• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, I just read the URL of that post and now I'm solidly in the "never giving these people my money" camp.

Yeah, that is honestly one of the most disgusting things I have ever read in relations to any game. I'm like the furthest thing from politically correct, and even thinking about giving this person my money is making me sick.

It's not investment, according to the numerous people who keep telling me otherwise.

I still call it an investment, just an investment with zero capital returns.
The only thing you should expect if the project is funded is that there's a chance that the game is made and it's quality living up to it's promise is entirely separate as well.

That sounds pretty unreliable? Yup, it is. That's what you're getting into.
The problem is that people don't know how to read, or won't read before they open their wallets. And then people fail to take responsibility for their actions, placing the blame on the system instead. It's a problem that's as old as time and it will never ever change.

People can indicate there are some measures that Kickstarter can use to increase accountability, and that's certainly true. Things can always be done to improve the system, but the current one is far from broken. People just need to use their brains.
It's really frustrating hearing people blame the system. Blah.

Linux is always one step removed from a hipster, a crazy person, or a Comp Sci major. Mac is always one step removed from someone who likes to think they're well-informed. Windows is as normal as taking a shit and almost as exciting, but it's got all the video games.

Linux is always one step removed from a hipster, a crazy person, or a Comp Sci major. Mac is always one step removed from someone who likes to think they're well-informed. Windows is as normal as taking a shit and almost as exciting, but it's got all the video games.
Triple Boot, baby! Why choose!?

Linux/Windows Dual Boot is heaven

Zenfalcia

Well, if there isn't a valid response, then yeah. I'd say I won.

People have a right to their opinions and they have a right to defend their opinions. And the flipside of that is that their opinions are open to criticism. Someone's opinion can simply be that Kickstarter is bad just because. It's a meaningless, poor excuse for an opinion, but they're free to have it, just as I am free to judge it.

My point is "That's my opinion, man." isn't a shield. You should be prepared to defend your opinion.

Ignorance doesn't exactly make a good argument if they try to make one. I don't know if it counts, but there's also the acceptance that their opinion is bad and they have no real argument behind it. I agree that using different opinions is not a "get out of jail" card and they must have some reason behind their opinion, which they can try to argue.

Zenfalcia

I thought the cringe videos were yesterday.

We bringing cringe back, baby.

image.php

edit: oops, dp.

The future of 3D gaming is in your hands. Are you ready to push the limits of computer-generated realism and hardcore scifi action to a new level that threatens the very existence of humanity?*

Good. Humanity is not worthy of STRAFE®:

• BILLIONS of level possibilities with a unique level generated on every load
• OCULUS RIFT compatibility - put yourself inside 100% virtualized "real" environments
• Randomized enemies, monster closets and hidden secrets surprise at every turn
• ÜBER-GORE® Tech for ludicrously persistent gibs
• Lifelike digital gravity
• BLAZING fast gameplay and responsive controls
• Realtime first person upright biped simulation
• Weapon upgrades and power-ups that’ll change your play style
• Unsigned 32 bit colors!
• Colored lighting!
• Ultra large resolutions with a unique 16:9* screen ratio (*only in 2d mode)
• Multi dimensional polygonal meshes derived from over a thousand unique vertices
• STRAFE®!

STRAFE

*The threat level STRAFE® poses to humanity is not currently quantifiable.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Keep in mind that 50k went into that Kickstarter.

Did the dev blow the money on drugs?

Games are expensive to make. Art, music, voicework. It might have even gone over budget.

A lot of people on GAF have no clue how expensive it is. There was an entire thread about Skullgirls' Indiegogo campaign.

Zenfalcia

Games are expensive to make. Art, music, voicework. It might have even gone over budget.

A lot of people on GAF have no clue how expensive it is. There was an entire thread about Skullgirls' Indiegogo campaign.

I'm sure they put a lot of money into the voice work. Most of the game is voiced correct?
So, this is rogue-lite Doom?

It seems like it. Although some of elements remind me of Minecraft. Like the blood dripping.

croten

That's what it looks like it's trying to be, but I can't say I'm actually interested in what they showed me. I'd have to get hands on to care about the core gameplay

I'm more interested in the hype for the game than the game itself. It's probably just going to be a decent shooter. That isn't really much too me to be honest

That's what it looks like it's trying to be, but I can't say I'm actually interested in what they showed me. I'd have to get hands on to care about the core gameplay

Hmm. It sounds like a cool idea. Not sure if I want to back it or not.

It seems like it. Although some of elements remind me of Minecraft. Like the blood dripping.

It does have that Minecraft artstyle. I wish it didn't, but eh.

Zenfalcia

Everything's voiced, yeah.

$50,000 is seriously nothing. You have to think about how many people are working on the game for that amount.

$50,000 is like one person's salary for a year. I wonder if they have a breakdown of how the money was spent.

This makes me really like Katawa Shoujo even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom