• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a decent idea, though I hope just using R on every stupid random battle won't deplete my MP before I actually get to my destination. I'll look into that app, thanks.

Hmm, I see. Maybe I'll stop doing them then if that'll help bring the difficulty back to its normal state.
Auto pinpoint maps to L, so you get to choose between it and auto battle. Using R uses the actual basic physical attack, by the way, despite if you have a magic MC.

Also the game is still easier and easier with time, just that fighting some high level random encounters adds some variety. If you get one of the endgame paths, you'll actually have to do sidequests.

I don't think I've ever used a flee option in an SMT game.

That sounds like a decent idea, though I hope just using R on every stupid random battle won't deplete my MP before I actually get to my destination. I'll look into that app, thanks.

Auto Battle doesn't use MP. It speeds up the battle and makes your team only use the regular attack. I'll throw in an other option which is giving Flynn the trafuri spell which allows you to escape battles.

I've only hunted Deer, and I went duck hunting twice, I've gotten two deer (both delicious) and about 10 ducks? idk I got alot the two times I went (equally delicious).

Hunting is pretty simple in Ohio if it's bow season, you go get your licence get a bow and go hunting.
If you actually kill something you need a tag though and to call it in.

Hunting is becoming a rich man's hobby in the Northeast.

Tako

I REALLY want to go hunting and learn those skills, but in NYC you need a ton of licenses and gear and it ends up being super expensive to even consider it.

I fucking love hearing Matt talk about Gully-Gully's.

Is it still hunting if the hunter has the sky advantage?
Of course, its just to drive them out of the brush and get a clean shot without anyone getting injured

I've only hunted Deer, and I went duck hunting twice, I've gotten two deer (both delicious) and about 10 ducks? idk I got alot the two times I went (equally delicious).

Hunting is pretty simple in Ohio if it's bow season, you go get your licence get a bow and go hunting.
If you actually kill something you need a tag though and to call it in.

I want to hunt deer and bob cats.

Move to the Midwest man, it's cheap out here as long as you don't hunt with a gun..then it can get pricey..I don't care for it though. Bow is more efficient and if I miss I don't have to come in for the day.

Of course, its just to drive them out of the brush and get a clean shot without anyone getting injured

I want to hunt deer and bob cats.
Eh bobcats are too cool to hunt, plus I think they're still endangered here although they're coming back quickly.

joe2187

Banned
I think I woke up in Silent Hill today.

x5H5W8J.jpg

Scally said:
Imagine you’re sitting in a park, maybe feeding birds or watching dogs fuck or whatever. You see a man in a business suit and bowler hat sit down in the grass, take off his shoes, and stuff his feet into his mouth. As he devours himself up to the legs, you can hear his bones breaking and the skin of his back stretching and tearing open. Eventually he eats his entire body and disappears into thin air. That night at home, you sit in the dark at the kitchen table with one hand wrapped around the neck of a whiskey bottle and the other propping your head up with a lit cigarette smoldering between your fingers. You don’t blink for a long time. Your wife tells you to come to bed, but you can’t hear her. Your mind just races: “What the fuck just happened? Why did it happen? Why did I let it happen? Did it happen? Was it real, or was it all just a dream?”

That’s about how I felt after finishing Metal Gear Solid 2.

If you haven't been reading Scally's recaps, you're dead to me

Where'd you get the Silent Hills screenshot? Post this in gaming side!
My MC will be doing some pretty pitiful damage then, considering his str and dex are still in the single digits =P. I see, I think I'm closing in on the alignment lock, wherever that may be. I have to say that the game has started to intrigue me again.
Equipment matters, grab him a good single hit weapon and he'll do ok damage.

Watch out for pyramids.

My MC will be doing some pretty pitiful damage then, considering his str and dex are still in the single digits =P. I see, I think I'm closing in on the alignment lock, wherever that may be. I have to say that the game has started to intrigue me again.

That's why you give Flynn that sword with % chance to instakill.

croten

Ah all right, I confused Auto battle with auto-pinpoint, thinking the latter is just a passive skill that gets added to auto-battle. Thank you.

I don't know what the reason may be that regular enemies aren't really doing it for me. I don't seem to be overleveled or anything either, as all bosses I've encountered are at quite a higher level than me. I just don't let enemies get the first turn if possible and I always have a team that can thoroughly exploit any enemy weakness in the opposing team.

Sure but if an enemy does get the first turn and they happen to have a move that exploits one of your weaknesses it can destroy you easily.

croten

They have and got a pitiful extra turn, after which I destroy the entire enemy team. They have to kill my entire team to beat me, that's never gonna happen by the looks of it.

I know, I've given him the best weapon I could find. I just meant relative to having a concentrate+weakness spell magic nuke.

I've been brought down to one demon in a single turn before, and if they get a smirk then there is barely anything I can do.

Do you have multiple demons with the same weakness or something? I've built up demons with a lot of passive resistances/nullifications to most spells, on top of their natural resistances, and I avoid fusing demons whose weaknesses I cannot remove. Most enemy attacks barely do any damage and others only deal neutral damage. I think my MC is the only one with an elemental weakness actually.

You can get fucked by an elemental weakness + crit + hama/mudo and lose 3 party members in a single turn by a group of 3 enemies

croten

Do you have multiple demons with the same weakness or something? I've built up demons with a lot of passive resistances/nullifications to most spells, on top of their natural resistances, and I avoid fusing demons whose weaknesses I cannot remove. Most enemy attacks barely do any damage and others only deal neutral damage. I think my MC is the only one with an elemental weakness actually.

Well I'm not that far into the game so I don't have access to a lot of demons but running into a new demon that I don't know the weaknesses or strengths to has killed me before.

Move to the Midwest man, it's cheap out here as long as you don't hunt with a gun..then it can get pricey..I don't care for it though. Bow is more efficient and if I miss I don't have to come in for the day.

Eh bobcats are too cool to hunt, plus I think they're still endangered here although they're coming back quickly.

But then I'd be a Latino in the Midwest surrounded by crazy Fundamentalists and guns :/

Don't think I haven't considered moving out to the great frontier either.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah but.... how much grinding does SMT4 make you do? Cause... I can't do that again.
SJ makes you do so much grinding.... so much grinding, especially in the latter half
that's how they get you

I'll need a couple years more recovery time before I play a jrpg with required grinding again, I'm sorry to say.

I have such a massive backlog of RPG's I feel like I'll get burned out pretty fast. I pick one and I finish it over like 3 months.

If a new RPG comes out I play it immediately.

I know, I've given him the best weapon I could find. I just meant relative to having a concentrate+weakness spell magic nuke.
Of course, that's why it's great for crushing low level random encounters immediately.
Sorry for the constant whining though, guys. It's just that my grinding experience with P4G lowered my tolerance for wasting time by "grinding".
Don't worry about it, I'm just trying to help you enjoy it more.

croten

Yeah ok, that does sound like a possible outcome, but I've thankfully not yet had that happen to me before.Yeah, I can understand. I generally focus on enemies whose weaknesses I know first (and as a result, don't lose any turns) and start experimenting on those I don't afterwards. Even if I don't find them, they generally die before they get a turn anyway.Holy fuck

This only happens if they get the first turn. All they have to do is use a Ma- attack and get lucky, smirk, buff themselves and do it again but crit this time.

Also that isn't a movie, it's a 26 episode series and it always looks that great.

But then I'd be a Latino in the Midwest surrounded by crazy Fundamentalists and guns :/

Haha, I'm far from a Fundamentalist. It's true there are a shit load of people out here like that, but we're not all that bad. It's a big change though from the East Coast, a lot quieter too.

Archgan

I don't know, hunting is pretty popular with the "rednecks" down here in South Jersey and I don't think it's that hard to get a license because I knew middle schoolers who had them.

Edit: You do have to wait for things to be in season, though.

croten

Yeah, but like I said, after a while only your MC starts getting in danger. Once you've built up decent resistances for your demons, even the buffed attacks won't do too much. And their Ma- attacks only have to miss or get nullfied once for their turn to get fucked. Most of my main demons nullify one element each.

You see I can't do that yet, so most of the time its fuck or get fucked. Which is what I love about this game, it's either decisive victory or decisive loss.

Haha, I'm far from a Fundamentalist. It's true there are a shit load of people out here like that, but we're not all that bad. It's a big change though from the East Coast, a lot quieter too.

I don't mind the quiet. We don't get much quiet in the evenings.

I don't know, hunting is pretty popular with the "rednecks" down here in South Jersey and I don't think it's that hard to get a license because I knew middle schoolers who had them.

Edit: You do have to wait for things to be in season, though.

In NYC, you have to apply for a hunters license, firearms license, and a rifle license. You also have to buy equipment, which is priced higher because of supply and demand.

I believe it's easier to do so in some parts of the northeast, but for others it's not as simple.

Just found out class is cancelled tomorrow, fuck yeah.

Congratulations, mine may be depending on how the wind changes soon. Which would actually be really bad since I need to get my books <.<

I don't mind the quiet. We don't get much quiet in the evenings.

In NYC, you have to apply for a hunters license, firearms license, and a rifle license. You also have to buy equipment, which is priced higher because of supply and demand.

I believe it's easier to do so in some parts of the northeast, but for others it's not as simple.
I mean, I'm a Pagan, I've had people call me a Satanist and some attempt to throw holy water on me (No I'm not kidding) I just don't let it bother me, if I had my choice to live somewhere though it would either be down South or in the Pacific Northwest.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Minnesota is a blue state, we have NONE of that up here (aside from guns, but people generally go to northern Wisconsin to hunt) and people who are fundamentalists are made fun of.

Minnesota is baller, yo.

Just found out class is cancelled tomorrow, fuck yeah.
I'm really liking having two online classes since I don't even have to go anywhere to do work, but you made me sad realizing I'll never get a day off. Am cry.
I mean, I'm a Pagan, I've had people call me a Satanist and some attempt to throw holy water on me (No I'm not kidding) I just don't let it bother me, if I had my choice to live somewhere though it would either be down South or in the Pacific Northwest.
Woah, geez. Nobody acts on anything like that here even if they dislike pagans, the only hostile stuff is when passionate topics come up in conversations.
It slows down mobile gaf too much
Turn off GIFs and Images in preferences if you haven't.

The best news.

...Humanity...
I know right? I need to give more of it to The Fair Lady

I'm really liking having two online classes since I don't even have to go anywhere to do work, but you made me sad realizing I'll never get a day off. Am cry.

Woah, geez. Nobody acts on anything like that here even if they dislike pagans, the only hostile stuff is when passionate topics come up in conversations.
Turn off GIFs and Images in preferences if you haven't.
Yeah..people here don't take very kindly to people who don't believe in The Jesus

The irony in the picture is fucking hilarious.

Minnesota is a blue state, we have NONE of that up here (aside from guns, but people generally go to northern Wisconsin to hunt) and people who are fundamentalists are made fun of.

Minnesota is baller, yo.

It's still below zero in winter in Minnesota ain't it?
I'd be right at home since Minnesota is filled with Roman Catholics.

wut?

It's still below zero in winter in Minnesota ain't it?
I'd be right at home since Minnesota is filled with Roman Catholics.

wut?

I guess I have a avatar for tomorrow now.

Better start duping.

I just could not imagine said situation. The fact you manage to stay calm is commendable.

Oh god...yeah, I know that all too well.
Eh the holy water incident was done by family because I happened to wear my pentagram necklace to a gathering, my family being the geniuses that they are seen the pentagram and instantly though "IT'S DA DEVIL" and flipped their shit, if they knew any better it's the inverted pentagram that's bad..not the normal one. Either way..didn't wanna start World War 3 within my family so I took it with a grain of salt and left it at that.

Eh the holy water incident was done by family because I happened to wear my pentagram necklace to a gathering, my family being the geniuses that they are seen the pentagram and instantly though "IT'S DA DEVIL" and flipped their shit, if they knew any better it's the inverted pentagram that's bad..not the normal one. Either way..didn't wanna start World War 3 within my family so I took it with a grain of salt and left it at that.

At least it's your family and not strangers, I somehow thought that was what you meant. Anyway yeah, sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom