• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't consider bioshock a hot mess, it was more of a cool, tepid mess.

This. Mediocre, schizophrenic gameplay that was decently amusing when you were using the rails + fun little dimension-jumping story is eons better than Cage's shit. I really enjoyed it while I played it, and I liked the ending a lot, but I've grown to like the game a lot less since it came out and I realized how much more interesting the game could have been.
Who would they look down upon? The poor?

The racism in that game is horrible in that it shows up as a 'gameplay mechanic', and even when you're fighting for that lady who is black, there is nothing said about her skin color.

So it shows up and leaves.

I don't understand. Gameplay mechanic? Nothing said about her skin color? Her whole character is that she's a black revolutionary overturning the white assholes in charge, but it turns out she's also an asshole. People keep talking about how she's a black devil and shit. The way the game fails racewise is that it drops that whole storyline and has it become about power corrupting and revenge in the clumsiest way possible.
She almost shoots a white kid in the face for no raisin so you stop her
and the message is that revenge is bad but also so is racism whatever go do dimensions and shit

Don't get too excited, now.
All I can think of is "don't get cocky senpai"
Not sure I can reply to, but that's pretty funny.
There were a few times in that class where I had to hold back any form of smiling or laughing in my face REALLY fucking hard.
This should have been the first thing out of your mouth.

OH MAN JOOSEBAWCKS IS IN A SLICE OF LIFE ANIMU!

Please call your teacher senpai :3
Just for us.
The day that shit slips out of my mouth I am notifying you fuckers as soon as I get out of class.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I don't understand. Gameplay mechanic? Nothing said about her skin color? Her whole character is that she's a black revolutionary overturning the white assholes in charge, but it turns out she's also an asshole. People keep talking about how she's a black devil and shit. The way the game fails racewise is that it drops that whole storyline and has it become about power corrupting and revenge in the clumsiest way possible.
and the message is that revenge is bad but also so is racism whatever go do dimensions and shit

I literally don't remember any of that.

Can you blame me?

Alright so Japanese class, here we go. I get there early and I go up to lean against a wall to wait, dude sitting next to me is watching some anime on his tablet and in my head I'm just like "OH BOY HERE WE GO" and I just start lurking this thread on my phone. Eventually the door opens and everyone starts going in, I take a seat and see an asian lady and I'm like "Wait you don't look like a Mari Lopez ohhhh wait" in my head. So yeah, Japanese Mari not the hispanic one. Anyways I take a few discreet glances from time to time, some normal looking people, some weeby ones, about what I'd expect. Class was fun, she made us laugh a few times. So anyways, token tiny weeb girl is with token black weeb guy and she's introducing them both to someone when I hear her call TBWG her "brother" and I'm just thinking "OHHHHHHHH BUDDY"

So yeah, I'm going to enjoy this class. Teacher also wants us to call her Sensei so yeah, I'm just hoping I don't trip over my dick and let "senpai" slip out.

Just call her Senpai and see her reaction. Who knows, she might be into it.

The way the game fails racewise is that it drops that whole storyline and has it become about power corrupting and revenge in the clumsiest way possible.

This gets back-pedalled so fucking hard in Burial at Sea

God damn I am so lost in REmaster. Fuck it, I'll play this game another time when I actually have some time. Can't keep wasting my save inks in short bursts. This definitely isn't a pick up and play kind of game.

Where are you?

I never played that. What, do they bring it back?

As much as I dislike Infinite, I really suggest you play Burial at Sea for yourself. It solidifies the original BioShock as the best of the 3, in my opinion

360pages

Okay, time to research France for my story about a cross country journey!

"Opens Map of France"

Oh god, so much stuff...towns, Cities...I don't even know where to start.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
As much as I dislike Infinite, I really suggest you play Burial at Sea for yourself. It solidifies the original BioShock as the best of the 3, in my opinion

Bioshock was my first M game. Super special to me.

Goddamn that game is amazing. I love it so much.

image.php

rekt

I still don't know what that shit was supposed to be
Like, Elizabeth's going through all the dimensions murdering Comstocks
/Bookers
? Why? What's her goal?

An alternate Elizabeth chases down a Comstock, after he killed a child Elizabeth during an alternate abduction scene in Infinite, to Rapture before it fell in the original BioShock. Then it gets complicated

If she is I'm sure her husband does that for her lol

Thanks. If I make friends with the anime kids I'll probably fuck around

Oh geez, well nevermind then <.< I mean don't be like me and be underage and absurdly intoxicated then hit on married women. It worked for me kind of, but ehhh..not the best way to go about your life.

Then look for dogs as well as another emblem, maybe one of a different material

I figured I need another emblem to replace the one I took because according to the map there's still an item in that room (and wild guess the old one has to replace the new one to avoid some kind of trap) but I haven't found another emblem get. I'll keep looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom