• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
ULTIMAX IS AT EVO? YOOOOOOOOOOO

DAIGO. IM COMIN FOR YOU BROTHER.
yapacation2.gif

Dropping out of classes this semester. We need to git gud and beat Daigo

Alright, I think my Ultimax hype is simmering. Anyway, Tekken 7 is hype. Xrd is hype. MKX is meh. I'd trade it off for Skullgirls honestly.
MKX was going to get at least one Evo. Skullgirls is never going to get it's time in the sun, as long as Killer Insleep is funded by Microsoft, and promoting one off anime fighters.

Hopefully, another hype side tourney.
VF5 and DoA are boring.
I play DOA, and I know it can be a little boring for those who don't. But VF? Hell naw, game is fast as hell, and is the hypest 3d fighter to watch.

Really though, I like watching VF matches. Really fast.
It's the fucking best, both to play and to watch. Zero appreciation for Sega fighters in this side of the world, it's a goddamn shame.

I had more interest in SoCal Regionals and Sega Cup than Evo last year because of VF. That and the former also had Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. Now THAT'S a fucking game that needs to be on stage at Evo.

by the way they are talking it sounds like Only one anime game will be on the main stage/main stream. Guilty Gear has the slot for sure if only one is getting up there. i hope they only show 1 smash game on the main stage as well

It's the fucking best, both to play and to watch. Zero appreciation for Sega fighters in this side of the world, it's a goddamn shame.

I had more interest in SoCal Regionals and Sega Cup than Evo last year because of VF. That and the former also had Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. Now THAT'S a fucking game that needs to be on stage at Evo.

Don't get me wrong, growing up i only played two fighting game series. Tekken from 3 onwards and Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution. I just don't like VF5 that much.

by the way they are talking it sounds like Only one anime game will be on the main stage/main stream. Guilty Gear has the slot for sure if only one is getting up there. i hope they only show 1 smash game on the main stage as well
I'm sure that's what they'll do. It's really smart, too. Lets people watch what they want, mostly.

If they show one Smash game on the big stage, and it isn't Melee, my butthurt would consume the world.

I really don't care what anime fighter they put up. As long as it doesn't run long, I'm good.

360pages

Even though love Melee, it's probably time for the new smash to step it up. It's competent enough unlike Brawl I feel comfortable with it taking the place of Melee as tournament smash,

360pages

I think people would have liked Marie better if she was introduced in Arena. Since she is actually pretty cool as a character and a fighter in ultimax.

Even though love Melee, it's probably time for the new smash to step it up. It's competent enough unlike Brawl I feel comfortable with it taking the place of Melee as tournament smash,

I don't because it's super boring to watch,

Don't get me wrong, fantastic game. Way better than that piece of shit known as Brawl. But there's something about the little details about Melee that is missing in Smash U that takes it to the next level. It may be the hyper aggressive gameplay, or the constant dancing, or actual combos, but it has something that Smash 4 doesn't.

croten

It's good but it's not Melee. Melee is still a better game for serious play and it always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom