• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved

Same here costs $9 when converted. They generally get greedy with the ingredients as well, so we lose either way.

I know, right? Like, a medium Pizza from domino's costs like $16 dollers at least, but I would still eat up like a fucking animal. I like pizza too much.

Jesus Christ man where do you live. That pricing is nuts.

Everytime I've had subway it's been super good, a good sandwich with meat and tomato and lettuce etc. You can't go wrong with the healthiness unless you deliberately order something that is meat and sauce filled beyond reason.

The meat has never been lower quality than any other place that I get food from.

I've had nothing but sub par experiences at subway, but I also have a nice variety of deli options in NY that most people around the country do not have immediate access to.
Relative to fresh delicatessen cuts, subway can't match up in price, quality, or taste compared to something I can get from Katz Deli or Carnegie Deli or Cherry Valley. Especially good pastrami. That is hard to come by.

YOOOOO
THIS MAN KNOW
THIS MAN KNOW
I just adore Fried Chicken, but every KFC I've ever been to has been soggy-ass sorry chicken. Absolutely terrible. I make better shit myself with some grease and a pan.

Hell I've gotten better chicken from a supermarket deli.

For some reason I thought KFC would be incredible in the home state, so hearing that is disappointing.

Because one meal from mcdonalds runs me under 6 dollars and can keep me going all day
places like wendys run anywhere from 6-9.
And I'm a poor college student who would rather buy videogames than more expensive food

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you but 6 is too much for a single meal for me. Hell even 4 is stretching it for me

360pages

Eva is something you love or hate. If it relates to you, and you relate to the characters than you will love the later half of the series. If you there for the mecha, there are far better series for something like that. Ergo, it's not for everyone and doesn't have a mass appeal that some other series have.

I hated the robot bits save for Asuka's scene in EoE and liked the characters and the story. I only really started liking it after
Shinji became one with the cockpit goo in
episode 16 or 17 or whatever
Yeah, I really started loving this show when it dropped the focus on the robot shit, and started focusing on the character's states.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you but 6 is too much for a single meal for me. Hell even 4 is stretching it for me

I usually only go for more expensive places if I'm eating with friends but if I can stick to things that cost me a five dollar bill and some change and make me feel full, I'm damn happy

croten

Eva is something you love or hate. If it relates to you, and you relate to the characters than you will love the later half of the series. If you there for the mecha, there are far better series for something like that.

I don't know why anyone would go into it for the mecha or action.

Eva is something you love or hate. If it relates to you, and you relate to the characters than you will love the later half of the series. If you there for the mecha, there are far better series for something like that. Ergo, it's not for everyone and doesn't have a mass appeal that some other series have.

I was there because anime fans told me its one of the greatest mechas/deconstructions of a trope I'll ever see and what I got was just some really disappointing garbage. I've luckily filled that void with other stuff, which makes me hate EVA even more.

360pages

I don't know why anyone would go into it for the mecha or action.

Not now, since it's been spoiled to hell and back, but someone going into it blind without knowing the kind of mindscrew it was would be disappointed.

I don't care about Eva, don't hate it, but I really don't think it's all that great.

That's why I don't really like Eva, I was looking for something to get me started on the mecha genre and for some dumb reason I picked Eva as a starting point

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I was there because anime fans told me its one of the greatest mechas/deconstructions of a trope I'll ever see and what I got was just some really disappointing garbage. I've luckily filled that void with other stuff, which makes me hate EVA even more.

IDGAF about deconstructions but I love the Psychological aspect of it. And the characters are fucking fantastic.

360pages

Eva is not a deconstruction.

It is not like Earthbound for Mecah or anything like that. The Mechas are just there so the writer can tell their message without people leaving halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom