• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Edit: I just checked out two or three youtube vids. Wow, the artstyle is really bad.

It's.. not terrible, but not great either. It's very average to less than average.
It does have that Minecraft artstyle. I wish it didn't, but eh.

I agree. The minecraft look is really taking me out of it. If there weren't any enemy models it would almost look like a minecraft texture pack. The guns are about the same too.

360pages

What if they are so meta that the art is supposed to be not great, because it's parodying other VNs with average art? What if all of this was a work!?!?

That's dumb though. The best Parody's are the one that celebrate what they are poking fun at. Even then...I honestly think this game was supposed to be a VN of some sort. An honest one...

Something like this almost makes the game seem passable...then the art...woof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuS1YGrmA54

111.gif

Zenfalcia

That's dumb though. The best Parody's are the one that celebrate what they are poking fun at. Even then...I honestly think this game was supposed to be a VN of some sort. An honest one...

It's.. a mixed bag. I'll have to play it to really give a good opinion, but currently ehhhh...

i dunno about that name.. I like mine better :p
Guys the wait for the New 3DS XL is killing me

dayum.gif

Join the crack train driven by Pat and do something else to kill time before the New 3ds arrives.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

For what it's worth, it's not a visual novel. The developer has openly stated that it shouldn't be classified as such.

Zenfalcia

The steam page description and comparing its screenshots to PS2 version indicate that the art is brand new

woah, the art is way better. They could've changed some of the proportions, but that's a personal preference.
I threw up a little in my mouth after I heard the third girl's dialogue.

It's fine! i mean, her outfit is also fine too. Who doesn't love skimpy outfits on girls.
I had to take a break from Hyrule Warriors.

Perhaps studying and getting As can be my new crack...

That could work. Whatever floats your boat.

It's like a gender swapped Donte...

It's like Donte wrote the script of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom