• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

I actually don't think Palutena's all that hot. I think she's cool, but I don't think she's hot. Honestly not really into royalty that much.
That's why I married Anna in FE:A

You can marry kid icarus characters in FE:A?

What?

Also, when Palutena was announced for smash in that awful dubbed trailer at the end of the e3 direct, I went "yeah... ok"

Then I hear pacman was announced later that day and went "why did you close with palutena?"

I honestly don't care about her.

Jman014

I actually don't think Palutena's all that hot. I think she's cool, but I don't think she's hot. Honestly not really into royalty that much.

I think she's kind of hot. Royalty you say? I'm intrigued now.
Anna is cool!

What?

468px-Anna_Awakening.png

Shackzam

I am taking my ball, and I am going home!

Saturday is no good for me... unless it's like, really late at night. Friday is better.

I don't know if you want me though, my Kanji is rusty and I can barely do Potemkin's grabs.

My friend isn't used to fighting many people besides me and I want him to face other playstyles. But he hasn't fought me in awhile, but he wants to get the grind on with all the EVO announcements. You'll probably do fine and you'll get to shake the rust off. I'll see what I can do with the day.

mrmyhthef

What?

Also, when Palutena was announced for smash in that awful dubbed trailer at the end of the e3 direct, I went "yeah... ok"

Then I hear pacman was announced later that day and went "why did you close with palutena?"

The way they used her trailer in the intro was extremely jarring. SUDDENLY ACTUAL ANIME.

Also Pac-man is the best.

Jman014

What?

She's voiced by the same lady that voices Lightning and Liara!

My friend isn't used to fighting many people besides me and I want him to face other playstyles. But he hasn't fought me in awhile, but he wants to get the grind on with all the EVO announcements. You'll probably do fine and you'll get to shake the rust off. I'll see what I can do with the day.

It's fine.
Also for time, past about 1:30 am est on saturday night[sunday morning] will work for me, if it's gotta be saturday.

No such thing. Trust me, if there was a fight stick that worked on PS4, Xbone and PC I would have paid top dollar for it. Unless you plan on getting deep into KI though, there's no reason to get an Xbone fight stick so I highly recommend a MadCatz TE2 for PS3/PS4/PC if you have the money.

Yeah wow, holy shit I can't afford those right now for just a fight pad for a genre I barely play. I guess I'm stuck fighting games babby moding it for now.

Xiraiya

Mass Effect discussion? I have a perfect save of literally everything done/obtained and maxed out for ME1 that I keep for ME2 and 3.
I also managed to avoid the pitfall of ME2 that is the act of romancing anyone, so that Ashley didn't hate my Shepard when ME3 rolled around.

I got as far as I could with the female characters without romancing them in any way, and then locked them all into the the friend zone, they know their place.

Zenfalcia

well I am calling it a night.

See you guys later.

Night.
The citadel DLC has an extended version of this where Grunt gets in on the action

I can never unhear wrex's greeting for sheppard and I don't know why it's so funny. I don't know who grunt is. I stopped 1 hour into ME2.
Met someone that is legit defending HonniePop...why?

I don't see why not.
Mass Effect discussion? I have a perfect save of literally everything done/obtained and maxed out for ME1 that I keep for ME2 and 3.
I also managed to avoid the pitfall of ME2 that is the act of romancing anyone, so that Ashley didn't hate my Shepard when ME3 rolled around.

I got as far as I could with the female characters without romancing them in any way, and then locked them all into the the friend zone, they know their place.

You really wanted ashley or is there good story reasons to not piss her off?

Xiraiya

You really wanted ashley or is there good story reasons to not piss her off?
I saw no reason to piss her off in the first place, I was kind of curious since most people were automatically going to romance people in ME2, and as I was playing it, i heard the news there was a flag in the save files about Ashley that more or less still counted as you guys being together despite the game being a bit vague on that, which made me assume that would matter in ME3.

So I decided against romancing anyone because that's just now how my Shepard rolls, loyal to the end.

Zenfalcia

I saw no reason to piss her off in the first place, I was kind of curious since most people were automatically going to romance people in ME2, and as I was playing it, i heard the news there was a flag in the save files about Ashley that more or less still counted as you guys being together despite the game being a bit vague on that, which made me assume that would matter in ME3.

So I decided against romancing anyone because that's just now how my Shepard rolls, loyal to the end.

Ok, so did how much of a difference did your decison make in 3?

At least you didn't miss much from the romancing.
Except awkward sex scenes.

Procrastination sucks. That sounds fun.

So for my emerging Tech class, we have to make 3 projects about newish technology and basically teach the rest of the class. Since our quarters are 10 weeks, we have 3 weeks per project. All 3 of my projects are me exploring different game Engines. This first project was on Game Maker Studio and i made a simple 2D platformer. My next project is going to be on Cry Engine and my last on Unreal Engine 4.

Zenfalcia

So for my emerging Tech class, we have to make 3 projects about newish technology and basically teach the rest of the class. Since our quarters are 10 weeks, we have 3 weeks per project. All 3 of my projects are me exploring different game Engines. This first project was on Game Maker Studio and i made a simple 2D platformer. My next project is going to be on Cry Engine and my last on Unreal Engine 4.

That's cool and seems interesting. What do you plan on doing for the other two engines?

I havn't had time to research much into Cryengine, so im not sure. However for my final project, me and 2 of my classmates are going to try and make a duck hunt sort of thing in Unreal 4.

Xiraiya

ff_vii_gunblade_replica.jpg

Just saw this on Youtube, I didn't know this show existed, that's actually a super good attempt, looks like they had it cutting really well too and even got the trigger and hammer working, though of course it doesn't actually vibrate the blade or anything.

I'd like to have one on a wall.

Zenfalcia

ff_vii_gunblade_replica.jpg

Just saw this on Youtube, I didn't know this show existed, that's actually a super good attempt, looks like they had it cutting really well too and even got the trigger and hammer working, though of course it doesn't actually vibrate the blade or anything.

I'd like to have one on a wall.

Oh, is it the same guys who also make other video game weapons? They made a falchion a while ago and they cut a watermelon with it.

Xiraiya

Oh, is it the same guys who also make other video game weapons? They made a falchion a while ago and they cut a watermelon with it.

Yeah they seem to do other game stuff, they were cutting watermelons and other stuff with it, looks like it was pretty decent, they didn't have much trouble cutting with it, they had a guy some in with like a zombie bust looking thing with all the insides and they managed to behead it, so that was cool.

Zenfalcia

I left it out since I'll be demoing it in class

Ah, ok.
Yeah they seem to do other game stuff, they were cutting watermelons and other stuff with it, looks like it was pretty decent, they didn't have much trouble cutting with it, they had a guy some in with like a zombie bust looking thing with all the insides and they managed to behead it, so that was cool.

I think you can also buy the weapons if i'm not mistaken. It's always cool beheading zombies.

Oberon

Banned

What's with this tho?

tumblr_n6ysyg3hzp1r2heyno1_500_by_kokushovt-d7lu7s3.gif

Nintendo actively promotes her life and hometown

Edit: Woops, it was posted 2 pages ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom