• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out I have a professor that not only worked at THQ and did models for characters for Homefront but also worked on art for Legend of Korra season 1

He actually told us a story about that game's development and why it went under if anyone wants to hear.

Just found out I have a professor that not only worked at THQ and did models for characters for Homefront but also worked on art for Legend of Korra season 1

He actually told us a story about that game's development and why it went under if anyone wants to hear.
Totally, I like hearing about that stuff.

Ehhhhhhhh different strokes. I really love the portraits in Shadowrun, though. Cyberpunk is awesome

How would you feel about WWE doing an anime based on the current roster? Will you like The Ascension more?
Btw I watched RAW and HOLY SHIT NWO guys are so old. Cool still, though. And JBL decking someone again was great

Go watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 and then come back to me. I won't ever watch Raw again probably.

Okingjrr

Go for it!

ooo yeah sure. i love that kind of stuff.

Homefront 2 looked interesting

ultimax

Yo ask him who's best girl, korra or asami?

Zenfalcia

Oh sorry, I thought you had already finished it.

Nah, I'm barely into the game.. just got a few hours further from getting to the overworld.
I don't know what it looks like, but there's more than one anime artstyle.

Anime like? Western? Cartoony? Older anime art?
His voice is a fairy fountain, I hope to improve my 'strokes' when listening to him

All his videos are amazing to either watch or listen to like a podcast. I really like his starseige LP.

Zenfalcia

That's cool. What was his job while working on those projects? I wonder what else he worked on...

Jman014

He did art for book 1? AWESOME. You gotta tell me about it.
Go watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 and then come back to me. I won't ever watch Raw again probably.
I'll look into it!
Yo ask him who's best girl, korra or asami?
Obviously both
but no Korrasami
I don't know what it looks like, but there's more than one anime artstyle.
Oh, Shadowrun d oesn't have anime art, I just wanted to talk about Shadowrun and how I like the portrait art.
portraits.png

He did art for book 1? AWESOME. You gotta tell me about it.

I'll look into it!

Obviously both
but no Korrasami

Oh, Shadowrun d oesn't have anime art, I just wanted to talk about Shadowrun and how I like the portrait art.

If you like really good Tag Team wrestling you'll be sold on the first match.

Totally, I like hearing about that stuff.

He told us that apparently while they were working on the game the two guys at the top (he didn't name them) were extremely bossy and dead set on a plan and didn't want to listen to the rest of the dev team of ideas of implementing good multiplayer or anything that would help extend the life of the game since they thought the story would be good enough and then when THQ went down he left to another company. Then when he saw the new Homefront game he recognized the models that his team made (unused stuff from Homefront 1) being used in the new trailer for the new Homefront game.

As for Korra, he worked on S1, most noticeably the republic city episode with the chase scene and he did the part where Korra launched the car into the wall. He told me there was like an army of animators for that show. He also said that even though he worked on Korra, avatar is still better.

And he said he did about 37 or so background images for S1.

He told us that apparently while they were working on the game the two guys at the top (he didn't name them) were extremely bossy and dead set on a plan and didn't want to listen to the rest of the dev team of ideas of implementing good multiplayer or anything that would help extend the life of the game since they thought the story would be good enough and then when THQ went down he left to another company. Then when he saw the new Homefront game he recognized the models that his team made (unused stuff from Homefront 1) being used in the new trailer for the new Homefront game.
Sounds like a corporate work environment.
He also said that even though he worked on Korra, avatar is still better.
What a cool guy.

Jman014

If you like really good Tag Team wrestling you'll be sold on the first match.
Is Kingdom like, Spanish wrestling?

As for Korra, he worked on S1, most noticeably the republic city episode with the chase scene and he did the part where Korra launched the car into the wall. He told me there was like an army of animators for that show. He also said that even though he worked on Korra, avatar is still better.
Oh so episode 1, awesome!
Well I enjoyed his work.
I'd want to see a spinoff series where Aang and Korra hangout and go on dumb adventures as the two Avatar buddies...and yes I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but I had a dumb dream about it.

Is Kingdom like, Spanish wrestling?

Oh so episode 1, awesome!
Well I enjoyed his work.
I'd want to see a spinoff series where Aang and Korra hangout and go on dumb adventures as the two Avatar buddies...and yes I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but I had a dumb dream about it.

It's like Japan's Wrestlemania. They have English commentary if listening to it isn't your thing, JR and Matt Stryker commentate it.

360pages

Saying ANIME art is all the same is kind of silly, it would be like saying every game is like Super Mario. There are Artstyles I like and dislike from both Western and Eastern Medium. (Like personally I don't care much for Shadow Run Style despite me not hating the game)

Xiraiya

I've been reading the manga.. despite being told to watch the anime. It's still pretty good and i finally got to the bathroom scene.. it's great.
Nothing wrong with the Manga I read it since it's way further ahead than the anime now (Until april), but a lot of things come across funnier/better in the anime (The animation from 2011 seasons and on wards is way better too)

Jman014

Play Dragonfall people. It's fucking great and will make you pour your money into Hong Kong.
THIS. I will shill for Dragonfall, too. It's awesome.
I'll PM you my copy I bought.
Hokay ty
Saying ANIME art is all the same is kind of silly, it would be like saying every game is like Super Mario. There are Artstyles I like and dislike from both Western and Eastern Medium. (Like personally I don't care much for Shadow Run Style despite me not hating the game)

Do you like cyberpunk in general? Like are you looking forward to things like Cyberpunk 2077?

Zenfalcia

Nothing wrong with the Manga I read it since it's way further ahead than the anime now (Until april), but a lot of things come across funnier/better in the anime (The animation from 2011 seasons and on wards is way better too)

I bet it is better with full animation, voice acting, and music.

360pages

THIS. I will shill for Dragonfall, too. It's awesome.

Hokay ty

Do you like cyberpunk in general? Like are you looking forward to things like Cyberpunk 2077?

Er not really, I prefer my setting to be either urban Fantasy or more Si-Fi (Or urban Si-fi) Something that connects the weirdness to our setting. Probably why I can't get into a pure fantasy world unless there are some connections to modern things. (I like Disgaea because despite being Fantasy there are TV shows movies and other things)

Jman014

Np, let me know what you think of the first match.

Btw it's 4 hours long, so go make some popcorn or something.
THERE'S A TAG TEAM CALLED TIMESPLITTERS. I was expecting two dudes dressed up as Reaper Splitters to show up but no it's just Back to the Future stuff. Still cool, though.
I saw my brother playing it and it looks awesome, I love cyberpunk but don't have a PC so i'm outta luck
Sorry mate
It IS on iOS and Android if you have one of those systems. I don't know how well it is on those platforms, though.

croten

Er not really, I prefer my setting to be either urban Fantasy or more Si-Fi (Or urban Si-fi) Something that connects the weirdness to our setting. Probably why I can't get into a pure fantasy world unless there are some connections to modern things. (I like Disgaea because despite being Fantasy there are TV shows movies and other things)

The world of Shadowrun (as far as I'm aware) is pretty much that. It's slightly futuristic in the cyberpunk way but mixed with elves and warlocks and demons and shit.

THERE'S A TAG TEAM CALLED TIMESPLITTERS. I was expecting two dudes dressed up as Reaper Splitters to show up but no it's just Back to the Future stuff. Still cool, though.

Sorry mate
It IS on iOS and Android if you have one of those systems. I don't know how well it is on those platforms, though.

Alex Shelley is really hype. You'll see alot of names that you used to see in WWE there.

Zenfalcia

The whole One Piece/DBZ Timeskip parody stuff if is the beginning of the 2011 series if you feel like you want to switch over at some point and not have to watch older episodes.

I'll watch from the start, I don't mind rewatching stuff i already know. I just like reading since i can start and stop whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom