• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got out of Japanese class. I think I might enjoy this. Who wants to guess the people that were in there?

Also fuck going to sleep early, I somehow ended up gettin less sleep because I tried that. Never doing that again

WHAT THE FUCK, WHY WAS THAT ZOMBIE SO TOUGH.

IT WAS FUCKING RUNNING AND EVERYTHING.
Lol crimson head?

First person dungeon crawler you say?
FD940A13223977D9309A473427DA9E35E385312D

Is that Grimrock? I still need to get around to playing them at some point.

Jman014

So I just got out of Japanese class. I think I might enjoy this. Who wants to guess the people that were in there?

Also fuck going to sleep early, I somehow ended up gettin less sleep because I tried that. Never doing that again
Weebs
like u
JK maybe
Is that Grimrock? I still need to get around to playing them at some point.

Yup it LoG 1. 2 is out and features open environments.

KumaJG

Welcome!
We talk about the best friends and nothing else.
We like to go off topic from time to time
Here some questions:
Who's your Waifu(s)
Favorite Anime/Manga
Favorite Serie
Favorite video game series
Life or Hometown?
Do you know about the manga Prison school?

Hmm haven't fill this out yet

1. Don't have one
2. Favorite Current Manga(s): Berserk,Kingdom,The Breaker, Toriko, Ajin and Silver Spoon
Anime: Hellsing
3. Don't have a favorite series
4. Same above
5. I know about prison school, don't read it though.

Skrams

So. Replaying ff 7. I can't remember why I liked this game.

Because it's a good game? The materia system is really fun to mess around with and Midgar as the starting area isn't half bad. I should replay it eventually to see if I can make heads or tails of the story since all I remember is the translation is bad and weird dream sequences.

Also

1. Dreamcast
2. JoJo/Ippo/Gurren/KLK/Toradora/Golden Boy/Mushishi/Porco Rosso if that counts/Boku no Hero Academia is really good
3. Of what? I dunno, Ippo is cool
4. Souls I guess?
5. Hometown
6. Hana best girl

Because it's a good game? The materia system is really fun to mess around with and Midgar as the starting area isn't half bad. I should replay it eventually to see if I can make heads or tails of the story since all I remember is the translation is bad and weird dream sequences.
Yeah, the game itself iss great, no question but man...cloud and crew not so much.

Yeah, the game itself iss great, no question but man...cloud and crew not so much.

That's mostly because weebs
like Joose /jk
latched onto the idea of Cloud as a member of My Chemical Romance, ironically mirroring Cloud himself in a bizarre way. His actual character, and the development of said character, is pretty cool

like Joose /jk
latched onto the idea of Cloud as a member of My Chemical Romance, ironically mirroring Cloud himself in a bizarre way. His actual character, and the development of said character, is pretty cool
I'm playing it right now. I can see cloud be an emo prick. Look, there he goes now!
Maybe I just need to give it more time. Still not out of midgar yet.

Skrams

Eh, I thought it was super weird and neat to be playing as terrorists. Tifa is an alright childhood friend. Barret is a Mr T and motherfuckers all over the place while shooting with his gun arm. Aeris is Aerith. Cid is cool and smokes or something. Yuffie and Vincent are kind of nothing. Red XIII is super fucking cool. Cait Sith will never be used in the party, but has a neat back story. Cloud cross-dresses and sometimes cracks wise. I think it's a pretty alright cast of characters.

I'm playing it right now. I can see cloud be an emo prick. Look, there he goes now!
Maybe I just need to give it more time. Still not out of midgar yet.

Man, I just do not remember Cloud ever really being emo in the game.
Only dream sequences later where he's lost in his mind or some shit.
I blame Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, and fanart.

mike0dude

Eh, I thought it was super weird and neat to be playing as terrorists. Tifa is an alright childhood friend. Barret is a Mr T and motherfuckers all over the place while shooting with his gun arm. Aeris is Aerith. Cid is cool and smokes or something. Yuffie and Vincent are kind of nothing. Red XIII is super fucking cool. Cait Sith will never be used in the party, but has a neat back story. Cloud cross-dresses and sometimes cracks wise. I think it's a pretty alright cast of characters.

cloud gets molested by a bunch of sweaty gay men in a bar.

Not too much. Chocobo racing, cross dressing, aerith, and my general opinion that I liked it.

Alright, I'll keep the spoilers to a minimum from here on out

Make sure you play with the moogles in the Golden Saucer and don't worry about looking up the password to the safe in the Shinra Mansion

Jman014

Man people are fucking sensitive about The Order: 1886
The only thing I don't get is the claim that 30 fps is cinematic. I don't get that when I play games at 30. I won't complain much about games at 30 but 60 or higher is always welcome in my book.

David Cage lives! Pre order now to get the David Cage protagonist trilogy pack where the player characters from previous games appear and hang out with you! YOU LOVE IT!

The only thing I don't get is the claim that 30 fps is cinematic. I don't get that when I play games at 30. I won't complain much about games at 30 but 60 or higher is always welcome in my book.

David Cage lives! Pre order now to get the David Cage protagonist trilogy pack where the player characters from previous games appear and hang out with you! YOU LOVE IT!

Cage's gonna try to tell a story about racism this time, I know he is
It's gonna be set in the 60s with a black protagonist and it's gonna be super intriguing right up until the scene where it turns out MLK never died, is actually a computer from the 2100s, and all black people are living in a virtual reality. And then they'll all sing a traditional african folk song to escape.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind an HD Indigo Prophecy if only because it's terrible dumb shit is absolutely hilarious and not as cringe inducing as something like Beyond.

I don't get the kind of people online who go out of their way to defend it. Especially after those moronic developer comments.

O wait its a PS4 exclusive.

Jman014

Cage's gonna try to tell a story about racism this time, I know he is
It's gonna be set in the 60s with a black protagonist and it's gonna be super intriguing right up until the scene where it turns out MLK never died, is actually a computer from the 2100s, and all black people are living in a virtual reality. And then they'll all sing a traditional african folk song to escape.

It might as well be a crossover game.
We know that Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls take place in the same world since there's a newspaper in Beyond Two Souls about the origami killer

like Joose /jk
Son there were much worse people than me there, going to type that shit up right now.
Does he? I don't remember that at all.
When he dresses as a girl to get into the whore club or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom