• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

I guess?
I mean he stuck around but did absolutely nothing but yell about what was currently happening on screen.

He stuck by his friend even though he knew his death was almost certain just to try and help him defeat what is essentially the Jojo version of Dracula.

Skrams

So after all these months I've finally finished Jojo part 1.
We're you guys who always post about how cool Speedwagon is saying that ironically or were you serious? I don't think he did a single cool thing. He was practically pissing himself in fear the entire time and then he died. Not really the cool guy I was expecting.

Did you not see how manly his tears were when Jonathon was a fucking gentleman on Ogre Street? Jonathon could of killed Speedwagon and his goons, but he didn't. He knew they had families and he didn't want to kill them. He just wanted to save his father. He's a true fucking gentleman. Then Speedwagon can feel the evil seeping off of Dio. Then he goes and puts a bullet in Dio's brain when Jonathon can't. Also died? What? I'm not crazy right. That's not a thing.

Well thanks for the spoiler.

I'm not crazy.
Is the manga different from the anime and not have a certain scene or something? He fucking smashes the mask and he sees Jonathon leave on the boat. When did he die? Are you insane and talking about Straits?

OH MY GOD JR ITS THE MOST ILLEGAL MOVE AGAINST A NAMELESS HORROR IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE SHWF!

OMG LIAM CENA IS ABOUT TO PUT ORTON THRU THE TABLE

randy-orton-rko-o.gif

Y'know if you just kinda block up the phrase "Final Fantasy" from 13, and just replace it with "Generic JRPG 13" It turns into a pretty good game! =D

Skrams

he helped Zeppelli with his arm tho

Don't read this Alfebit

I'm having a hard time remembering if he does anything else in Part 2 that would make him cooler. Also can't say anything else about it in fear of spoilers to him. Speedwagon Foundation in general is pretty cool tho too.

Y'know if you just kinda block up the phrase "Final Fantasy" from 13, and just replace it with "Generic JRPG 13" It turns into a pretty good game! =D

Nah

Snow, Hope, Lightning, and sort of Fang still sucks. I like Sazh and I didn't have a big problem with Vanille. I'm pretty sure a lot did though, but eh. I found her fine especially with her being teamed up with Sazh and her back story.

Alfebit

Banned
he helped Zeppelli with his arm tho
Not really worth the fellating though.
He's pretty endearing and is a fun sidekick. You might of just let yourself get too hyped over just a small, but cool character. Like a fake Solaire Effect.
I guess. Every time he got brought up in here it was followed by tons of " Speedwagon is so fucking cool" posts that I expected an actual cool character, not a narrator.

Don't read this Alfebit

I'm having a hard time remembering if he does anything else in Part 2 that would make him cooler. Also can't say anything else about it in fear of spoilers to him. Speedwagon Foundation in general is pretty cool tho too.
Yeah I think that's pretty much It. Can't remember anything either
Not really worth the fellating though.

I guess. Every time he got brought up in here it was followed by tons of " Speedwagon is so fucking cool" posts that I expected an actual cool character, not a narrator.
You gotta commend the guy though, he knew he had no chance and still went along because he wanted to help that much

After like 10 minutes of playing REmake I've discovered two things
1) This so much slower and clunkier than Silent Hill holy shit I'm so bad at this I died to the first zombie and now I'm lost
2) Jill is hot

croten

1) This so much slower and clunkier than Silent Hill holy shit I'm so bad at this I died to the first zombie and now I'm lost
2) Jill is hot

I noticed that too. Is the knife worse in remake? Also dat bounce

Skrams

2) Jill is hot

I always found it weird how everyone shat on Silent Hill's combat when it seemed fucking insane to me that you could move and shoot in it. It's clunky as hell when you're using a melee weapon sure, but SH games aren't exactly that sparse on ammo. You can shoot a lot of shit in those games. All while moving too. RE got nuthin on that.

Super Best Friends: The Video Game - Matt's Theme

It's pretty hype you guys.

Edit- I broke that link too much, but it should be fixed now.

joe2187

Banned
2) Jill is hot

The games combat is superbly balanced, It's encouraged to choose your encounters and only kill when necessary. If you've picked up all the items in a room and you know you'll never return save your ammo and just run away.

And when you do kill, make sure to make a return trip to burn bodies otherwise "You're gonna have a bad time"

Anyone elses hype deflated to deader than flaccid after watching that new "The Order" trailer?

Alfebit

Banned
Well Tales of Zestiria's OP is out, it's... very different from any other Tales game that's for sure
Link?
Yeah I think that's pretty much It. Can't remember anything either

You gotta commend the guy though, he knew he had no chance and still went along because he wanted to help that much
I'll give him that but he didn't really help at all. Like what I said earlier, he didn't really do anything. I'll just leave it at that. I'm tired, it's 8am and I haven't slept at all.

I always found it weird how everyone shat on Silent Hill's combat when it seemed fucking insane to me that you could move and shoot in it. It's clunky as hell when you're using a melee weapon sure, but SH games aren't exactly that sparse on ammo. You can shoot a lot of shit in those games. All while moving too. RE got nuthin on that.
Melee combat is way more viable too, even the default weapon can stunlock enemies, and you can just back up out of range and go back in for another hit, kinda like Dark souls

I suppose I just can't play it like Silent Hill, where you can actually kill everything if you're careful.

Zenfalcia

Melee combat is way more viable too, even the default weapon can stunlock enemies, and you can just back up out of range and go back in for another hit, kinda like Dark souls

I suppose I just can't play it like Silent Hill, where you can actually kill everything if you're careful.

You gotta lame it out and run away.

joe2187

Banned

You want an RE game with good melee? play RECVX, RE4 and onwards thats all those games are about.

I hate the combat. And how linear it is.

The linearity doesn't get any better until a while into the game, but I don't mind that SE went into telling a story using VA work and not making me read text all of the time.

What it failed to do was hide the linearity like it did in previous FF games.

2) Jill is hot

Wait, you've never played RE1 too? Damn I'm old!

It really doesn't tho

Don't read this Alfebit

Nah

Snow, Hope, Lightning, and sort of Fang still sucks. I like Sazh and I didn't have a big problem with Vanille. I'm pretty sure a lot did though, but eh. I found her fine especially with her being teamed up with Sazh and her back story.

It's not even good enough to be that.

Not really...

Eh, I won't even defend it, it's bad, but 13-2 is worse <.<

Skrams

Anyone elses hype deflated to deader than flaccid after watching that new "The Order" trailer?

Does redbox still exist? All I could think of when watching the trailer was how I wanted to rent the game to know what the fuck it was. If I can't get it at a redbox I might just buy it for 48 at best buy with GCU then trade it in for more best buy points after I beat it. It's gotta be only 5 hours long or something right?

Edit- According to the redbox site and based off assumptions, they don't have PS4/Xbone discs yet. why Except they do for SR4 and Evolve coming up. Still why?

joe2187

Banned
Does redbox still exist? All I could think of when watching the trailer was how I wanted to rent the game to know what the fuck it was. If I can't get it at a redbox I might just buy it for 48 at best buy with GCU then trade it in for more best buy points after I beat it. It's gotta be only 5 hours long or something right?

They took an interesting setting with a great art design and turned it into Gears Of War.

I should have pre-ordered REmake when it was on sale on GMG. Too late now. :(

Too busy chasing them mexican cat girl milfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom