• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing with randoms on Mon Hun all night. Last round for Gore, I think we got really close, but for some reason player 3 went from full health to zero completely randomly on our last life, so we lost. What the heckarooni

Shackzam

Been playing with randoms on Mon Hun all night. Last round, I think we got really close, but for some reason player 3 went from full health to zero completely randomly on our last life, so we lost. What the heckarooni

I've been able to consistently beat Gore now. You can basically destroy him until he goes into his horn form and if you are paired with people that know their job as their class. He should be pretty easy to deal with.
the delicious kind.
I can deal with that. I'll try to make some later.

Nordicus

Another thing is how godly the bombs can be. If a bowgunner puts the monster to sleep or if you catch it sleeping place bombs. Sleeping monsters take triple damage I belive from the first hit that wakes them.
In MHFU, the only way I was able to beat double high-rank Kirin hunt solo was to go with a sleepbombing strategy and appropriate gear

Skrams

I just need more people to gush over the cool shit. People only talking about Part 3 stands smh

JoJo mini spoilers for Parts 4 to 6 -
Josuke is all THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY HAIR? Then Jotaro is all I'm a seaman now. I find it hilarious that Jotaro has been almost royally fucked by like 2 enemies. Dio and a rat. I'm still in the middle of reading Part 6. Hermes put Sports Max or whoever in the vents. Also Beach Boy is the dumbest stand and the greatest.

So what is the spoiler-free consensus on Jojo Part 5

I had the protagonist's identity spoiled

I don't think that's really a big deal? At least I don't find it a big deal. You would of learned about it in the very first chapter and then who cares.

Also the translation for Part 5 is horrible right now. There's a few chapters that are done by JoJo Project or something, but I think they disappeared? The rest is just kind of english, but not really. It's not Duwang bad, but I assume everyone ranks Part 5 so low because the translation probably makes it worse. I find characters to lack a lot of personality and I kind of just assume it's the translations fault. Part 5 is actually one of the major things I want to see in anime form to see if I like it more once it's animated and has good english.

Will you guys be buying the next Jojo game?

I didn't buy the last one, but I might buy this one since I have more money to throw at dumb shit now. Also Speedwagon and Stroheim.

Man, 25 days to Monster Hunter.

I've never known anyone to have a countdown until the day they start just shoveling crack into their mouth.

Skrams

This might of been posted already, but whatever. It's hilarious to me only since as soon as whoever talked about drawing birds to show scale my mind immediately went to indonesianbob drawing Woolie with birds flying around.

Then it happened, but it was even better.

tumblr_inline_nicpqz9HMz1rxz5up.png

So what is the spoiler-free consensus on Jojo Part 5

I had the protagonist's identity spoiled
I dont want you to expect anything but

the general concensus is that its the worst part of jojo

Also spoilers for part 4
jotoro became a marine biologist after punching that shark which put him down his career path.

READ PART 4 AND THE OTHER ONES SO YOU CAN SEE COOL ONES

Do you want to use your brain or actively throw it in the garbage?
I plan to read the other parts after stardust crusaders finishes. Don't parts 4 and 5 rely on part 3 and would spoil things?
Jojo Stardust Crusaders Episode 7

Learned the origin of
Angrycanadian
's avatar

Also the fucking freighter was a stand
You love it

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I get to work and it turns out that my boss forgot she wasn't working so she said, "It's fine, I'll take it. You can just close up today."

So I now work at 4 and it's 6AM. Time to do fuckin' WORK.

Jman014

I know that Pat hates Face/Off but there's also a Syfy show called Face Off where people compete and do prosthetic makeup from like science fiction and fantasy stuff. I wonder if he could hate that show equally as Face/Off.

croten

I know that Pat hates Face/Off but there's also a Syfy show called Face Off where people compete and do prosthetic makeup from like science fiction and fantasy stuff. I wonder if he could hate that show equally as Face/Off.

Pat is wrong. Face/off is the movie of a generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom