• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Nobody likes juggling

zs1AIbO.gif

Guys, play W101. Also people who have played W101. Stop being bad at W101. It's always weird reading people had frustrations with it. I just can't think of anything that I had a major problem with. The only thing would be all the minigames that I had to relearn new things for. Except that's just me being bummed that I'll get a shitty grade and not being happy about more variety. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones that connected with W101 super easily.

What the fuck am I reading? You never did a blank rising? Just pressing B then A while an enemy was stunned? How the fuck?
Oh I've done ___risings before, just on large bosses to get a few more hits in. I've mostly just used large Unite Hand to do my damage and Dodge/Guts whenever I needed. It just works.

How do you spin around when there's only one button to move forward, and it's the same button all the time.

More games need tank controls.

Haven't adjusted to it. When I want to climb on top of something I'm trying to position myself exactly and I just end up spinning around. Also running away from zombies I just end up spinning in a circle until something happens lol.

Skrams

Oh I've done ___risings before, just on large bosses to get a few more hits in. I've mostly just used large Unite Hand to do my damage and Dodge/Guts whenever I needed. It just works.

It works, but god, that must of been incredibly slow. Does that mean you never used Team Attack either because you rarely stunned opponents?

Now I just want to replay W101 since I only beat it on Normal. W101 so good.

Haven't adjusted to it. When I want to climb on top of something I'm trying to position myself exactly and I just end up spinning around. Also running away from zombies I just end up spinning in a circle until something happens lol.
You're on PS4? I actually use the Dpad with tank controls. Makes it feel a bit more precise.

That's weird cause the worst thing that could happen is you get stuck on the corner of a wall, not spinning around.

You're on PS4? I actually use the Dpad with tank controls. Makes it feel a bit more precise.

Analog stick. I guess I should try the D-pad.

That's weird cause the worst thing that could happen is you get stuck on the corner of a wall, not spinning around.

I don't know how that happens lol, I find myself moving the analog stick not thinking I'm using tank controls and it just results in spinning.

It works, but god, that must of been incredibly slow. Does that mean you never used Team Attack either because you rarely stunned opponents?

Now I just want to replay W101 since I only beat it on Normal. W101 so good.

So that's what Team Attack does, I had my Pikmin mentality on and thought it slowed enemies down or something like that. It wasn't THAT slow, a large Unite Hand can do some pretty big damage

So that's what Team Attack does, I had my Pikmin mentality on and thought it slowed enemies down or something like that. It wasn't THAT slow, a large Unite Hand can do some pretty big damage

Wow, you didn't know about the stun? When you use team attack your heroes will climb on and start hitting it and when it makes a flash and glows yellow that means its time to run train. That's how I started the fight with like almost every enemy.

Why does a Gamecube game look better than most PS4 games and all my Vita games? REmaster looks so fucking good and is actually an amazing game on Vita's remote play. Hardly any input lag and the game's controls work so well for it.

What an amazing port.

croten

Why does a Gamecube game look better than most PS4 games and all my Vita games? REmaster looks so fucking good and is actually an amazing game on Vita's remote play. Hardly any input lag and the game's controls work so well for it.

What an amazing port.
Pre-rendered backgrounds.

Skrams

internalscreamingintensifies.jpeg

Pikmin. I'm crying. It's a character action game. That's all it is.

I'd say it's pretty easy to see how people would have problems with the game. It's not a stretch to say that W101 is an obtuse game. A lot of what you need to know comes in very unimpressionable tool tips which not only are easy to miss if you're absorbed in playing the game, but sometimes they don't convey what they're trying to say clearly.

It being obtuse I can understand. I watched a few of Saur's videos on it beforehand so I got the basic concepts. Watching him team attack, rising, juggle, create another sword to continue juggle, tombstone, rising, rising, create sword to continue juggle, tombstone, rocket or whatever combination it was let me know how to approach the game.

To be fair, the team attack is similar to pikmin's rush where if they both rush and climb up the enemy before it can shake them off, it's results in a stun. It's entirely different after that fact though.

Pre-rendered backgrounds.

Good art. Really good art.

It's so god damn amazing.

mrmyhthef

It's basically Viewtiful Joe X Okami X Pikmin.

EDIT: Random W101 trivia:

Wonder-White has the character on his head which stands for 'hundred', but in the later chapters
when the suits are damaged, it loses the line at the top and becomes the character for 'white'

I thought it was neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom