• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outrun doesn't have any new modes. Just a looooooot of options. Nothing like After Burner's arrange mode or anything, though.

Galaxy Force II is SUPER worth it, though. Get it. And also Shinobi III. Which has retroactively ruined all other Shinobi III releases for me, since it has a new control setting which gives you dedicated sword and block buttons. It's the way Shinobi III SHOULD be played.
Ah, well that's still good though. The amount of care already put into the options in these 3D Classics is super commendable. M2's on a whole other level.

Also is that the Shinobi game that had the bootleg copyright characters like Batman for enemies or was that a different Shinobi?
I'll admit, I have little knowledge of the Shinobi series outside the PS2 game. Was more of a Ninja Gaiden person.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now before all these translated M2 interviews deprive me of sleep. Fascinating stuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ah, well that's still good though. The amount of care already put into the options in these 3D Classics is super commendable. M2's on a whole other level.

Also is that the Shinobi game that had the bootleg copyright characters like Batman for enemies or was that a different Shinobi?
I'll admit, I have little knowledge of the Shinobi series outside the PS2 game. Was more of a Ninja Gaiden person.

Different one. That was Revenge of Shinobi. Although Shinobi III has Mecha-Godzilla. Also it's totally the better game.

Also

GclJsAJ.jpg

My favorite wave 1 Sega 3D Classic was Super Hang On by a wide margin, but Galaxy Force II and Shinobi III are solid. Still need to get Afterburner 2.

M2 are amazing.

Hey guys is Fist of the North Star watched or read?

I watched up until Ken fought Shin... I liked it, but it's super super basic and dated. You wa Shock is legit one of the best openers I've ever seen though.
I'm curious about the newer animations of it.

y-you.......never watched berserk?

Matt's taste in video games are one thing, but his taste in anime is flawless. Berserk is one of the very best animes I've ever seen, and I say that having watched it like 7 months ago for the first time.
It's a bit cheap, animation wise, but writing wise fuckin hell man it's good.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
New personal record in Tetris Axis Marathon Mode (standard Tetris): 182 lines. Fuck yeah.

(That AGDQ Tetris segment made me reeeeeally want to play Tetris, heh.)

Oberon

Banned
Morning
I woke up, still feeling like death.
Being sick sucks, and I don't have the energy to read through those 20 or so pages.

Skrams

Thinking of not watching the Parasite Eve LP and getting the game.

It looks fantastic

I'll probably do the same. I've seen a lot of the game before, but never played it myself. I think it's also supposed to be a reasonable length like Chrono Trigger? I also might do this with Super Mario RPG since I already own the game.

It's weird how some guys LPing a game is one of the things that gets me most motivated to play a game myself. This is just so I can go into it fresh then see their opinions in video form later.

Where were you guys when I was criticising the game for its poor dungeon design, item system, world design and pretty much the entire game for the past few threads?
=P. At least now I know I'm not the only one who thinks ALBW is just merely ok.

I'd go as far as to say it's less than just okay, but that's just me. I'm one of those people that would be super happy to have level packs from Nintendo for the rest of time. Mario could be 3D World and Zelda could be Ocarina forever and that would be best to me.

Oberon

Banned
ALBW was the first Zelda game I have played, and I loved it.
I have no desire to play the older games , but I might buy MM 3D.

ALBW was the first Zelda game I have played, and I loved it.
I have no desire to play the older games , but I might buy MM 3D.

You should, it's the best Zelda.

Weirdly, despite my love of things being exactly the same, my favorite Zelda is the one that's the most different.

You mean like the structure of Zelda games to be like OoT and that they just keep adding dungeons? I agree that Mario could just be levels, though I do enjoy having nice, small overworlds such as the ones in Galaxy.

Yeah. Essentially the step to Twilight. Since that's really just another Zelda game and that's why I really enjoyed it. It was just more of that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I can't get into Zelda at all anymore. Just don't care for it. That said, I'll always love Link to the Past, and I've been playing Link's Awakening DX off and on for a few months now, and it's really quite good too. But modern Zelda (and really any Zelda past the 16-bit era) has done nothing for me.

demidar

I can't get into Zelda at all anymore. Just don't care for it. That said, I'll always love Link to the Past, and I've been playing Link's Awakening DX off and on for a few months now, and it's really quite good too. But modern Zelda (and really any Zelda past the 16-bit era) has done nothing for me.

Gonna get some hate but I really hate Link's Awakening solely because of those pickups that force you to read some dialogue. Way to break the flow of your game.

Zenfalcia

Hey guys, it looks like i missed DrinkingGaf and came just in time for ZeldaGaf. Maybe i should finish Link's awakenning someday. Uh.. so.. how is everyone this morning?

Skrams

Jeez, how did I miss the descriptions for Super Mario RPG.

Once upon a time a young company by the name of Square-chan was running to school, toast clenched firmly in her mouth, when she happened to turn a corner and run flat into Nintendo-senpai. At the time, it was the most embarrassing moment of her life, but little did she know that this chance meeting would soon blossom into a wonderful video game.

“Ah, yabai!” Square-chan yelped as she bounced off of Nintendo-senpai’s muscular chest, feeling her face go beet red as she fell towards the pavement. She braced for the impact and shut her eyes, but to her surprise it never came. Nintendo-senpai had gripped her arm with his rugged hands, which were scarred from handling Nintendium at his Oyaji’s local metalsmith. “A-a-a-a-arigatou, Nintendo-senpai…” she stuttered quietly. She was unsure whether or not he had heard it, but she didn’t mind either way, wanting nothing more than to get out of the situation at hand.

Realizing she was still staring at her feet, Square-chan slowly brought her gaze up to meet his and noticed that Nintendo-senpai, in an incredible show of dexterity, had managed to catch Square-chan’s wayward toast in his mouth. She watched as he took a bite of it, then handed it back to her, with a curt “Thanks for the grub.” He flipped on his signature aviator glasses as he spun around, casually holding his schoolbag over his shoulder with one hand, and continued his walk towards school without even missing a beat. Square-chan would have been extremely impressed with how mad cool he was, but she was caught in a new predicament; the only way to eat her toast involved an indirect kiss with Nintendo-senpai. A kiss with the Ouji of North Nippon High.

As Square-chan approached the school gates she held in her hand the very corner of her toast. All that was left was a tiny chunk that she had carefully nibbled around, in order to avoid any uncouth interactions with the area Nintendo-senpai had bitten. “What am I supposed to do with this…?”, she muttered to herself, considering the insanity of hanging on to a piece of bread. Before she could fully parse the thought, her best tomodachi, Treasure-san had appeared alongside her. “OHAYO, SQUARE-CHAN!” she yelled, hoping to get a rise out of the young kabushiki gaisha. “What’s that you’ve got there?” Treasure-san inquired. “N-n-nothing! Nothing at all” Square-chan cried out, as she quickly hid the toast in her lucky thigh highs. “It wouldn’t happen to be a gift from Nintendo-senpai, would it?” Treasure-san asked, with an impish grin forming on her face, “I saw the whole thing back there. He’s pretty slick, huh? So what are you actually going to do with that?”

“Oh, errr, you saw that?” Square-chan whispered to Treasure-san, blushing furiously. “Yep, from beginning to end! Now, I don’t know what kind of girl would shove used toast down her leggings, but you must like him somethin’ fierce if you’re doing that, huh?” Square-chan sighed and looked up towards her friend, “I-I like how much of a hard worker he is… managing to keep a handheld and a console going at the same time, e-even after he messed up with that Virtual… thing… he jumped right back into the race! There just aren’t really many guys like that around, you know? A-a-and his aviator glasses g-give me the vapours…” she trailed off towards the end, but Treasure-san had heard all she needed to know. “You need to make a game with him!” she exclaimed. “A g-g-g-game? No, I barely know him, I-I can’t just g-g-go making games with people like that… I need to start small…”. Treasure-san sighed, “Look, I’ll talk to Sega-dono, I’m sure I can get him to make Nintendo-senpai notice you. He and I just made some games, after all. It’ll be cake!” Treasure-san affirmed, pumping her arm with a grin. Square-chan yelped and blushed even furiouser and furiouser “Ch-ch-chotto matte, Treasure-san! You can’t just tell me about you and Sega-done making g-g-g-g-…” She couldn’t even bring herself to say it, her mind cluttered with images of no longer being able to marry. “He loves it when I do the Seven Force!” Treasure-chan whispered slyly, before running off towards the school. As Square-chan trailed behind, chest tightened at the thought of Treasure-san helping her out with Nintendo-senpai. It felt like a milestone was being reached. She recited some beautiful haiku or something.

END OF 「SPARKING! TOAST OF LOVING ARC」

Treasure-san jostled her way through the busy halls of North Nippon High, moving confidently to the student council room where she was sure she’d find Sega-senpai, but when she flung open the door with a genki smile, she was greeted with not a welcome, but a yell of “FREEZE!”. Treasure-san yelped and flung her hands above her head, when she saw him. Sega-senpai was crouched behind an overturned desk, pointing a gun her way, with a serious look on his face. “What the hell’s going on here?” Treasure-san thought to herself. “I need to get outta’ this mess…” She quickly glanced around, surveying the room, then acted instinctively; she kicked her shoe off straight at Sega-senpai with impeccaple aim, knocking his weapon out of position, then flipped over the nearest desk and leapt behind it. She hollered her mightiest “DORYAAHHH” and kicked off towards Sega-senpai with the desk acting as a makeshift shield. Treasure-san couldn’t see through it, obviously, but she could feel the moment when she had pinned Sega-senpai against the wall, “What’s the big idea, man? Put that thing down!” she cried at him. “Wait, hang on, I think there’s been a misunderstanding; it’s just a toy!” Sega-senpai yelped at her. “A toy?!” Treasure-san was incredulous.

And that's everything so far. Jeez Liam.

ultimax

Hey guys, it looks like i missed DrinkingGaf and came just in time for ZeldaGaf. Maybe i should finish Link's awakenning someday. Uh.. so.. how is everyone this morning?
I should probably finish ocarina 3d soon...i don't really like it so far tbh. But I'm still way too early in the game to tell

Emouse

As far as Zelda games go I own all of them in some form apart from oracle of ages/seasons and that links crossbow training thing

And I've only finished Minish Cap, Wind Waker twice and four swords adventures which barely counts

Zenfalcia

Jeez, how did I miss the descriptions for Super Mario RPG.

And that's everything so far. Jeez Liam.

I can't wait for the anime adaptation. It will be sugoi.
Still sick and on my way to class, but it's fine, since my lovely Sheik Amiibo is waiting for me. How about you?

I slept really early, woke up early, and now dicking around before i start my homework and eat/make breakfast.
I should probably finish ocarina 3d soon...i don't really like it so far tbh. But I'm still way too early in the game to tell

Maybe you'll find that you'll never like it or maybe you just need to get to one point where it sucks you in. Who knows.

Xiraiya

Good morning Frienders, I've been awake since 4am yesterday, it is now nearly 11PM and I've had almost no sleep after being in bed for the last 7 or so hours, it is a warm 25c tonight in Prison.

I hope everyone is well.
Br97HU.gif

Zenfalcia

Good morning Frienders, I've been awake since 4am yesterday, it is now nearly 11PM and I've had almost no sleep after being in bed for the last 7 or so hours, it is a warm 25c tonight in Prison.

I hope everyone is well.

That's a shame you couldn't sleep. You must be in an amazing mood right now, very cheery and loving life.. On the bright side.. you might sleep/crash well tomorrow?

More or less. I'm reading up on people being openning up to the thread while people talk about alchohol.. so there's that.

demidar

Free movement in the RE1 remake is broken, but I didn't realize how broken it was until I tried it. Usually you can only turn at about 90 degrees per second and strafing is impossible, but with free movement you can fucking spin and juke like an NFL quarterback, you could very easily and literally run circles around zombies and crimson heads because there's no concept of momentum/inertia and turning is instant.

Rizzi

That's why tank controls are the best.

I have an assignment due at the end of next week. I don't wanna do it. I just want to play RE. It's like high school all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom