• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
My standards for anime are rock bottom and I enjoy them that way. I can enjoy Monster as one of the greatest things of all time then immediately go watch Trinity Seven and have similar levels of entertainment, just because I enjoy watching anime on a very basic level, so even shitty anime scratches that itch.

Albany Oregon is the definition of that shit. Everyone thinks they're a cowboy for some reason, it makes going to bars here very difficult, since I always stick out like a sore thumb just for wearing normal clothes.
I'll know I've hit rock bottom when I watch K-ON and Guilty Crown of my volition.

Twitter is blocked at my school. Anyone want to fill me in on what it is?

80?Try 400.
Though most of it's probably trash.
I've only watched 197 shows and movies.

We have one bar here, I went there once..never again. Florida Georgia Line listening..cowboy hat wearing...-cringe-

Most of missouri as well. These dumbasses seem to think we're in the south. We definitely aren't. Not even close.

We have like, six bars here and they're all cowboy bars but one, which is trying to be a nightclub in a town with cowboy bars. They're all awful, but one of the cowboy bars is across from the club and that one plays music that isn't just country.

It's a terrible thing but I have no other options and there are plenty of 40+ women there ready and willing, they also seem to be the only people not lookin' f'r an ol' country boy.

A wig could work. Especially the worst ones.

I'll find one and be the fattest Travis of all time.

Skrams

Also, all anime is great, even the worst ones.

I know we're joking, but come on. Come on.

You all are also reminding me that I've been super tired lately and have not been playing a lot of games. It feels kind of sad to know I've touched less than 5 something hours of games in the past 3 weeks. I started Tearaway and I plan on playing more of that, but just haven't. For some reason now I'm playing FF7 and just got Tifa. I'd probably not be even playing these if I didn't have a Vita. I've had a PS4 for almost 2 months and touched it less than 5 something hours for game purposes. 3 of those hours were Knack for some reason. Not sure if I should force myself to sit down and play something like Evil Within or some other game-ass game. The best part of my week seems to just be JoJo right now. I'm even kind of lagging behind on best friend videos.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yep, I do. I've also had conversations with the guy both face-to-face (Robin Hunicke was there as well) and here on Neogaf.

I also went to conventions where they'd talk about the game, have the artbook (signed), the scarf, both the digital and physical versions of the game and the OST. Also pretty much analysed the game to death. My fondness of TLOU is nothing compared to my love for Journey.

I really want the artbook. I would love to read an in-depth analysis and compare it to my own.

What I got out of the game is that it is a metaphor for life. A very beautiful one at that.

Zenfalcia

It's fine!!
I know we're joking, but come on. Come on.

You all are also reminding me that I've been super tired lately and have not been playing a lot of games. It feels kind of sad to know I've touched less than 5 something hours of games in the past 3 weeks. I started Tearaway and I plan on playing more of that, but just haven't. For some reason now I'm playing FF7 and just got Tifa. I'd probably not be even playing these if I didn't have a Vita. I've had a PS4 for almost 2 months and touched it less than 5 something hours for game purposes. 3 of those hours were Knack for some reason. Not sure if I should force myself to sit down and play something like Evil Within or some other game-ass game. The best part of my week seems to just be JoJo right now. I'm even kind of lagging behind on best friend videos.

We're half kidding.. kinda.

you just need to sit down and focus on one game till you finish it.

I'm forever lagging behind on the bestfriends.. ;_;

We have like, six bars here and they're all cowboy bars but one, which is trying to be a nightclub in a town with cowboy bars. They're all awful, but one of the cowboy bars is across from the club and that one plays music that isn't just country.

It's a terrible thing but I have no other options and there are plenty of 40+ women there ready and willing, they also seem to be the only people not lookin' f'r an ol' country boy.
Man, the only bar around here is a shitty dive. That'd be fine if not for the asshole on harleys who decided thats their hangout. Can even walk into that place anymore.

Alfebit

Banned
I hate myself and have low standards. If it looks cute/mildly interesting i'll probably watch it. I'm a sucker for anime art.
Same here. I know it's going to be the most nothing show but I'll still add it cuz cute.
I moved my backlog from "Large number" to "EVERYTHING." that way I can just watch whatever I want with no sense of other things taking priority.
It'd help if I actually watched them instead of just adding them to my hummingbird.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It's fine!!
We're half kidding.. kinda.
you just need to sit down and focus on one game till you finish it.
I'm forever lagging behind on the bestfriends.. ;_;

I abandoned whatever Best Friends I didn't watch and just decided to follow Parasite Eve and Silent Hill. Still love that podcast tho.

I have so many games on my queue, a lot of which I've already started. I think I'll exclusively play P2:IS before I get my N3DSXL.

Zenfalcia

#AllDayAnimay

Y'all wanna watch some Strike the Blood and Little Busters, then finish the night off with some Kodomo no Jikan?

It's all about that all day animay, son. Watashi wa goddamn T-time. #desu.

I'm in the middle of finishing the Little busters VN, which is better, and still havent bothered finishing strike the blood or kodomo no jikan. i have a problem of not finishing stuff.

Man, the only bar around here is a shitty dive. That'd be fine if not for the asshole on harleys who decided thats their hangout. Can even walk into that place anymore.

I love being the most flamboyant person in the world going into those bars and dancing super sexually on guys, since it freaks them out. The amount of times I've been asked if I'm gay is staggering, even though I probably dance with more women than anyone in there just due to my gettin' freaking and not givin' a fuck.

TIL they make high school of the dead merch. I realized this when I saw a guy walking arpund campus with no shame that he was wearing it.

I'd wear one with no shame.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
^ And has an amazing soundtrack

Watch in Japanese or English?

Also, I have temporarily put Beck on the back burner until I finish Monster, but Beck redubbing songs and not allowing you to listen to them in Japanese is unfortunate. IDK who first told me about that.

Oh god ._. Hope you like MIRNF's

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
#AllDayAnimay

Y'all wanna watch some Strike the Blood and Little Busters, then finish the night off with some Kodomo no Jikan?

God, fucking Strike the Blood. I think that show, more than any other, was responsible for my total anime burn-out that persists to this day. I can't think of a single good thing about that show
except La Folia

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know a thing about K-ON except for the cute gifs posted on GAF. Those alone make the show good as far as I'm concerned.

Ilvocare

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh~!

After 5000 months I'm free! It's time to conquer threads!!!

Hi anyone, long time lurker, first time poster who literally got approved today. It's gonna be either a wild ride or simply a thing.

God, fucking Strike the Blood. I think that show, more than any other, was responsible for my total anime burn-out that persists to this day. I can't think of a single good thing about that show
except La Folia
What, yoy didn't like the adventures of mary sue and bland girl? They had to save shitsville from bad people!

Watch in Japanese or English?

9ZHQbOs.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
except La Folia

I remember being mildly interested in that show and watching up to
that time he became a girl because magic
. Then I got fed up with it's bullshit. I COULD NOT TAKE THE FANSERVICE. It was too annoying. Also, the shallow as shit characters and the harem didn't help.

They're... Well, like, half of them are actually pretty attractive, but the other half... Blegh. But, like I said, drunk Aaron is such a slut he doesn't care.
You love it you slut.
Huh. That's a new one.
Thanks, literally just made it up when that post was created.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh~!

Hi anyone, long time lurker, first time poster who literally got approved today. It's gonna be either a wild ride or simply a thing.
Welcome!
You're not free yet, you've just been given your cell key, you still have to beat the Asylum Demon known as Jr. Membership.

Always remember..you're here forever now.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I don't know what you're quoting, but here's the answer: Always watch everything in its original language.

I'm not quoting anything, I was asking a question.

But what if the dub is really good? I always give the dub a try first, then if I can't take it I go to the subs.

Well, I finished my first midterm. It took about 2 hours. Now I only have 3 left over the nexf few days. Good thing 2 of my teachers decided to do a project for a midterm, so I don't have to come in during those classes.

Zenfalcia

Same here. I know it's going to be the most nothing show but I'll still add it cuz cute.

It'd help if I actually watched them instead of just adding them to my hummingbird.

That or at least i like this one character enough to enjoy the show.
I abandoned whatever Best Friends I didn't watch and just decided to follow Parasite Eve and Silent Hill. Still love that podcast tho.

Someday i'll finish yakuza 4 playthrough.. and many other LPs.
except La Folia

But don't you love girls getting sucked for blood? And provocative fanservice with manly man action scenes? All while flat chracters do nothing?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh~!

Welcome, remember you're here forever. I never understand how people can lurk our threads of nothingness.. are we that entertaining?

croten

I'm not quoting anything, I was asking a question.

But what if the dub is really good? I always give the dub a try first, then if I can't take it I go to the subs.

Mara is right, good dub or not you should always watch it in it's native language. Otherwise it's just a watered down experience, unless the original is shit tier. Plus it's about music, do you want to hear the song that was made for Japanese in English?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What, yoy didn't like the adventures of mary sue and bland girl? They had to save shitsville from bad people!

That was one of the biggest problems I had with StB. It was just...so damn bland and formulaic. Virtually no surprises save for that one arc near the end that was kinda interesting but then ended up being the same shit as usual.

I remember being mildly interested in that show and watching up to
that time he became a girl because magic
. Then I got fed up with it's bullshit. I COULD NOT TAKE THE FANSERVICE. It was too annoying. Also, the shallow as shit characters and the harem didn't help.

Yeeeep. Like, I didn't mind the fanservice, for the most part, but the harem shit just got so old after a while. Koujou's basically "dense harem protag #247, but this time he's a vampire too!". Guh.

Honestly the "blatant yaoi-bait" character (Vatler) was the best part of the show somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom