• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

There is another way to play?

Don't know if this is a joke or not, but yes. There's a mode where the direction you point the stick causes the character to move in that direction. I haven't looked at any impressions, but I assume it's similar to DMC or whatever else uses that camera system.

croten

There're two options, the default in the new one is the updated controls which are like Devil May Cry style and the Original which is the tank controls. Playing with updated controls isn't the pure experience, since it's objectively superior and the challenge and enemies were all designed with tank controls in mind, so the superiority of the controls makes the game itself worse.
Don't know if this is a joke or not, but yes. There's a mode where the direction you point the stick causes the character to move in that direction. I haven't looked at any impressions, but I assume it's similar to DMC or whatever else uses that camera system.
Yes it was a joke, I know there is an alt control scheme I just don't want to bother giving it the time of day

demidar

I was playing DMC4 earlier and I had several moments where I walk through a door and the camera moves into that room but facing the opposite direction meaning I just walk back through the door I came through. You have to be careful not to wiggle your stick too much when such transitions occur because that's how you break the direction of movement carried over from the previous camera.

I was playing DMC4 earlier and I had several moments where I walk through a door and the camera moves into that room but facing the opposite direction meaning I just walk back through the door I came through. You have to be careful not to wiggle your stick too much when such transitions occur because that's how you break the movement carried over from the previous camera.

I had a similar issue in DMC1.

Transition from shot to shot isn't acclimated to the control scheme. If the movement was absolute, I'd be alright. Getting used to the camera changes was a little disorienting at first. I can tell I was spoiled in good camera control in other games.

croten

Transition from shot to shot isn't acclimated to the control scheme. If the movement was absolute, I'd be alright. Getting used to the camera changes was a little disorienting at first. I can tell I was spoiled in good camera control in other games.

Unfortunately the only DMC game that doesn't have this problem is DmC

Skrams

I was playing DMC4 earlier and I had several moments where I walk through a door and the camera moves into that room but facing the opposite direction meaning I just walk back through the door I came through. You have to be careful not to wiggle your stick too much when such transitions occur because that's how you break the direction of movement carried over from the previous camera.

I replayed DMC4 super recently and had that happen too. Half of it's just because you want to move direction a little and then camera change. The other half is me going oh god camera and then my thumb twitches just enough for the movement to change. It's only like a second of annoyance though. It's not a huge deal to me. Wonder how it's like in REmake considering it constantly changes the camera because the game was based around those tank controls.

Also man, I'm not sure if I want to replay DMC4 SE again to get to Vergil. I'll have to probably and I will, but the thing of wanting all the skills will make that first playthrough feel kind of painful. I want MAX Act, but jeez 5000 proud souls off the bat. Then Snatch, Speed, Get More Orbs, Charge Shot, every Red Queen thing ever, Trigger Heart or whatever, and every other thing I can't think of. I just want it all.

Speaking of DMC, I forgot that DMC1 had a bit of challenge to it.

So like all character action games then? I still need to go back and play DMC1. I've tried it 2 times and beat Phantom or Nelo Angelo or whoever, but I just stop. It's probably just because it's just a really basic game since it was practically the first. I should try it again with a new mindset that it's not character action crazy, but more just hit the weakpoint of the enemy then style on them.

Unfortunately the only DMC game that doesn't have this problem is DmC

Yeah, instead you have camera control all the time so you can do cool stuff all the time and not get flipped turned upside down. Cool things like facing the camera away from the enemies so they never attack while you charge Drive to kill them all easily. Repeat for 10 hours or more.

You ever have a really good dream, and then you wake up really quickly thinking it really happened and then you realize it didn't and get really fucking sad?

Morning GAF.

demidar

It must be even worse in DMC1. I don't think they had direction preservation back then.

Skrams

You ever have a really good dream, and then you wake up really quickly thinking it really happened and then you realize it didn't and get really fucking sad?

Morning GAF.

I had a dream I was approved for GAF once. I woke up and wasn't sure if what I dreamed had actually happened yesterday or not. It didn't. This was me a month or more ago. Also recently had a dream about hanging out with Woolie and Pat. That didn't happen either surprisingly enough.

I had a dream I was approved for GAF once. I woke up and wasn't sure if what I dreamed had actually happened yesterday or not. It didn't. This was me a month or more ago. Also recently had a dream about hanging out with Woolie and Pat. That didn't happen either surprisingly enough.

I had a dream about living in the Pacific Northwest, with a really cute nerdy wife. I was rich and could afford everything..still spent all my time on GAF tho.

It wasn't real </3

It must be even worse in DMC1. I don't think they had direction preservation back then.

The game definitely shows it's age in HD.

Vergil/Nelo Angelo looks rough, Dante has a rough look too. It looks like the models were not cleaned up prior to shipping.

Gameplay is super basic in early game. Once you learn to juggle marionettes, getting S isn't hard.

But Damn that early game shotgun ^_^

Morning GAF.

I had a dream I had a girlfriend and was super duper happy with her, despite in reality not actually wanting a girlfriend, then woke up extremely confused as to what I wanted. Quickly, though I realized I didn't want one and was fine again, but for a few minutes there I was like "No! It wasn't real!"

I had a dream I had a girlfriend and was super duper happy with her, despite in reality not actually wanting a girlfriend, then woke up extremely confused as to what I wanted. Quickly, though I realized I didn't want one and was fine again, but for a few minutes there I was like "No! It wasn't real!"

Eh I want one, but I don't want one that I won't be happy with or will immediately start getting on my nerves...y'know?

Emouse

Morning GAF.

I don't think I even woke up this morning I think I'm still having a horrible nightmare

I really hope it is :(

ultimax

Yes.
I expected it to be better.
I'm joking.
tumblr_na98qcN2y71tfad7zo5_400.gif

croten

Morning GAF.

Yeah been there, I had a dream that I was on holiday in Japan. I was legitimately depressed when I woke up.

You know what they say, if you don't have a waifu, then you have no laifu
Dr. AbuBeats, you that is a damned lie. I always prescribed to opposite theory, that if you have no waifu, then you have the most laifu, but it is empty, where the more waifus you acquire negatively impacts the said laifu, but because fulfilling and worth living.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Dr. AbuBeats, you that is a damned lie. I always prescribed to opposite theory, that if you have no waifu, then you have the most laifu, but it is empty, where the more waifus you acquire negatively impacts the said laifu, but because fulfilling and worth living.

Code:
if(waifu!=presentInLife){
int[] lyfe = new int[yourLife];
lyfe[now] = MAX_INT;
if(lyfe[now] > 0){
System.out.println("Your life is fucking empty.');
suicide();
}
}
else{
int[] lyfe = new int[yourLife];
lyfe[now] = MIN_INT;