• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been feeling depressed lately, but this thread really helps fight against that.

It also gets in the way of me doing work for university.

Honestly, thanks guys.

I may not understand half the shit that goes on here sometimes, but I do appreciate every one of you.

Even you Abu.

zvhGRVu.gif

sjay1994

Fries? Do you mean chips?
:p

Going to the UK is the weirdest fucking thing.

Someone offers you chips, you say ok, expecting some Lay's.

You get fries.

You then get confused, your guest replies "oh, you want some crisps"... you say sure. You get a lays bag with the words "Walkers" on it, and are even more confused.

They then offer you yorkshire pudding, and you expect dessert. Instead its a breakfast pastry.

Finally they want to take you to Picadilly Circus. You get excited because you have never been to a circus before..... and its just a roundabout.

Nothing but lies in England.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I've been feeling depressed lately, but this thread really helps fight against that.

It also gets in the way of me doing work for university.

Honestly, thanks guys.

I may not understand half the shit that goes on here sometimes, but I do appreciate every one of you.

Even you Abu.

No prob, bob. Hope you feel better. Also, this thread deals with mental health. I gave it to three of my clinically depressed friends. All of them said it helped.

You get fries.

You then get confused, your guest replies "oh, you want some crisps"... you say sure. You get a lays bag with the words "Walkers" on it, and are even more confused.

They then offer you yorkshire pudding, and you expect dessert. Instead its a breakfast pastry.

Finally they want to take you to Picadilly Circus. You get excited because you have never been to a circus before..... and its just a roundabout.

More importantly, terrible food.

The only reason I ever go to Wendy's is to dip shit in Frosty's.

Fries are the obvious, but has anyone ever dipped a Chicken Nugget in a Frosty? Shit is so goddamn good, it's unfair.

croten

You get fries.

Lay's is dumb, it's fucking called Walkers. They're crisps. Yokshire puddings are actually more commonly eaten with dinner, at least in my experience

anyone whos playing Xenoblade keep an eye out for a hidden shop in Mechonis Field
gotta do some stuff to get to it
has some nice Seven gear and new armor for shulk

sjay1994

No prob, bob. Hope you feel better. Also, this thread deals with mental health. I gave it to three of my clinically depressed friends. All of them said it helped.

Thanks. The depression is mostly steeming from family issues though. My mother is apparently in the early stages of Alzheimer's.

Problem is, she is only 50 and is too young to be having Alzheimer's. Everytime my dad calls me to check up on me, it always devolves into him telling me how messed up everything at home is, the fact that he is in pain, and has no idea how to help my mom. None of us know how to help her.

We expect its because of some family issues that I don't feel comfortable discussing, but my mom doesn't seem to want to improve.

My entire family life is a mess.

But this thread helps me relax.

Well, i'm turning in early tonight. Midterms start tomorrow and I may starting looking into colleges early, despite having one more year after this one ends.

Mayo here in the Netherlands is sublime and is super popular. I couldn't help but laugh when a buddy of mine, who always puts tons mayo on his fries, came back from a three month trip to Quebec (Canada) and one of the first thing he said was that the mayo tasted like shit and went and bought a bag of french fries and just drowned it in dutch Mayo.

I've tried mayo on fries before, it's awesome. Mixing mayo with ketchup is also really good.

Mayo here in the Netherlands is sublime and is super popular. I couldn't help but laugh when a buddy of mine, who always puts tons mayo on his fries, came back from a three month trip to Quebec (Canada) and one of the first thing he said was that the mayo tasted like shit and went and bought a bag of french fries and just drowned it in dutch Mayo.

Sounds delicious.

I should visit the Netherlands once my passport comes in.

sjay1994

Well duh, no one here uses Mayo on fries.

We slather ours with gravy and cheese and call it a day.

Fries should only ever be used with ketchup. You're disgusting if you dip it in anything else, especially hummus.

Edit: BBQ sauce is the only exception, and even then, that's only if you don't have ketchup.

Try making it yourself. I find making my own steak to be really fan, even more so than just cooking in general. Maybe it's because I love steak so much. There's more than one way to make it, so you could try experimenting.

Cooking is so much fun. I love it.

Awesome, thank you. You go Korra!
You think I can cook? At best I can put something in a oven and hope it doesn't burn

It's pretty much our life style. Would you also like to buy a pair of trousers?

Fries should only ever be used with ketchup. You're disgusting if you dip it in anything else, especially hummus.

Edit: BBQ sauce is the only exception, and even then, that's only if you don't have ketchup.
Where is you hipster pride? Shouldn't we be dipping it in something no one has heard of?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
There is a dedicated group of people in North America who swear by dunking their French fries in fake milkshakes. Sauce on fries is really common here
The hell are fake milkshakes?
The only reason I ever go to Wendy's is to dip shit in Frosty's.

Fries are the obvious, but has anyone ever dipped a Chicken Nugget in a Frosty? Shit is so goddamn good, it's unfair.
Fries and Frostys are the perfect union. Hot and cold. Salty and sweet. Creamy and crunchy.
Thanks. The depression is mostly steeming from family issues though. My mother is apparently in the early stages of Alzheimer's.

Problem is, she is only 50 and is too young to be having Alzheimer's. Everytime my dad calls me to check up on me, it always devolves into him telling me how messed up everything at home is, the fact that he is in pain, and has no idea how to help my mom. None of us know how to help her.

We expect its because of some family issues that I don't feel comfortable discussing, but my mom doesn't seem to want to improve.

My entire family life is a mess.

But this thread helps me relax.
We literally never leave, so you are always going to be welcomed by someone. We'll help you out.

Well, i'm turning in early tonighf. Midterms start tomorrow and I may starting looking into colleges early, despite having one more year after this one ends.
The best part about not being able to afford college is that I have one option and thats it. Relieves a lot of pressure. Going to a community college in Minneapolis that is actually one of the top in the nation, so everything will work out.

That's my personal philosophy. No matter what goes wrong or what plans go awry, it'll work out.

Where is you hipster pride? Shouldn't we be dipping it in something no one has heard of?

I'm surprisingly accepting when it comes to food. Other than the fries thing, I don't have any personal preferences.

Though pickles on a burger is best girl. If you could only ever put one thing on a burger, it should be pickles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom