• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might as well be a crossover game.
We know that Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls take place in the same world since there's a newspaper in Beyond Two Souls about the origami killer

When Tyler left to go to florida he was actually abducted into the virtual world a la Yu Gi Oh season 3

Cage's gonna try to tell a story about racism this time, I know he is
It's gonna be set in the 60s with a black protagonist and it's gonna be super intriguing right up until the scene where it turns out MLK never died, is actually a computer from the 2100s, and all black people are living in a virtual reality. And then they'll all sing a traditional african folk song to escape.
Wait, he's gonna handle race issues? Oh this'll be a fun wreck to watch.

Wait, he's gonna handle race issues? Oh this'll be a fun wreck to watch.

That's a thing I made up
But hey, why not?

Ooh, what narrative style do you think he's gonna try next? I vote heavily episodic like TWD, but they're all going to be tied into one long main narrative with no smaller chapter-by-chapter stories to actually make the format work

Bioshock was super tame about racism, bad or not

To be fair, the first half of that game was really compelling as far as its handling of race
I remember my reaction at the lottery being something like "OH FUCK NO YOU I'M NOT DOING THIS SHIT"

I'm talking more along the lines of:

Shit Writer + Racism = Hot Mess

A david cage game would be most likely showing how xenophobic some parts of France are RE: Muslims.

I...never played that.

Spoilers:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFKX-Y2u7DY

Anung

Un Rama
Could it possibly be any worse than Bioshock:Infinite?

No way it could be that bad. Columbia's racism was portrayed as bad when it was in fact not as harsh as many places in the mainline U.S at the time. Basically the game was too scared to follow through with its ideas.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I...never played that.
It's alright. You aren't missing much, really. Fun little shooter with a pretty good story.

I never played the DLC, is it good?

I'm talking more along the lines of:

Shit Writer + Racism = Hot Mess
This will be me after the shitstorm that is this games development.
i0i3MerRHyCjZ.gif

Jman014

It's alright. You aren't missing much, really. Fun little shooter with a pretty good story.

I never played the DLC, is it good?

This will be me after the shitstorm that is this games development.
i0i3MerRHyCjZ.gif
The two Burial at Sea episodes are apparently pretty good.
The other dlc not so much

No way it could be that bad. Columbia's racism was portrayed as bad when it was in fact not as harsh as many places in the mainline U.S at the time. Basically the game was too scared to follow through with its ideas.
The plot almost completely detaches from it to focus on Booker and Liz anyway.

Alright so Japanese class, here we go. I get there early and I go up to lean against a wall to wait, dude sitting next to me is watching some anime on his tablet and in my head I'm just like "OH BOY HERE WE GO" and I just start lurking this thread on my phone. Eventually the door opens and everyone starts going in, I take a seat and see an asian lady and I'm like "Wait you don't look like a Mari Lopez ohhhh wait" in my head. So yeah, Japanese Mari not the hispanic one. Anyways I take a few discreet glances from time to time, some normal looking people, some weeby ones, about what I'd expect. Class was fun, she made us laugh a few times. So anyways, token tiny weeb girl is with token black weeb guy and she's introducing them both to someone when I hear her call TBWG her "brother" and I'm just thinking "OHHHHHHHH BUDDY"

So yeah, I'm going to enjoy this class. Teacher also wants us to call her Sensei so yeah, I'm just hoping I don't trip over my dick and let "senpai" slip out.

you know, I don't get it, If Columbia is so racist, Why the fuck don't they just NOT let the black people on...

Because that wasn't the point of racism. If you can't remind people that they're filth to their face, then, really, what is the point of purporting your superiority as a race?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
you know, I don't get it, If Columbia is so racist, Why the fuck don't they just NOT let the black people on...
Who would they look down upon? The poor?

The racism in that game is horrible in that it shows up as a 'gameplay mechanic', and even when you're fighting for that lady who is black, there is nothing said about her skin color.

So it shows up and leaves.

Jman014

Yo

What's up in the land of BestGaf today?
Waiting to go to a dental appointment. Think some people in here are enjoying RE atm.
Alright so Japanese class, here we go. I get there early and I go up to lean against a wall to wait, dude sitting next to me is watching some anime on his tablet and in my head I'm just like "OH BOY HERE WE GO" and I just start lurking this thread on my phone. Eventually the door opens and everyone starts going in, I take a seat and see an asian lady and I'm like "Wait you don't look like a Mari Lopez ohhhh wait" in my head. So yeah, Japanese Mari not the hispanic one. Anyways I take a few discreet glances from time to time, some normal looking people, some weeby ones, about what I'd expect. Class was fun, she made us laugh a few times. So anyways, token tiny weeb girl is with token black weeb guy and she's introducing them both to someone when I hear her call TBWG her "brother" and I'm just thinking "OHHHHHHHH BUDDY"

So yeah, I'm going to enjoy this class. Teacher also wants us to call her Sensei so yeah, I'm just hoping I don't trip over my dick and let "senpai" slip out.
Don't get too excited, now.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

This should have been the first thing out of your mouth.

Not sure I can reply to, but that's pretty funny.

So anyways, token tiny weeb girl is with token black weeb guy and she's introducing them both to someone when I hear her call TBWG her "brother" and I'm just thinking "OHHHHHHHH BUDDY"

OH MAN JOOSEBAWCKS IS IN A SLICE OF LIFE ANIMU!

Please call your teacher senpai :3
Just for us.

God damn I am so lost in REmaster. Fuck it, I'll play this game another time when I actually have some time. Can't keep wasting my save inks in short bursts. This definitely isn't a pick up and play kind of game.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
God damn I am so lost in REmaster. Fuck it, I'll play this game another time when I actually have some time. Can't keep wasting my save inks in short bursts. This definitely isn't a pick up and play kind of game.

Every single game in my backlog is the opposite of pick-up-and-play.

Fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom