• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 5 anime tease looks sexy as fuck tho
The post credits scene could be of a car trapped in the snow and then it gets a close up on Josuke in his blanket in the back.

For that matter
tumblr_ni08dtCfGY1rn8um6o1_500.jpg
tumblr_ni08dtCfGY1rn8um6o3_500.jpg
tumblr_ni08dtCfGY1rn8um6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_ni08d1TTPn1r5cl0c.png

http://kykiske.tumblr.com/post/107774652040/kentaro-tokiwa-on-twitter-this-goes-for-part

Zenfalcia

They seriously just made shit up, at least giving them some personality will help, though it doesn't fix everything, it just might stop being easily dead last.

Woof.. that translation is so different from the other.

Edit: it's more specific, but i can't see how it can improve the story by a lot.

Better dialog? A bad translation can have a significant impact, although I doubt a better translation would help Part 5 much.

Yeah, but it's not like part 5's translation was terrible. This isn't duwang we're talking about.

They seriously just made shit up, at least giving them some personality will help, though it doesn't fix everything, it just might stop being easily dead last.

Except it won't because Part 5 is shit.

Skrams

Everyone keeps saying this and I just don't believe it. How is a better translation going to make the characters less boring?

I have to imagine having less flat/wrong dialogue will make that shit way better. Someone post that image where they just flat out lie in the dialogue and make up sentences. Something about instead of a Sistine Chapel painting the guy needs more buddhist monk paintings.

Edit- And goodwil with the image as I was typing this.

Well. It explains
the stand arrow but

That was set up in Part 4. All they did was add more to it in Part 5.

Making shit up is pretty terrible, you don't have to compare it to duwang.

I don't have to, but I am. Duwang is terrible.

I have to imagine having less flat/wrong dialogue will make that shit way better. Someone post that image where they just flat out lie in the dialogue and make up sentences. Something about instead of a Sistine Chapel painting the guy needs more buddhist monk paintings.

Alright, it might make it slightly better. It's still going to be terrible.

It's by the DUWANG guys tho

So? It's still better than Duwang.

This is a relatively minor complaint about Bayonetta 2
but I wish Rosa's demon had a full body model for the places where you'd see Madame Butterfly/Styx's full body

croten

I don't have to, but I am. Duwang is terrible.

Alright, it might make it slightly better. It's still going to be terrible.

So? It's still better than Duwang.

Duwang is terrible but it doesn't make part 5's translation not horrible. it's like comparing someone breaking their foot with losing it. I will remain cautious about part 5.

Wow, they really improved a lot after translating Part 4 if it's really the same guys. I don't know if that's a good thing or not though. I think I could accept Part 5 more if it had a shittier font and ABAJABAJABAJ.
Some Duwang charm would actually probably help Part 5, yeah

Xiraiya

Again, you'd be surprised.
If he is being truthful about barely being able to run HL2 on LOW, he is not going to run FF14 in any playable state, that is just fucking ridiculous.
The source engine after it was updated was optimized extremely well for it's time.

He could probably play WoW or something close to that, but not FF14.

So going back and playing persona 1. That shit is nowhere near as broken as pat made it out to be. Yeah, it really shows it's age at points but so far I really like it.

How? I need to know where the information about this is because that just doesn't add up.
Minimum specs
http://www.ffxivinfo.com/systemreqs.php said:
FXIV: ARR Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® Vista 32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo
Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4770
Memory: 2GB (4GB recommended for 64bit OS)
Disk Space: 20GB.
Link to WoW's minimum specs. They're pretty much on par.

Xiraiya

So going back and playing persona 1. That shit is nowhere near as broken as pat made it out to be. Yeah, it really shows it's age at points but so far I really like it.
You know how the best friends are, they get carried away quickly when they find a negative in a game.

It's quite interesting how quickly a hang up can snowball from "There are some rough parts" to "THAT IS THE MOST JANK BROKEN PIECE OF GARBAGE I HAVE EVER SEEN OH MY GOD I CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE IT *high pitched ending*"

Xiraiya

Minimum specs
Link to WoW's minimum specs. They're pretty much on par.
Did WoW get an upgrade at some point to demand those specs?, oh yeah I see it now.

My original point was, barely being able to run HL2 on Low is still a far cry from running FF14 in any playable manner.

Minimum System Configuration
1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card (64 MB or higher)
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

Well jeez. My laptop at least hits the minimum requirements for FFXIV. The CPU and graphics card aren't good enough for recommended. Now when Pat starts pushing that FFXIV crack, I might have to take it up from him
Pat's the only dealer I trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom