• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Oh haha, nevermind, I totally didn't have the game on way higher settings than my computer could handle and was moving in slow motion

Ahaha...

Ahahaha...

hqdefault.jpg

Ok, but with the way you guys practically fellate him I expected something more.

I guess you're just deficient as a human being. It's not our fault that you somehow missed out on Robert E. O. Speedwagon. It's yours. I have no more words to exchange with you. Fuck you.

No but it's seriously only because of that scene with Dio and then "Speedwagon withdraws coolly." He's a noble criminal who's wise in the ways of men, and that's rad, even if he basically accomplishes nothing. His legacy as the founder of the Speedwagon Foundation also helps a lot.

Was actually interested in taking my schools web design course (with coding and etc) until I found out I had to watch 4-6 hour videos a week. If I had 4-6 hours to do nothing but watch videos every week I'd have to quit working smh.

Is that actually a thing? I can barely get past easy mode

YOU STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED WONDERFUL 101 AND YOU BOUGHT LEGEND OF HEROES AND YOU'RE PLAYING HUNIE POP INSTEAD?

Finally beat Wonderful101... when does it get good?
Jk, even though I had my ups and down with it, I couldn't ask for a better grand finale. Totally worth going through some of the frustrations to see that.
Now I'm gonna go back and get all the collectibles, how hard is it to get pure platinum on every mission? I managed to get all S rank in MGR on revengence difficulty if that helps gives any indication

Finally beat Wonderful101... when does it get good?
Jk, even though I had my ups and down with it, I couldn't ask for a better grand finale. Totally worth going through some of the frustrations to see that.
Now I'm gonna go back and get all the collectibles, how hard is it to get pure platinum on every mission? I managed to get all S rank in MGR on revengence difficulty if that helps gives any indication

You shouldn't have much problem then. As you get more skills your flexability in combat is a lot greater and you're able to start juggling the tougher enemies. Plus, starting off missions with more heroes just makes each level laughably easy from the start.

Umm...Erm...IM DOING IT FOR SCIENTIFIC REASONS AND RESEARCH THINGS. THE STUDY OF WAIFUOLGY IS SERIOUS.

Remember that tiny bit of respect I said I had for you after buying Legend of Heroes? Now you're at like .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

You shouldn't have much problem then. As you get more skills your flexability in combat is a lot greater and you're able to start juggling the tougher enemies. Plus, starting off missions with more heroes just makes each level laughably easy from the start.

Had to search what juggling was in W101, I don't think i've ever juggled an enemy before

Are you sure? When you move the stick in a direction, Jill will actually move in that direction. You can almost say its like magic

Ehh, it looks really bad imo. Simply turning off tank controls in a game where the games challenge comes solely from it's controls feels like it can really fuck the game up. And considering how the fixed camera works, you'll probably run into a lot of situations where you're running down a hallway, then the camera angle just changes and it leaves your Chris/Jill awkwardly spinning in a circle for a split second, kind of like DMC 1.

And it just looks awkward.

Skrams

Guys, play W101. Also people who have played W101. Stop being bad at W101. It's always weird reading people had frustrations with it. I just can't think of anything that I had a major problem with. The only thing would be all the minigames that I had to relearn new things for. Except that's just me being bummed that I'll get a shitty grade and not being happy about more variety. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones that connected with W101 super easily.

Had to search what juggling was in W101, I don't think i've ever juggled an enemy before

What the fuck am I reading? You never did a blank rising? Just pressing B then A while an enemy was stunned? How the fuck?

mrmyhthef

headexplodinggifthatidontwanttopostbecauseitstoographic.gif

Guys, play W101. Also people who have played W101. Stop being bad at W101. It's always weird reading people had frustrations with it. I just can't think of anything that I had a major problem with. The only thing would be all the minigames that I had to relearn new things for. Except that's just me being bummed that I'll get a shitty grade and not being happy about more variety. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones that connected with W101 super easily.

I'd say it's pretty easy to see how people would have problems with the game. It's not a stretch to say that W101 is an obtuse game. A lot of what you need to know comes in very unimpressionable tool tips which not only are easy to miss if you're absorbed in playing the game, but sometimes they don't convey what they're trying to say clearly.

Zenfalcia

This fucker has had the game for several months and he STILL hasn't played it even though I told him like hundreds of times to play it because its Kamiya and Platinum and its amazing. AND HE STILL WON'T DO IT.

The worst.

It's fine!!!
I had persona 3 since january and barely finished it before the end of summer. To make things worst, i have mgs collection for almost 2 years now and didn't even take it out of the wrapping.

You love it tho.

I want to buy W101, but I got so much other shit to play right now.

P3P, FE:A, PQ. All these super long games that are just devouring my life.

Ehh, it looks really bad imo. Simply turning off tank controls in a game where the games challenge comes solely from it's controls feels like it can really fuck the game up. And considering how the fixed camera works, you'll probably run into a lot of situations where you're running down a hallway, then the camera angle just changes and it leaves your Chris/Jill awkwardly spinning in a circle for a split second, kind of like DMC 1.

And it just looks awkward.

I find myself spinning around with the tank controls alot, but I do agree.

I never had problems with the combat either. I've played Platinum games, Pikmin, and Okami so I guess I'm just used to how that game's combat blends all those games together and adds its own twist.

It's fine!!!
I had persona 3 since january and barely finished it before the end of summer. To make things worst, i have mgs collection for almost 2 years now and didn't even take it out of the wrapping.

You love it tho.

Its ok, I've had Last of Us Remaster since the summer and I never played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom