to gear up anymore if you don't want to. Unless you're not lazy like me and want to do the legendary questline stuff, then you HAVE to do specific heroics for stuff.

Anyways here have Korra dancing to K Pop
2225816c57.gif
I fucking hated leveling alts back when I played, just had my pally, a warlock, and my shaman with some bank characters.

Its safe over here friender. No need to hear about.....actually none of these threads sound too bad. Except for people in that GOTY thread voting for Bayo 2 as the worst GOTY.

It's doesn't say worse, it said least favorite.

I agree that Bayo 2 shouldn't be GOTY, not in the same year where Alien:Isolation came out.

Jman014

I fucking hated leveling alts back when I played, just had my pally, a warlock, and my shaman with some bank characters.
Dude they improved bank space in WoW. There's a new system that takes all the toys you have and stores it so you don't need to have it in your bank anymore. And there's a reagents tab in the bank so you can store all your crafting stuff in it too. This just Warlords improvements, idk when you last played WoW so they added more store beforehand too.
Hate leveling alts in MMO's? Play FF14!

#shill

Only World of Warcraft for me!

My point exactly

Personally I think the only game I don't like up there is ME2. The rest I've either never played or really liked so I don't want to disagree with the rest because I can see how they're GOTY.

I'm actually surprised more people didn't say Portal 2. Didn't realize the general opinion of that game is that its GOTY. I always just assumed that everyone else thought that it was worse than the prequel.

Well not any more...

I wanted to go do the Galaga route...

Kos Mos route pls Namco ;_;

It's doesn't say worse, it said least favorite.

I agree that Bayo 2 shouldn't be GOTY, not in the same year where Alien:Isolation came out.

But you forget that this is NeoGAF where it means exactly the same thing.

Jman014

I know it's hard for long time players to switch to another game, let alone quit. The time investment is just too huge.

Like the combat for WoW isn't that fun. When I played SWTOR and GW2 I enjoyed the combat more in those two than I did in WoW, even though they're almost the same exact thingl, especially SWTOR. GW2 let me switch inbetween melee and ranged weapons, which was nice.

Dude they improved bank space in WoW. There's a new system that takes all the toys you have and stores it so you don't need to have it in your bank anymore. And there's a reagents tab in the bank so you can store all your crafting stuff in it too. This just Warlords improvements, idk when you last played WoW so they added more store beforehand too.

Only World of Warcraft for me!
I played back in late Wrath and Cata.

I work, others work and other works and go to school. Find time!

It's just too outdated. I used to go back for every expansion but after trying to go back for WoD I just can't do it.
Is FF14 good? Between school, friends,anime, and gaming I really don't have time for much. If it's good I might try it.

Like the combat for WoW isn't that fun. When I played SWTOR and GW2 I enjoyed the combat more in those two than I did in WoW, even though they're almost the same exact thingl, especially SWTOR. GW2 let me switch inbetween melee and ranged weapons, which was nice.

The thing I dislike about WoW's combat is that when you do anything outside of solo content you just feel like a statistic instead of an asset.

Jman014

The thing I dislike about WoW's combat is that when you do anything outside of solo content you just feel like a statistic instead of an asset.

Yup! I really wish WoW's weapon systems were as flexible as GW2. Being able to switch to a ranged weapon as a death knight would be interesting to me. Tell me about FF14's combat system and I'll read it once I get back from the store.

Xiraiya

Is FF14 good? Between school, friends,anime, and gaming I really don't have time for much. If it's good I might try it.

It's better than you expect a Spinoff MMO based on FF to be, they've been treating that game so well, I wish I could play it, but Payment methods were a real pain and at this point I don't have the time for an MMO.

Unfortunately, she's not a Sega character, thus it's impossible...

Also, Luka is better.

Well I'm sure Sega has some more original vocaloid characters sitting around somewhere. Unless you just wanna fill that game up with Sonic characters. Cream the Rabbit and Rouge and Blaze and whoever else they put in that universe.

Nah man, it's all about Sarah Bryant.

She's no pushover, sweetie.

She looks like a Tekken character, don't cheat man that's Namco.

Yup! I really wish WoW's weapon systems were as flexible as GW2. Being able to switch to a ranged weapon as a death knight would be interesting to me. Tell me about FF14's combat system and I'll read it once I get back from the store.

Honestly the combat system is just a slower version of WoW's but the way it's presented and the way the fights are handled are just much more interactive than WoW's. One character can play and switch to any Job at will so you can be playing a Paladin one second and a Black Mage the next.

It's better than you expect a Spinoff MMO based on FF to be, they've been treating that game so well, I wish I could play it, but Payment methods were a real pain and at this point I don't have the time for an MMO.

Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing next month!

I might give it a shot, commit most of my gaming time to it, and fighters then.

croten

Technically it's not a spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom