• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Heavy Rain, I make a point of avoiding garbage.

I still can't believe he made three games about his shitty waifu. Square is no more.

I have no faith in Type 0 HD and FFXV
I got faith in FFXV. Nomura was once the lead director, so the gameplay should be good. Type-0 is, however, the most deflating thing that I have ever seen.

Why is it not on the Vita?

360pages

Apart from Heavy Rain, I make a point of avoiding garbage.

I still can't believe he made three games about his shitty waifu. Square is no more.

I heard Type 0 is actually pretty fun.

But legit, not even FF7 got 3 direct sequels only one and that was a movie and some spin offs. Hell, only FFX had the balls to name it X-2.

They made 3 game focusing on the same cast, when 1 was more than enough. I'd say FF13-2 was probably the best from a gameplay standpoint.

I heard Type 0 is actually pretty fun.

But legit, not even FF7 got 3 direct sequels only one and that was a movie and some spin offs. Hell, only FFX had the balls to name it X-2.

They made 3 game focusing on the same cast, when 1 was more than enough. I'd say FF13-2 was probably the best from a gameplay standpoint.

I loved collecting monsters in 13-2. Using a tonberry or even Gilgamesh on your team was the fucking hypest.

Xiraiya

Everything I've seen of Type 0 looks pretty awesome and all the things I have seen people say about it so far have put at the point of being one of the best FF games in quite awhile, not something even the pathetic ones that touch themselves to the FF13 games say.

Something to consider.

Yeah, it was legit awesome, probably the best parts of the game. Considering that the party of X13 was like clams, I rather have Gilgamesh on my team than Snow.

I really liked Noel and Serrah too as they were a lot more fun and laid back than most FF characters in general. Plus it's time mechanic is probably one of my favorites, especially after you beat the game and get the paradox item and get to see all those weird endings. I very rarely go for extras in games, but 13-2 imo has some of the best extra content/collectibles I've seen in a game.

I also love that if you're just doing the story the game is about 10-12 hours, but with all the extra content it can take around 50 hours. I wish more JRPGs were structured like FF13-2

360pages

I really liked Noel and Serrah too as they were a lot more fun and laid back than most FF characters in general. Plus it's time mechanic is probably one of my favorites, especially after you beat the game and get the paradox item and get to see all those weird endings. I very rarely go for extras in games, but 13-2 imo has some of the best extra content/collectibles I've seen in a game.

I also love that if you're just doing the story the game is about 10-12 hours, but with all the extra content it can take around 50 hours. I wish more JRPGs were structured like FF13-2

Yeah, it was fun, actually felt closer to a FF game than the first or third. Plus the DLC was actually really cool for once.

Jman014

I don't drink!
That movie is so coooool

I keep seeing the name Toriyama being thrown around and quickly realising we're not talking about DBZ, what's up with that

I haven't seen the movie but I like how Matt says Red Line in the video about him buying too much stuff.

Quick talk about DBZ Toriyama.

Yeah, it was fun, actually felt closer to a FF game than the first or third. Plus the DLC was actually really cool for once.

I wouldn't say it felt closer to an FF, unless you were talking mostly about 5. 13-2 was much more light hearted and it's paradigm system was much more like 5's job system compared to the other games just normal classes. Also Gilgamesh. And I had fun with the DLC though the lightning DLC was the only one I'd consider not good.

Yo Frienders, listen to me for a minute while I go into shill mode. If anyone's interested in a fantastic show, check out Justified. It's currently on it's last season on FX, and Amazon instant video has all the episodes on it if I recall correctly. If you want a show that has some of the best writing and acting on cable tv, watch Justified. Alright, i'm done being a shill.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yo Frienders, listen to me for a minute while I go into shill mode. If anyone's interested in a fantastic show, check out Justified. It's currently on it's last season on FX, and Amazon instant video has all the episodes on it if I recall correctly. If you want a show that has some of the best writing and acting on cable tv, watch Justified. Alright, i'm done being a shill.

Fuck Yeah! Justified kicks ass! Everyone watch it!

I'm not sure because I'm a child who follows the rules
hasn't had a chance
, but I suspect I'm an emotional drunk.

Y'all cowards, don't even smoke crack
I can be. Depends on what I drink. Vodka makes me super happy beers ryour usual stumbling loud drunk and I don't drink tequila no more.

I can't drink and no one will drink with me. So I have no clue if I'm a sad drunk
Oh...
Well, if it cheers you up, I just bought my copy yesterday, so yay !
Fucking Gearbox.

Fuck randy pitchford.

I wonder how long they are gonna sit on the duke nukem license and do nothing with it.

Emouse

IIRC anytime I drink anything I go into a state where everything is funny and everyone's face needs to be touched

There was also one time I decided to squeeze everyone's biceps? And then went on to tell all the girls I know that they're super tough muscle ladies, two pitchers of girly drinks will do that apparently

Xiraiya

That would actually be so fun tho.

Except you would all get over-excited by each other at first and get carried away, then it would spiral into you all getting depressed about whatever and the combined emotions would lead you guys to crying at each other, or start raging at each other.

That doesn't sound fun for me.

And that's just the first 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom