• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Tell Liam he fucked up SMRPG in editing then. Half of the last video is in Fast Forward

What if it was a work? What if he did it on purpose!?!?
He probably didn't.. at least i hope so.

You love it.
Secure Pat into the bed like he does himself, push another bed next to the bed Pat is in, and then push the secured Pat into the crack between both beds and you're good to go.

He won't be able to get out or hurt anyone. It's perfect!
I can't remember. I think he called it a dating sim/puzzle game hybrid.

... Who is he trying to kid here?

Zenfalcia

I think the main issue is the categorization of "novel" which implies way more text and exposition. I see nothing wrong with that distinction.

I suppose, but isn't it still a novel regardless of the puzzle elements? There are other VNs with way more gameplay and still a visual novel. Maybe I'm being too critical. :/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hey Pat, I want to say that I am really liking the Silent Hill 2 LP. I actually really like the change of pace, the reduction of casual banter and more general genre/development discussion. It's the type of LP that I tend to appreciate more, even though I like having them paired with shitshows.

It seems more prepared, more measured, more thoughtful, and there's a reverence that comes through clearly (as there should be).

I suppose, but isn't it still a novel regardless of the puzzle elements? There are other VNs with way more gameplay and still a visual novel. Maybe I'm being too critical. :/

No, it's really not. I don't think there's a single visual novel that has less text. There's just really basic conversations after the introductions.

guys did you bother with the 4th skill trees before NG+?
im getting the missable Monado arts cause monado arts, but do i really need the skill trees before my NG+ playthrough?

Hey Pat, I want to say that I am really liking the Silent Hill 2 LP. I actually really like the change of pace, the reduction of casual banter and more general genre/development discussion. It's the type of LP that I tend to appreciate more, even though I like having them paired with dumb ones.

It seems more prepared, more measured, more thoughtful, and there's a clear reverence that comes through clearly (as there should be).

I can second this by just adding that if they play games that are considered to be classics I really appreciate it when they focus on the actual game and talking about it instead of the usual banter and joking. *cough* REmake LP *cough*

Called Liam, yeah, he totally intended that, but I didn't really explain to him the ins and outs of that shit that I learned doing CT way back, so it's on me as well I suppose. Oh well, not ruined.

Hey Pat, I want to say that I am really liking the Silent Hill 2 LP. I actually really like the change of pace, the reduction of casual banter and more general genre/development discussion. It's the type of LP that I tend to appreciate more, even though I like having them paired with shitshows.

It seems more prepared, more measured, more thoughtful, and there's a reverence that comes through clearly (as there should be).
Thirded, not only do I adore the game and the series and love watching them play out, the commentary is adding to it in a way that's not just humor, and is actually really compelling.

croten

Called Liam, yeah, he totally intended that, but I didn't really explain to him the ins and outs of that shit that I learned doing CT way back, so it's on me as well I suppose. Oh well, not ruined.

Okay. Well I wouldn't mind it if there was a caption. Is there a caption?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It doesn't have a lot of text? That's surprising. How little text and how basic are we talking about?

There's the initial introductions, which are lengthy, and do change based on if you choose a male or female. Then a lot of the game is just really Q&As, picking the right answers. They give you perspective into the characters, but it's not a visual novel, per se. You're going to spent most of your time in the puzzle sections.

ALSO

I bought 3 PS2 games today.

Tenchu:Wrath of Heavens
Second Sight
DMC 3: Special Edition.

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

There's the initial introductions, which are lengthy, and do change based on if you choose a male or female. Then a lot of the game is just really Q&As, picking the right answers. They give you perspective into the characters, but it's not a visual novel, per se. You're going to spent most of your time in the puzzle sections.

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

DMC 2 was there too.. but i was like... No man...

Also Second Sight is fucking cool.

Zenfalcia

I'll have to get some hands on time to really see this. So most of the gameplay is puzzle games?
God i just realized how soothing Plague's voice is, I could listen to him for hours.

Yes, join the plagoo army and drown in his dulcet tones.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also, can you tell Matt to calm down during his No More Heroes LP? I've only watched the first two episodes so far (so maybe this changes), and it's kind of adorable that he's so obviously nervous starting this solo LP. He just needs to relax. He doesn't need to fill every void with some keen observation or apologize for screwing up. We like him. He's not wasting our time.

I'll have to get some hands on time to really see this. So most of the gameplay is puzzle games?

Yeah, it's mostly puzzles.

Zenfalcia

Also, can you tell Matt to calm down during his No More Heroes LP? I've only watched the first two episodes so far (so maybe this changes), and it's kind of adorable that he's so obviously nervous starting this solo LP. He just needs to relax. He doesn't need to fill every void with some keen observation or apologize for screwing up. We like him. He's not wasting our time.

I think it's endearing. He'll get better with time. For example, Plague got better with time and experience.
A sentiment I could never possibly understand.

anime is love, anime is life.

Jman014

It is, but so are the Higurashi girls.
Ehhhhhhhh different strokes. I really love the portraits in Shadowrun, though. Cyberpunk is awesome
A sentiment I could never possibly understand.

How would you feel about WWE doing an anime based on the current roster? Will you like The Ascension more?
Btw I watched RAW and HOLY SHIT NWO guys are so old. Cool still, though. And JBL decking someone again was great

How would you feel about WWE doing an anime based on the current roster? Will you like The Ascension more?
Btw I watched RAW and HOLY SHIT NWO guys are so old

That would be awful.

Still haven't watched it but I saw the nWo reunion live at Hogan's birthday and they were barely alive and that was half a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom