• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average? That's a shame. They had so much new talent I wanted them to really nail it. Still getting the blu ray tho, need that show in the highest resolution.
Well, the performances are generally good, but apparently the Japanese forced the dub directors to go with weird pronunciations for some of the names and there's a huge difference in how the script localizers handle some things, which means the dialogue quality can go from "sounds like stuff people would actually say" to "anime dialogue."

SMTIV sidequest boss spoilers
Woof,
Beelzebub
is pretty fucking tough! This is more like it!

Most side bosses are decent but
Beelzebub
is actually a tough one.7

Also I'm wrong, the only good thing about SMTIV is the music. THE MUSIC IS FUCKIGN AWESOME. LIKE SO GOOD.
Oh and the world, the world is soo goo too. I just don't like how black and white (lol) the 'moral' law and chaos was. I WANT FLIPFLOPS

LL! being on mobile has never really bothered me. I can only think of a handful of times where a touchscreen messed up my score.

I think the most impressive thing is that they did it with the character effects turned on.

I know, right? I can't stand having character effects on.

git gud and become japanese.
lol

I've already ordered 5 kimonos and all of the Rosetta Stone Japanese discs.

Cuteness is love, cuteness is life. There's nothing wrong with liking cute stuff.

image.php

Jokes.

That's not you in your avatar photo is it?

Zenfalcia

LL! being on mobile has never really bothered me. I can only think of a handful of times where a touchscreen messed up my score.

I know, right? I can't stand having character effects on.

I've already ordered 5 kimonos and all of the Rosetta Stone Japanese discs.

But character effects or cute when they cover up the screen and makes things hard to see. Just git gud and memorize the timings.

Good. You are only a few steps away from becoming fully japanese.
image.php

Jokes.

That's not you in your avatar photo is it?

Nope.
I'm actually jealous of that guy as much as I am afraid.
It's not terrible from what I played, but I just know I could do better with buttons.

You could see if you can make one or buy one if the thirst is real enough.

Anung

Un Rama
Full Scottish breakfast (black pudding om nom) and a day of REmake. The misses is working a tonight so its gonna be great.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

360pages

I say watch the original Dragon Ball first, then Dragon Ball Z Kai. I love the original series and it does do some things far better than Kai with the characters and some fights, but nearly a 1/4 of the running time is people staring at one another.

mrmyhthef

DID YOU KNOW THE KIDS LISTEN TO THE DEVIL MUSIC?!

It's that he resists or nulls everything and keeps upping his own stats while using pandemic bomb on my team. I somehow ended up with a team that doesn't have Me Patra, so it was a bit rough.
I managed to beat him tho. I am at level 61, because I do the sidequests, so that might have something to do with it.

I feel like lv 61 is really low for endgame.

Omg I haven't been to a Best Friends thread since it switched over to community, what have i missed.

Where to fucking begin...

360pages

Their line up is really amazing. Didn't expect Parasite Eve t be a Horror RPG...most people don't even try to do something like that.

Actually currently, there is no LP that I dislike.

Neol

Also this current round of LP's is the best the channel has seen.

Seriously they've been working overtime. Was really surprise to see Parasite Eve come along with all these other LP's.

Its also nice to see them play games they enjoy well... playing.

Their line up is really amazing. Didn't expect Parasite Eve t be a Horror RPG...most people don't even try to do something like that.

Actually currently, there is no LP that I dislike.

Square really took chances, all things considered, and EA was being "good guy EA" for localizing them to the West. Shit translation and all, I didn't expect EA to be so... generous.

mrmyhthef

62 now. And really? I haven't really had any issues yet, aside from the latest boss. What level were you guys at around end-game? Should I grind a bit?

After the alignment lock, I was able to recruit all of the demons in Naraku except for Botis, so between levels 75-83, I think? Who knows, maybe it was I who was overleveled.

Grinding's not necessary if you're not having trouble, but you should be able to jump a bunch of levels quick in Naraku. One enemy formation there I think gives 40k+ exp.

After the alignment lock, I was able to recruit all of the demons in Naraku except for Botis, so between levels 75-83, I think? Who knows, maybe it was I who was overleveled.

Grinding's not necessary if you're not having trouble, but you should be able to jump a bunch of levels quick in Naraku. One enemy formation there I think gives 40k+ exp.

I was high 60's when I finished the challenge quests and went to
purgatorium.
But I had the +15 to level fusion cap so I could fuse some beast demons.

Yeah, in general you should be at the level where you can recruit the random encounters in the area.

I really love how SMT gives you a ton of freedom in ways to do well. Adding in the App Points in IV actually does some cool stuff where you can build your character in goofy ways.

Prison School should've ended after the first arc tbh. The entire thing just feels like its gone on way too long at this point.

While I don't disagree, as that would have been a great ending, I'm still enjoying what going on.

Now, there can't be much more, to the series, or else we're going into doing too much levels then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom