• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, y'all are gonna have to explain what's up with Part 5 and Duwang. Cause I don't know shit.

This is duwang

what_a_beautiful_duwang.jpg

Xiraiya

Well jeez. My laptop at least hits the minimum requirements for FFXIV. The CPU and graphics card aren't good enough for recommended. Now when Pat starts pushing that FFXIV crack, I might have to take it up from him
Pat's the only dealer I trust

Here is what you need to know, do you enjoy Final Fantasy? Do you enjoy the modern MMO format?

If yes to both, you'll enjoy FF14 a lot, they treat that game so well as a part of the FF series and there is a lot of love being put into it's development and updating.
As someone who kind of resents the whole skill bar system of MMOs and played a bunch of games like that anyway, it was a pleasure to play and ever since the beta ended I have wanted to keep playing.

Skrams

Ok, y'all are gonna have to explain what's up with Part 5 and Duwang. Cause I don't know shit.

Well, I don't know if the sub group is called Duwang, but they're the people who translated Part 4 and I guess Part 5 as I'm now learning. They might just be called Duwang since the town of Morioh in Part 4 was called Duwang in their translation.

It's not a good translation. I think it was also the only translation really available for a while. The better translation only finished up recently which is why Pat finally read it. Part 5 is translated by them too which is why it's probably near the bottom on most peoples JoJo tier lists.

I think the people who translated it were students who translated the chinese version of JoJo for a project or something? Some weird dumb story, but whatever. It ended up with us having a hilarious JoJo part 4 translation because of engrish and pages that would honestly look like this.

Also Part 5 is more bizarre and less gags, so Josuke punching a plate of spaghetti can get you a laugh in a bad part 4 translation. In a part 5 translation where it's seemingly a lot more serious and less physical gags? It's a little bit less funny and just more boring.

The story is that a guy had scans of the JoJo manga but couldn't get a translator, but then he found a foreigner who did everything by himself and cranked out work like crazy. He translated from the Chinese translation.
Did WoW get an upgrade at some point to demand those specs?, oh yeah I see it now.

My original point was, barely being able to run HL2 on Low is still a far cry from running FF14 in any playable manner.
Yeah, I don't think he'd be running FF at 30.
This is duwang
SHOW YOUR BITCH ASS

I started part 4 just recently. Hopefully part 5 gets a good translation soon. I don't want to experience duwang.
Part 5 is a lot better than Duwang, but it's bad enough that it hurts the story.

Luckily Parts 6 and 7 don't rely on 5 at all, so like Croten said, feel free to skip it. You're not missing much.

Duwang is also actually hilarious, and a fun way to reread Part 4

Skrams

Woo! Just saw new prison school!

Welp. Just read it since I didn't know Chapter 151 was out. That last page is a good page to show people if I need to convince them to read Prison School.

Also

Hana best girl and oh god the peeing I forgot and PBR NO OH GOD WHY

Edit- And a new chapter of Boku no Hero Academia. Pretty sweet.

Sort of Boku no Hero Academia spoilers-
OH SHIT JOSUKE'S IN THE BACKGROUND OF THIS CHAPTER

You know what, I can't agree with Pat and Woolie when it comes to a certain character in SMTIV.
Because I fucking hate Walter too. He has consistently managed to be a childish, short-sighted scumbag for the past few hours.
Guess what? You're absolutely goddamn right.
Walter was one of the must insufferable characters in any game I've played in recent memory.

Here is what you need to know, do you enjoy Final Fantasy? Do you enjoy the modern MMO format?

If yes to both, you'll enjoy FF14 a lot, they treat that game so well as a part of the FF series and there is a lot of love being put into it's development and updating.
As someone who kind of resents the whole skill bar system of MMOs and played a bunch of games like that anyway, it was a pleasure to play and ever since the beta ended I have wanted to keep playing.
I'm actually way more interested now my favourite FF class, the Dragoon has been added. Maybe when I have a lot of time to kill I might pick it up. Plus I enjoyed what I did play of the beta.

People talking shit about SMTIV
WOAH WOAH WOAH WALTER IS THE BEST THING ABOUT SMTIV AND THAT IS MAINLY BECAUSE THERE ISN'T MUCH TO LIKE

tsundoku

I'm actually way more interested now my favourite FF class, the Dragoon has been added. Maybe when I have a lot of time to kill I might pick it up. Plus I enjoyed what I did play of the beta.

People talking shit about SMTIV
WOAH WOAH WOAH WALTER IS THE BEST THING ABOUT SMTIV AND THAT IS MAINLY BECAUSE THERE ISN'T MUCH TO LIKE

Dragoon has been in ff14 since the beta. Did Pat actually play 14, or was that just a joke?

Oh man oh geez FFXIV banner ads on GAF

Oh no it's in my cart oh man
You know what, I can't agree with Pat and Woolie when it comes to a certain character in SMTIV.
Because I fucking hate Walter too. He has consistently managed to be a simpleminded, short-sighted scumbag for the past few hours.
Matthew Mercer doing the VA is probably part of the appeal. I'd discuss it more, but spoilers for where you are.

croten

Yeah don't quit your day job, dealing isn't for you.

Zenfalcia

Welp. Just read it since I didn't know Chapter 151 was out. That last page is a good page to show people if I need to convince them to read Prison School.

Also

Hana best girl and oh god the peeing I forgot and PBR NO OH GOD WHY

Edit- And a new chapter of Boku no Hero Academia. Pretty sweet.

Sort of Boku no Hero Academia spoilers-
OH SHIT JOSUKE'S IN THE BACKGROUND OF THIS CHAPTER

How did you forget about
the bottle and pee? It was quite a memorable moment, since that was a really passionate kiss.

There are tons of good pages to show. Like sick power sliding, or people getting punished.

Dragoon has been in ff14 since the beta. Did Pat actually play 14, or was that just a joke?

A joke. And really? I swear it was the new class added in Heavenfall.

Edit: OH SHIT IT WAS THE DARK KNIGHT, WHICH IS FUCKING AWESOME. NOW I REMEMBER (plus the new race looks hawt)

Spagooter

Neo Member
Dark Knight, Astrologist and Gunner are the new jobs.

Chocobo racing and triple triad are coming soon! There will be no escape once they hit.

Skrams

How did you forget about
the bottle and pee? It was quite a memorable moment, since that was a really passionate kiss.

There are tons of good pages to show. Like sick power sliding, or people getting punished.

I didn't put it together until the line right before it. It just completely slipped my mind that
his piss and her might be connected. I was just thinking the peeing thing just flustered her to crushing the bottle at first, but then it kicked in 2 seconds later. Kiyoshi can go and piss himself in front of 3 girls, but not Hana? Step it up, Kiyoshi.

Also yeah there are a lot of good pages to show. I just like looking for more to add to the ever growing list. I usually try to look for ones that aren't exactly spoilery and have zero context.

Zenfalcia

I didn't put it together until the line right before it. It just completely slipped my mind that
his piss and her might be connected. I was just thinking the peeing thing just flustered her to crushing the bottle at first, but then it kicked in 2 seconds later. Kiyoshi can go and piss himself in front of 3 girls, but not Hana? Step it up, Kiyoshi.

Also yeah there are a lot of good pages to show. I just like looking for more to add to the ever growing list. I usually try to look for ones that aren't exactly spoilery and have zero context.

That's only because the situation called for it! He can't do it for no reason!
also, he didn't actually piss himself if you remember correctly. He fakes it by spilling tea on himself.

The zero context ones are the best.

Xiraiya

Yeah don't quit your day job, dealing isn't for you.
You know, you have insisted multiple times I take you guys too seriously yet you are the snarkiest, saltiest person in this thread that I have seen take more things seriously than anyone else.

It's interesting.

Man all this FF14 talk is making me want to get the game. I really enjoyed the beta and it is on sale right now. I need to stay strong for there are other games coming that I need the money for.

croten

You know, you have insisted multiple times I take you guys too seriously yet you are the snarkiest, saltiest person in this thread that I have seen take more things seriously than anyone else.

It's interesting.

Alright? I was just making a joke about you not shilling it very well

Xiraiya

Man all this FF14 talk is making me want to get the game. I really enjoyed the beta and it is on sale right now. I need to stay strong for there are other games coming that I need the money for.

It has goddamn Triple Triad, that should convince almost anyone at that point, they know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom