• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Man... I really hope I don't have jury duty tomorrow. I wonder if I can bring my 3DS to court. If not, I guess I can just read manga or something on my phone.

Probably frowned upon, but I think you could pass with your phone if you sat in the back.

As much as it sucks, someones fate may literally be in your hands.

It's finee!!! It can't get that bad. It didn't say anything about giving her drunk just for sex or anything.

Well maybe there is a secret ending were you kill a guy for no reason and then you get sex for no reason, and then she disappears into the nether

Its validating a lot of stereotypes about Dating Sims and VNs...

This got fucking $50k on kickstarter
kick starter is a silly place. I'm still amazed that scam evolve like game that matt promoted got funded.

Jman014

Time to continue post dumb persona images.
Hey look, he's using the FOX blade from Revengeance
F0l2PTz.jpg

BOO

Most VNs aren't even like this. This is just some asshole, with some friends who could slap together some garbage, and appeal to some other assholes.

God, if this was self funded, I would even care. But naw, it was kickstarted.
kick starter is a silly place. I'm still amazed that scam evolve like game that matt promoted got funded.
Evolve has made me lose complete confidence in this fucking industry.

God, if I was a mod, I was ban every single user who entered a DF thread, or any thread about resolution or framerate, and complained on why do they matter.

They need to stop shitting up the threads.

At least it gives the PC junkies a place to have their lovefest about how good their FPS are compared to the "underpowered" consoles and keeps them out of the OT so the people there can actually talk about the game itself.

It's a fun OT for a lot of veterans of RE to see people's reactions to things for the first time in that game (like mine) so it'd be a shame to see it ruined by the PC lovers.

And yes, I could have been more vulgar about the name calling, but I won't do that.

But like you said, banning everyone in that thread would be amazing.

Jman014

Well maybe there is a secret ending were you kill a guy for no reason and then you get sex for no reason, and then she disappears into the nether

Most VNs aren't even like this. This is just some asshole, with some friends who could slap together some garbage, and appeal to some other assholes.

At least it gives the PC junkies a place to have their lovefest about how good their FPS are compared to the "underpowered" consoles and keeps them out of the OT so the people there can actually talk about the game itself.

It's a fun OT for a lot of veterans of RE to see people's reactions to things for the first time in that game (like mine) so it'd be a shame to see it ruined by the PC lovers.

And yes, I could have been more vulgar about the name calling, but I won't do that.

But like you said, banning everyone in that thread would be amazing.
Hey man, it's all about that Shadowrun Hong Kong Kickstarter!

Zenfalcia

Sounds perfect.

Well, there are many types of VNs, which touch many areas.

From the reddit page it said something about /v/ help funding it? I dunno how credible that is.

I would also ban those users too. Yes, we all know the consoles are underpowered. Nobody gives a fuck though.

Digital Foundry threads should be discussing the performance, not people whining about it, as the OTs should be complete discussion, both positive and negative, about the game.

Zenfalcia

Evolve makes me hate 2k on the levels of ubisoft. There is actual talent at turtle rock and it's being wasted completely with this whole DLC thing

They are still putting out the game, but I agree 2K isn't doing a great job of handling the DLC thing.
Add the Order: 1886 and Destiny to that list

AC unity as well.. We could also bring up indie games, but those are just silly and hit and miss.

Oberon

Banned

Did i miss somthing? What's with Evolve?

I played like 5 hours of HuniePop yesterday and had a blast.

I give no shits.

I would buy it and play it if I could. I see nothing wrong with it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I would buy it and play it if I could. I see nothing wrong with it.

There's a lot of judging by people with agendas or based on a 2 minute video clip. I mean, the game's not amazing or anything. It's not even a visual novel. But it's fun, addictive, and pretty funny. You can do a lot worse with $10.

It's not doing anything of the sort. It's not even a visual novel.

Jman014

A garrison mission in have in WoW is called Awakening...I hope Fire Emblem characters show up!
There's a lot of judging by people with agendas or based on a 2 minute video clip. I mean, the game's not amazing or anything. It's not even a visual novel. But it's fun, addictive, and pretty funny. You can do a lot worse with $10.

Buy several copies of Bad Rats for your friends!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Mighty Number 9: $4 Mil

Reading Rainbow: $5.4 Mil

Knowing you're throwing money at people when you can barely afford rent: Priceless

Those people were going to waste their money anyway. Might as well do it supporting a project.

Seriously, any time I hear someone criticize Kickstarter as a whole for a backer's irresponsible mistakes, I just sigh and move on.

Buy several copies of Bad Rats for your friends!

No thanks. I'd rather give away DMC4. Which I have.

Zenfalcia

Those people were going to waste their money anyway. Might as well do it supporting a project.

Seriously, any time I hear someone criticize Kickstarter as a whole for a backer's irresponsible mistakes, I just sigh and move on.

What else can you do? Try to argue and be beat down? It's probably not even worth the effort.

I would also ban those users too. Yes, we all know the consoles are underpowered. Nobody gives a fuck though.

Digital Foundry threads should be discussing the performance, not people whining about it, as the OTs should be complete discussion, both positive and negative, about the game.

Couldn't say it any better myself. 9 times out of 10 there's usually a PC performance thread for a game to talk about that stuff more in detail. As for shitposting about console versions in comparison to the PC, that shouldn't have a place in NeoGAF. I've seen people get banned for much less.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What else can you do? Try to argue and be beat down? It's probably not even worth the effort.

Be beat down? I've had the argument multiple times, and there is rarely a valid response. Some people just hate the idea of Kickstarter on principle and don't actually think about what it entails.

Oberon

Banned

It's not doing anything of the sort. It's not even a visual novel.

I found that video really funny

Jim Sterling's newest jimquisition sums it up pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsgoD74vLIo

Are you getting the Evolve Monster Race PC Exclusive Edition? Did you pre-order it? If yes to both, absolutely nothing.

I didn't know about this.I wasn't even interested in that game anyway.

Zenfalcia

Be beat down? I've had the argument multiple times, and there is rarely a valid response. Some people just hate the idea of Kickstarter on principle and don't actually think about what it entails.

Have you "won" those arguments? Everyone has their own opinions, so what can you do...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Have you "won" those arguments? Everyone has their own opinions, so what can you do...

Well, if there isn't a valid response, then yeah. I'd say I won.

People have a right to their opinions and they have a right to defend their opinions. And the flipside of that is that their opinions are open to criticism. Someone's opinion can simply be that Kickstarter is bad just because. It's a meaningless, poor excuse for an opinion, but they're free to have it, just as I am free to judge it.

My point is "That's my opinion, man." isn't a shield. You should be prepared to defend your opinion.

If you can't afford to support a project, then you shouldn't. That's basic money 101. It's investment, it's kickstarting, not paying for a product.

I think the biggest misconception about kickstarter is people thinking that its strictly a platform to fund something and that they will get a product at the end of its development, when its actually a small scale investment. Those pages are pitching their idea to you and its strictly up to you whether or not you decide to fund it. If the project falls through, other than the person who fucked up with the investment money, there's no one else to blame but yourself and you should consider yourself lucky if you even get somewhat compensated for your investment.

I think the biggest misconception about kickstarter is people thinking that its strictly a platform to fund something and that they will get a product at the end of its development, when its actually a small scale investment. Those pages are pitching their idea to you and its strictly up to you whether or not you decide to fund it. If the project falls through, other than the person who fucked up with the investment money, there's no one else to blame but yourself and you should consider yourself lucky if you even get somewhat compensated for your investment.
Definitely, and nobody even questions the integrity or trustworthiness of the teams behind the products, they just fall right into the marketing.

I think people are just far too used to consumerism, they just think about Kickstarter as a preorder, complete with higher tier collector's editions.

Jman014

I can't wait to be a street samurai again.

Have you tried Shadowrun Returns or Dragonfall before?

Btw how are you?

If you can't afford to support a project, then you shouldn't. That's basic money 101. It's investment, it's kickstarting, not paying for a product.

It's not investment, according to the numerous people who keep telling me otherwise.

I still call it an investment, just an investment with zero capital returns.

I haven't given any money to a project yet. I was really tempted when I heard about Starmen.net's publishing of the Mother 3 Guidebook.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Definitely, and nobody even questions the integrity or trustworthiness of the teams behind the products, they just fall right into the marketing.

I think people are just far too used to consumerism, they just think about Kickstarter as a preorder, complete with higher tier collector's editions.

The problem is that people don't know how to read, or won't read before they open their wallets. And then people fail to take responsibility for their actions, placing the blame on the system instead. It's a problem that's as old as time and it will never ever change.

People can indicate there are some measures that Kickstarter can use to increase accountability, and that's certainly true. Things can always be done to improve the system, but the current one is far from broken. People just need to use their brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom