• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do it! Believe in the shameless that believes in your anime!

Seriously, though, it's not hard to do. You just need a moment of realizing that everyone is full of shit and that absolutely nothing they think or say matters in any way whatsoever.

In other words, Thug Life.

It's good, a little uninformed for my personal tastes and a little mumbley here and there, but I'm certainly guilty of both of those things in my LPs, so don't take that personally.

I really think your commentary would be even better with just two people, though. That's the magic number. Too much just gets lost in the shuffle with more than two. But again, that's a personal preference.
personally I like 3-4 since it makes things easier on everyone and its harder to run out of things to say.

personally I like 3-4 since it makes things easier on everyone and its harder to run out of things to say.

If that's your thing, keep doing it and become the best at that dynamic! But, my personal input is that things get a little jumbled up and jumping immediately into a 4 person LP group is really hard for a viewer to get into, especially when everyone's talking all the time and there's no time to discern personalities for each person.

I'm gonna keep watching your LPs as they come out, so I'll report back when I have a better understanding of your group's dynamic.

If that's your thing, keep doing it and become the best at that dynamic! But, my personal input is that things get a little jumbled up and jumping immediately into a 4 person LP group is really hard for a viewer to get into, especially when everyone's talking all the time and there's no time to discern personalities for each person.

I'm gonna keep watching your LPs as they come out, so I'll report back when I have a better understanding of your group's dynamic.
alright, MGS is gonna have 4 people soon. And W101 will also.

Randy42

Speaking of Giant Bomb, I recently got into their Premium stuff and am taken aback by how just terrible the video section of their site is with lack of sorting (its like looking at something where the framework was setup in 2008 and then never updated).

Any Best Bros got suggestions for some good LPs that might be hidden in there? Already watched Breaking Brad Demons Souls and started the Persona 4 Endurance run and dunno what else is out there outside of the DP Stuff, Bioforge, and Metal Gear Scanlon.

demidar

Speaking of Giant Bomb, I recently got into their Premium stuff and am taken aback by how just terrible the video section of their site is with lack of sorting (its like looking at something where the framework was setup in 2008 and then never updated).

Any Best Bros got suggestions for some good LPs that might be hidden in there? Already watched Breaking Brad Demons Souls and started the Persona 4 Endurance run and dunno what else is out there outside of the DP Stuff, Bioforge, and Metal Gear Scanlon.

The Giant Bomb OT is thataway bruv. You'd have better luck there.

Can't listen to the podcast yet. I've got a seminar in about half an hour.

Maybe it is because it is only the first week of uni, but damn I want to be back in my room playing Bayonetta 2 and failing hard on infinite climax.
Wonderful 101 is still unplayed and on my shelf

Welcome new guy.
yourehereforever.png

I dont watch giant bomb, so I cant be of much help. But theres this tiny little LP group called the Multiplayer Gentlemen who are really cool you should check them out.
tactical shilling action

I dont watch giant bomb, so I cant be of much help. But theres this tiny little LP group called the Multiplayer Gentlemen who are really cool you should check them out.
tactical shilling action

Really? I heard on this mega popular Hood Based Let's Play group called SkullKidz that those guys are shit and like Yukiko. I don't know if I should trust you over them, they're pretty hood.

Oberon

Banned
I seem to have missed a lot of cringy suff, good.
I am unfortunatly sick, and had a really weird dream because of that.
I was playing cerabella in skull girls, and I wanted to do that horizental spining attack, but I had to input every frame of it manually. To do that I had to draw a line for every frame, and that's where it gets weird. Thr controle of the "cursor" where like this:
- Breath with nose = up
- Breath out with nose = down
- Breath with mouth = right
- Breath out with mouth = left

Good times

Skrams

Wonderful 101 is still unplayed and on my shelf

Disgusting filth.

I was about to say the sorting was pretty fine last I looked, but then I see there's no Breaking Brad section unless I'm blind. Weird. It's pretty fine otherwise when I'm just looking at QLs since that's their main output.

It's also weird to see people refer to their shit as LPs, but I can't really argue with it. They've done a few full playthroughs, but it's not their main output of content. I think this should be about everything?

Persona 4, Deadly Premonition, Chrono Trigger, MGS1, MGS2, DMC1, Volgarr the Viking, the Mario Party Parties I guess, all of the Halos, Castlevania 1, Blair Witch I think, Dark Souls 1 sort of, Outlast I think, Outlast DLC, and some other bullshit that's hidden in Spookin with Scoops or something. I guess PT too?

Also the giantbomb OT is good for that kind of question too.

Edit- Oh yeah forgot about Bioforge. Best playthrough. Also Phantasmagoria. The real best playthrough. Probably some other Random PC Game stuff that's really good that I forget.

Oh man, we got REmake virgins in here? That game is brutal if you have no experience. Zombies do in fact take huge amounts of ammo to kill, more in REmake than damn near anything mainstream than I can think of.

REmake spoiler

He's gonna lose his shit when he has to fight crimson heads. Or hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom