• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako

Eh the holy water incident was done by family because I happened to wear my pentagram necklace to a gathering, my family being the geniuses that they are seen the pentagram and instantly though "IT'S DA DEVIL" and flipped their shit, if they knew any better it's the inverted pentagram that's bad..not the normal one. Either way..didn't wanna start World War 3 within my family so I took it with a grain of salt and left it at that.

Pfft my family flipped when I showed them this design <-----(my avatar) I wanted it on my left arm. Shit is gonna look mega rad tho

Gunpla gets the women moist

Invisible Enemy mode in RE:Remake HD...

no....fuck you

GIT GUD NERD!

Eh the holy water incident was done by family because I happened to wear my pentagram necklace to a gathering, my family being the geniuses that they are seen the pentagram and instantly though "IT'S DA DEVIL" and flipped their shit, if they knew any better it's the inverted pentagram that's bad..not the normal one. Either way..didn't wanna start World War 3 within my family so I took it with a grain of salt and left it at that.

Do they know that Mormons and Freemasons use the pentagram? It's also known in mathematics as the Golden Ratio.

So they can't tell the difference between a pentagram and a pentacle?

Oh god, that's terrible holy shit. I don't even know what to say. Sorry you have to deal with that.
Eh it's fine, I've dealt with shit like that my whole life lol. If they wanna be ignant let em be ignant.

Pfft my family flipped when I showed them this design <-----(my avatar) I wanted it on my left arm. Shit is gonna look mega rad tho

Gunpla gets the women moist

That design is gonna be rad as fuck tho. I still need money to save to get what I want.

Even if you were a Satanist, that still doesn't excuse their actions.

To be honest, most people who claim to be Christians are using Christianity to excuse bigotry.

The pentagram isn't a bad symbol in Christianity unless inverted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

The pentagram was used in ancient times as a Christian symbol for the five senses,[10] or of the five wounds of Christ.

But the average layperson doesn't know much about the history of the church.

Also,

Do they know that Mormons and Freemasons use the pentagram? It's also known in mathematics as the Golden Ratio.

GIT GUD NERD!

I'm only the 4th person in my family to graduate high school..so no <.< Only the 2nd to go to college.

Extended family is always terrible. My uncle went off about ferguson for no reason during christmas.
Oh boy that's always a fun time. This is why I avoid family lol.

Oh let me guess, spider girl, bdsm and a clown wig right?
No actually, I wanna get a pentagram in the middle of my chest, on the left side of my chest and going around my shoulder be fire and scorched earth, and a mirror on the right side being greenery and have them meet in the back and on my lower back have "Death is the only true Rebirth"
Welp that's the stigma here in the Midwest..if it's a pentagram..it's probably evil shit..unless it's got a jesus fish on it..then it's fine.

Squishy3

my mom just spits out casual racism against muslims

my sister spouted some nonsense about the sony pictures hack being an inside job by anonymous

Xiraiya

I mean, I'm a Pagan, I've had people call me a Satanist and some attempt to throw holy water on me (No I'm not kidding) I just don't let it bother me, if I had my choice to live somewhere though it would either be down South or in the Pacific Northwest.

When that happens, look them dead in the eyes and walk slowly towards them as though the water doesn't exist.

Also, maybe you should just move to a country where religion isn't literally tied to every aspect of life, such as Australia.

America is crazy, learning about a lot of things from Beloved, I don't even know how that country functions day to day.

It's okay most of my family think Islam is an evil religion and that Jihad is a person.

DO they know wikipedia is a thing? I could disprove these stupid, stupid thoughts.

Yup, he blamed obama for ebola being in america. Also chem trails.

73369-I-dont-believe-you-gif-HD-Imgu-qUVu.gif

No one is that stupid.

Oberon

Banned
I can only say that my parents aren't too responsable. And when I tell my mom that she's a horrible mother, she answeres "I am at least better than your father". She's right, but that's not saying much.

Jman014

When that happens, look them dead in the eyes and walk slowly towards them as though the water doesn't exist.

Also, maybe you should just move to a country where religion isn't literally tied to every aspect of life, such as Australia.

America is crazy, learning about a lot of things from Beloved, I don't even know how that country functions day to day.

It's not great.

Yo how you doin' today, Xiraiya?

America is cray..they need to get with the times.

DO they know wikipedia is a thing? I could disprove these stupid, stupid thoughts.

73369-I-dont-believe-you-gif-HD-Imgu-qUVu.gif

No one is that stupid.
Most of my family can barely boot up a computer..let alone navigate Wikipedia. I had to train my parents like dogs to be able to use watch tv and movies and shit

Xiraiya

New York.

You should at least be aware that it's not an exaggeration that probably a majority of your country is very much known for believing things as ridiculous as that by default, sometimes it's not as bad as that, other times it's worse.
But in New York I can understand how that would be completely different.

America has some great things, but they definitely don't outweigh the bad.

You should at least be aware that it's not an exaggeration that probably a majority of your country is very much known for believing things as ridiculous as that by default, sometimes it's not as bad as that, other times it's worse.
But in New York I can understand how that would be completely different.

America has some great things, but they definitely don't outweigh the bad.

Admittedly I went to parochial private school and private university, so maybe my educational standards were/are higher, but I don't understand the thought process these people go through and how they operate thinking the way they do and be so out of touch with current reality in the United States.

This country has a lot of faults, but it is still a premier global superpower and one of the richest countries in the world. The melting pot here is nicer compared to the increasing homogenous lifestyle Europeans wish to live.

Most of my family can barely boot up a computer..let alone navigate Wikipedia. I had to train my parents like dogs to be able to use watch tv and movies and shit

I also forget that smartphones aren't as standard a thing as they are on the coasts.

America's alright, but with the amount of power and resources they have they could be doing a whole magnitude better.

it's hard to keep 310 million people happy.

Xiraiya

America's alright, but with the amount of power and resources they have they could be doing a whole magnitude better.
It's such a goddamn waste, if they removed their military spending, everything else would become infinitely better. We should get Obama, he could be our Prime Minister and it would be the hypest shit ever, america can have Tony, he is so goddamn old fashioned and out of place here that he would be exactly what US politics would love to have as a presidency, it pisses me off he even got elected.

It's not great.
Yo how you doin' today, Xiraiya?
I'm doing alright, I was talking to Beloved while she's out and about with family and then thinking of loading up FF8 or continue working on this for it.
Still pretty much in early stages so stuff will change, but you get the idea.

Admittedly I went to parochial private school and private university, so maybe my educational standards were/are higher, but I don't understand the thought process these people go through and how they operate thinking the way they do and be so out of touch with current reality in the United States.

This country has a lot of faults, but it is still a premier global superpower and one of the richest countries in the world. The melting pot here is nicer compared to the increasing homogenous lifestyle Europeans wish to live.

I also forget that smartphones aren't as standard a thing as they are on the coasts.

it's hard to keep 310 million people happy.
If it's any indication, my dad thinks cellphones in general are the downfall of society because no one "just talks" to each other anymore.

The money pumped into education versus the quality of it is probably the worst area imo. Lots of things could be better, but organization and a bajillion other gross political factors come into play. Most people I talk to despise everything about our political system.

Xiraiya

The smartest thing any country did was Japan denouncing war and getting rid of most of their military, to focus money on other areas for the people.

I'm doing alright, I was talking to Beloved while she's out and about with family and then thinking of loading up FF8 or continue working on this for it.

Still pretty much in early stages so stuff will change, but you get the idea.

I keep meaning to play FF8, but it's just so slow that I feel asleep after about 10 minutes of playing it. Also, if you don't play for 3 weeks and forget what you were supposed to do, then you basically have to look up a walkthrough.

If it's any indication, my dad thinks cellphones in general are the downfall of society because no one "just talks" to each other anymore.

How contradictory this statement is.

The money pumped into education versus the quality of it is probably the worst area imo. Lots of things could be better, but organization and a bajillion other gross political factors come into play. Most people I talk to despise everything about our political system.

Be careful. Criticizing the gross misuse of taxpayer funds by bureaucrats is un-American, according to some Democrats.

Xiraiya

I keep meaning to play FF8, but it's just so slow that I feel asleep after about 10 minutes of playing it. Also, if you don't play for 3 weeks and forget what you were supposed to do, then you basically have to look up a walkthrough.

Really? That game just starts and goes, you get your initial test done and then they immediately ship you off to war to liberate the people and fight
a giant mech spider
I can understand needing a walkthrough though, that game is much harder if you don't spend time collecting magic to junction to your characters, which the PC version makes irrelevant by giving you a bunch from the start.

It's such a goddamn waste, if they removed their military spending, everything else would become infinitely better. We should get Obama, he could be our Prime Minister and it would be the hypest shit ever, america can have Tony, he is so goddamn old fashioned and out of place here that he would be exactly what US politics would love to have as a presidency, it pisses me off he even got elected.
It doesn't hurt that we have a government fighting against everything that Obama supports because he's not as red as they are. Blah.

Even though I'm a Government employee, I completely agree that Military spending needs to be cut. It's horrifically bloated, and we waste the majority of the money that we get, because we know we can always go back crawling to congress. It's disgusting.

Xiraiya

I kind of wish FF8 got a re-translation mod, there were a lot of liberties taken
Squall doesn't actually say "Whatever" all the time
. Actually that reminds me, Beloved has been playing it lately, her first real FF experience, she just finished disc 1 yesterday she's been having a lot of fun with it. The more she plays that game, the more she is baffled by Squall's "reputation" among players, as he essentially spends half of the game denying all emotions and focusing on his job as a mercenary instead, which by definition is exactly the opposite of what people tend to judge the character for.

She plans to play through FF7 after 8, and then play 4.

demidar

If we put Tony as the president of the United States, the world would be a Mad Max-like wasteland.

It doesn't hurt that we have a government fighting against everything that Obama supports because he's not as red as they are. Blah.

Even though I'm a Government employee, I completely agree that Military spending needs to be cut. It's horrifically bloated, and we waste the majority of the money that we get, because we know we can always go back crawling to congress. It's disgusting.

US Military is so bloated that surplus military kits are being handed down to local LEO.

Not to forget the generous funds that PMCs collect from gov't military budgets.

I kind of wish FF8 got a re-translation mod, there were a lot of liberties taken
Squall doesn't actually say "Whatever" all the time
. Actually that reminds me, Beloved has been playing it lately, her first real FF experience, she just finished disc 1 yesterday she's been having a lot of fun with it. The more she plays that game, the more she is baffled by Squall's "reputation" among players, as he essentially spends half of the game denying all emotions and focusing on his job as a mercenary instead, which by definition is exactly the opposite of what people tend to judge the character for.

She plans to play through FF7 after 8, and then play 4.

Any plans for the in-between titles and IX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom